I just wanted to thank everyone on the board

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    83ß
    Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -1
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    This is indeed the very best message board about the Bears! So many great posters, who are always nice and does provide great knowlegde! :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,981ß
    Ratings:
    +2,832 / 7 / -9
    It is, isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    769ß
    Ratings:
    +1,381 / 3 / -3
    Glad you found us BMG.

4. Moth

Moth Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    CFL starts at the end of June/first week of July every year. We are at "labour day" week right now, which is basically our equivilent to the "thanksgiving weekend" point in the NFL. This is where is starts to get down to the grind and teams are fighting for that playoff spot ... (By fighting I mean 75% of the league makes it).

I wouldnt know what channels in the US carry it, being Canadian and all, but I would imagine you would be subject to the Alouettes and Argonauts given your area. I would just go off of this list here http://www.cfl.ca/page/us-broadcast-schedule

Players you may be interested in watching if possible, as potential jumpers to the NFL are:

Chad Owens, WR/SlotR/KR, TOR (led the league with 1,330 recieving yards last season)
    JC Sherrit, LB, EDM (Led CFL in 130 tackles last season)
    Keron Williams, DE, BC (Replaced Camerone Wake, tallies 33 sacks last 2 seasons)

Another interesting note, The Montreal Alloutes currently own the rights to one Tim Tebow for the CFL and Anthony Calvillo has just gone down long term

• Like Like x 1
  5. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß
    Ratings:
    +220 / 0 / -0
    I lived in Princeton for 7 years and you would be surprised at the # of Bears fans in that area. You just have to seek them out but they ARE there. Good luck to you sir.
    ;)

6. WearyBear

WearyBear Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Moth.

7. BelieveInMonsters

ßearz ßuckz:
    171ß
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    You may be wrong about the 500 mile thing. I live in a small town in Maryland right between Philly and Baltimore.

I'm about 30 minutes outside Philly. There are several Bears fans in this small town and in Delaware.

So, if you're in South Jersey there's more Bears fans in this area than you think.

8. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    this is forum is my new home :3_2_101v[1]:

• Like Like x 1
  9. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    Ratings:
    +400 / 1 / -0
    Adibear, is she gonna give him a "Happy Emoticon Ending? " Just curious.

• Like Like x 4
  10. phatdude

phatdude Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    103ß
    Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I agree!

I'm a native of Las Vegas, NV and as you all know, there isn't a professional sports team out here. In 1985 I jumped on the Bears Bandwagon, and never got off! Who would have known my favorite team would never win another Superbowl again, either way almost 30 years later they are still my team.

Since LV is mostly California transplants I have to deal with "49er Nation" which makes me want to vomit. And for some reason, if you are not a 49ers fan, you are a Packers fan!!! Uhhh..

It sucks that none of my family members are into the NFL. And all my friends are non-Bears supporters. This site does make me feel like less of an outcast!