I Like The Jordan Lynch Sigining..............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, May 11, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    This didn't exactly come as a surprise after they had him in for a sit down but it seems Trestman sealed the deal even after the Bears drafted Fales by asking him to sign anyway. He told him there are at least ten different things I can do with you and we'll make it work. So Lynch agreed and indicated he'll play wherever the team wants him to play. No selfish I'm a QB only and that's it.

I was looking at his Combine tapes and some game vids and as a RB this guy is very impressive. He doesn't have great top end speed but he has very quick feet and ran the 3rd fastest 3 cone drill of any RB in the last decade. He's very quick on his feet and changes direction effortlessly without breaking stride much like Forte can do. He also has far more power and strength for his size then you'd expect. I saw one game clip where two DL had him dead in his tracks for a loss and he tossed on guy off his shoulders and broke away from the other for a first down run. This kid just doesn't go down without as fight.

I'm no expert but I think he could add a little weight and become a very good power back. He not built like a QB at all. More like a Safety or a small LB and he's a hell of a good athlete. He wants to play in the NFL and his attitude is that he'll play wherever he has to in order to make that happen. I think he may turn out to be be a very good football player for us.

Link to his interview; http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...s-spt-0512-20140512,0,2036836.story?track=rss

#1 soulman, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Chicago_66

Chicago_66
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Could be a cool option to have blocking on punts. You can direct snap it and he can run for the first or throw it, dual threat conversion guy. Same with being a holder if they ever put him there, he can run it or throw it. I'd be down with Forte/Carey/Lynch as our three backs going into the season.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ya I think this was a hell of a pickup for the Bears, he's a great complimentary RB that has a ton of flexibility. If the team decided to run some WC formations he'd be a great option for it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chicago_66

Chicago_66
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Paul Hornung anyone?

6. strockrocks

strockrocks
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Kind of like a Hester package but the difference, this has been carefully thought out with details, unlike a 'concept' that never had any direction to it.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Chicago_66

Chicago_66
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

If you look at Lynch as the RB he is.. we just brought in two rookies who over the past two years have combined for 7,549 rushing yards and 84 rushing touchdowns. That's fuckin' insane.

• Like Like x 2
  8. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I think there's a good chance of that happening. You figure there are only four RBs on the team so it's not like we're stacked at that spot. I think Lynch is a very good football player and they'll do whatever they can to find a way to use him. Not that it's a guarantee of success but damn he was 3rd in the Heisman voting. Having him on the roster also precludes the need to have a 3rd QB active for games. Lynch can be the emergency QB.

• Like Like x 3
  9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Yep, I think Tice just liked to use it as a buzz word even though he didn't have a clue of how to implement it.

10. Chicago_66

Chicago_66
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Great point, didn't even think of that. Gives you more flexibility elsewhere.. saving a roster spot can be huge. Allow us to have an extra DL on our team or wherever else they choose to utilize. I'm hoping he makes it. He'd give defenses fits on the goal line. He has the goods to power it in but you can never discount him throwing it up to one of our behemoths at WR/TE. I feel like Trest would really utilize this guy very well. Could be a hometown favorite.

• Like Like x 3