I Like The Jordan Lynch Sigining..............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, May 11, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,433 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    604ß
    This didn't exactly come as a surprise after they had him in for a sit down but it seems Trestman sealed the deal even after the Bears drafted Fales by asking him to sign anyway. He told him there are at least ten different things I can do with you and we'll make it work. So Lynch agreed and indicated he'll play wherever the team wants him to play. No selfish I'm a QB only and that's it.

I was looking at his Combine tapes and some game vids and as a RB this guy is very impressive. He doesn't have great top end speed but he has very quick feet and ran the 3rd fastest 3 cone drill of any RB in the last decade. He's very quick on his feet and changes direction effortlessly without breaking stride much like Forte can do. He also has far more power and strength for his size then you'd expect. I saw one game clip where two DL had him dead in his tracks for a loss and he tossed on guy off his shoulders and broke away from the other for a first down run. This kid just doesn't go down without as fight.

I'm no expert but I think he could add a little weight and become a very good power back. He not built like a QB at all. More like a Safety or a small LB and he's a hell of a good athlete. He wants to play in the NFL and his attitude is that he'll play wherever he has to in order to make that happen. I think he may turn out to be be a very good football player for us.

Link to his interview; http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...s-spt-0512-20140512,0,2036836.story?track=rss
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Could be a cool option to have blocking on punts. You can direct snap it and he can run for the first or throw it, dual threat conversion guy. Same with being a holder if they ever put him there, he can run it or throw it. I'd be down with Forte/Carey/Lynch as our three backs going into the season.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +168 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    254ß
    Ya I think this was a hell of a pickup for the Bears, he's a great complimentary RB that has a ton of flexibility. If the team decided to run some WC formations he'd be a great option for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Paul Hornung anyone?
  6. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Kind of like a Hester package but the difference, this has been carefully thought out with details, unlike a 'concept' that never had any direction to it.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    If you look at Lynch as the RB he is.. we just brought in two rookies who over the past two years have combined for 7,549 rushing yards and 84 rushing touchdowns. That's fuckin' insane.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,433 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    604ß
    I think there's a good chance of that happening. You figure there are only four RBs on the team so it's not like we're stacked at that spot. I think Lynch is a very good football player and they'll do whatever they can to find a way to use him. Not that it's a guarantee of success but damn he was 3rd in the Heisman voting. Having him on the roster also precludes the need to have a 3rd QB active for games. Lynch can be the emergency QB.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,433 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    604ß
    Yep, I think Tice just liked to use it as a buzz word even though he didn't have a clue of how to implement it.
  10. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Great point, didn't even think of that. Gives you more flexibility elsewhere.. saving a roster spot can be huge. Allow us to have an extra DL on our team or wherever else they choose to utilize. I'm hoping he makes it. He'd give defenses fits on the goal line. He has the goods to power it in but you can never discount him throwing it up to one of our behemoths at WR/TE. I feel like Trest would really utilize this guy very well. Could be a hometown favorite.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. BearDownUnder

BearDownUnder Veteran

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Thing is like any 3rd string RB he has to contribute on special teams. And I mean normal special teams not any special packages made for him to throw or fake to throw.

If he can show talent as a RB and if he can do normal special teams stuff then he's a great get. No point having a bit of throwing ability if you can't do the initial job.
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,831 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    85ß
    When they said he'd probably be an RB for us, I thought that he could be used like Payton, in that play where Walter would fake the run and pass the ball for TD's. We saw him do that over and over again (I think 9 times over his career). It almost always went for 6.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    I love the fact that Green Bay made him an offer as a QB, and he elected to come to the Bears (his childhood team) as a RB instead.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,433 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    604ß
    Yep, he's a prefect fit for a guy to run a Wildcat formation deep in the red zone. He has the power to run it in himself, he can draw the defense to him and pitch to the trailing back or he can throw so when Trestman says he can think of ten ways to use him he's not just blowing smoke up his butt.

Emery and this coaching staff love positional versatility and here's just one more guy who has it. He can run, pass and catch and all from a RB spot. We haven't thrown a HB option pass since Walter was playing but with Lynch in the backfield a defense would have to consider that possibility. I like good football players above all else and this kid seems to be a very good one.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +168 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    I know its premature ... but is this a BALANCED TEAM yet ?

Without one down being played at Soldiers.
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,831 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    85ß
    Tonight I was watching the '85 NFC championship game against the LA Rams and Summerall and John Madden were talking about this facet of Walter's game. The defenses hated it because they had to be prepared to defend that pass from Payton. It was just one more edge that Payton had.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,433 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    604ß
    The kid is 6' and 217lbs of muscle. Look at his Combine vids. He's not built like most QBs you'll see. Some have projected him as a SS or if he could add 15lbs a WLB. In his interview he acknowledged a need to play STeams and he's more than willing to do that too.

He wants to play NFL football and he wants to play in Chicago. He's motivated and that's what I like best. How many time has a small, slow white kid from a mid sized college conference made a name for himself running and passing like he has and been a top candidate for a Heisman?

He's been running uphill against the odds his entire career and yet he's succeeded big time. I think the kid will do whatever it takes to keep in playing football and winning games. It's in his blood.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,433 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    604ß
    On offense it's all about having "weapons" and Lynch is the kind of player who could become a very effective weapon just because of his versatility. Most NFL coaches won't see that in him but coming from the CFL where they have a lot of players like that I think Trestman does see the possibilities. It's all about scoring points and this is a kid who knows a lot of ways to put the ball into the endzone. He's already proven that. I don't give a crap that he's a small slow white guy. He knows how to win football games and that's what I care most about.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    If he does make it as a RB. Over under on how many plays Tresty holds out before throwing a HB pass? :rofl2:
  20. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,433 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    604ß

LOL, we may have to do it by how many games. If it was up to me I'd use it to catch the Pack with their pants down and embarrass them throwing to a wide open receiver for the winning TD. There's a certain poetry to doing it that way for the very first time.

:gbsux: