I just wanted to thank everyone on the board

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 30, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +279 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    128ß
    This is a great place to chat about the team we all love. I live out in NJ, which means that I am basically the only Bears fan within a 500 mile radius of my condo. Since I don't have any fellow Bears fans out here to talk to, I really appreciate the fact that I can simply log onto dabears.com whenever I feel like discussing the team. Just wanted to let ya'll know that. Call me crazy, but I honestly think we are going to have a GREAT season this year. 11-5/12-4 baby!
    BradMuster'sGhost-The official/lone Bears representative in NJ.
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,304 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    578ß
    How far are you from NYC?
  3. Moth

Moth Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I empathize your statement.

There are few Bears fans to go around in Calgary, AB as well. Hell, it's a struggle finding someone to talk NFL with in general. I feel like I'll be spending alot of my time here since everyone tries to segway a football conversation into the CFL.

Go Bears
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +4,304 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    578ß
    The Bears Head Coach won 2 CFL Championships.

Segway.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +279 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    128ß
    about 2 hours away from NYC, Jimmers. I live in South Jersey, which is basically an amalgam of Giants, Jets and Eagles fans.
  6. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +4,304 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    578ß
    Yeah, thats a bit far. Used to live in NY bout 7 years ago, there are a few "Bears" bars in the city where fans go to watch the game. One i went to wasnt really a Bears bar per se, but they got used to us coming there every Sunday, so theyd put the game up on the big screen (was a general sports bar with many TVs). But yeah...football isnt particularly big in NY/NJ area, most of the fans are transplants from elsewhere.
  7. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +279 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    128ß
    yeah, I hear you Jimmers. I have a few local sports bars, but I will probably be the ONLY Bears fan in them on gamedays. :( The guys who live in areas with a lot of Bears fans don't know how lucky they are! I am probably the only Bears fan in the entire tri-state area, lol!
  8. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +4,304 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    578ß
    Nah, there are plenty out there. Bears fans are literally EVERYWHERE. When i went to the Bears-Cardinals game in AZ last fall, you would swear the split in fans was 50-50. Felt like Solder Field West
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Moth

Moth Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    -"What do you think of the new Bears coach?"

-"Who's that?"

-"Marc Trestman, Coached the Als."

-"I can't believe he went to the NFL. NFL players dont usually do very well coming to the CFL... Did you see that hippie from the Dolphins who did really well in Miami but was awful with the Argonauts? CFL players do really well going to the NFL though, I guess that goes to show you that the CFL is a lot better then people give it credit for and probably actually better than the NFL... blah, blah, blah... WARREN MOON!...blah blah... DOUG FLUTIE... Big Footballs!"

My last football conversation with a CFL fan
  10. WearyBear

WearyBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Moth, when does the CFL season begin and end and are there any tv channels that carry it. I am interested in watching the CFL. Years ago we had a league (USFL) that played in the spring but it folded. I miss being able to watch football after the NFL season ends.
  11. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    This is indeed the very best message board about the Bears! So many great posters, who are always nice and does provide great knowlegde! :)
    • Like Like x 3
  12. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    549ß
    It is, isn't it?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    428ß
    Glad you found us BMG.
  14. Moth

Moth Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    CFL starts at the end of June/first week of July every year. We are at "labour day" week right now, which is basically our equivilent to the "thanksgiving weekend" point in the NFL. This is where is starts to get down to the grind and teams are fighting for that playoff spot ... (By fighting I mean 75% of the league makes it).

I wouldnt know what channels in the US carry it, being Canadian and all, but I would imagine you would be subject to the Alouettes and Argonauts given your area. I would just go off of this list here http://www.cfl.ca/page/us-broadcast-schedule

Players you may be interested in watching if possible, as potential jumpers to the NFL are:

Chad Owens, WR/SlotR/KR, TOR (led the league with 1,330 recieving yards last season)
    JC Sherrit, LB, EDM (Led CFL in 130 tackles last season)
    Keron Williams, DE, BC (Replaced Camerone Wake, tallies 33 sacks last 2 seasons)

Another interesting note, The Montreal Alloutes currently own the rights to one Tim Tebow for the CFL and Anthony Calvillo has just gone down long term
    • Like Like x 1
  15. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    I lived in Princeton for 7 years and you would be surprised at the # of Bears fans in that area. You just have to seek them out but they ARE there. Good luck to you sir.
    ;)
  16. WearyBear

WearyBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Thanks Moth.
  17. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    You may be wrong about the 500 mile thing. I live in a small town in Maryland right between Philly and Baltimore.

I'm about 30 minutes outside Philly. There are several Bears fans in this small town and in Delaware.

So, if you're in South Jersey there's more Bears fans in this area than you think.
  18. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    this is forum is my new home :3_2_101v[1]:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +279 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    128ß
    Adibear, is she gonna give him a "Happy Emoticon Ending? " Just curious.
    • Like Like x 4
  20. phatdude

phatdude Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I agree!

I'm a native of Las Vegas, NV and as you all know, there isn't a professional sports team out here. In 1985 I jumped on the Bears Bandwagon, and never got off! Who would have known my favorite team would never win another Superbowl again, either way almost 30 years later they are still my team.

Since LV is mostly California transplants I have to deal with "49er Nation" which makes me want to vomit. And for some reason, if you are not a 49ers fan, you are a Packers fan!!! Uhhh..

It sucks that none of my family members are into the NFL. And all my friends are non-Bears supporters. This site does make me feel like less of an outcast!