I Like The Jordan Lynch Sigining..............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, May 11, 2014.

1. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    35ß
    4Da, I'm afraid Fales might get picked off the PS by another team. I think Ford will end up being the odd man out with Palmer & Fales our # 2 & 3 QBs respectively this year & next year Fales would be ready to be the # 2 guy with Lynch as emergency #3. Unless Fales surprises & beats out Palmer for the backup QB spot.

I can see Lynch running some read option this year, especially inside the 5 yard line. Maybe even some wildcat.
  2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß

He would have to show value in multiple areas and that could be one of them. Problem is, as much as I love option football....Can you really take Cutler off the field and minimize the threat of BM,AJ,MB in the red zone?
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +747 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    735ß
    If he was running a QB option it would be one more thing to worry about. Lynch running it in or throwing to any of the other weapons if they commit to him to early. I know this crosses the line from RB to QB but may have a few plays for him at the goal line.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,383 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    797ß
    I really hope you're right Jim.
  5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    361ß
    TWO QB's on the same field at the same time ... and no its not Tim Tebow.

Remember the N.E. plays of TWO TE's?

Well the results were ones in jail and the other is always gimped.

But WE are THE CHICAGO BEARS.

We plan things out better then that.

The RB option play ? Ill terrify you with it.

Youll wish youd gone back to G.B.
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,862 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,593ß
    Hey the name of the game is to score and if the can design some goal line packages with Lynch all the better. They never seem to want to risk a QB sneak or QB draw play with Cutler so make Lynch can handle some of that. All I know from watching their vids is the Lynch and Carey are some tough runners to bring down. They may not be breakaway threats but that's not what we need. We need guys who can get 4 ypc with little of no negative yards and who don't put the ball on the ground.

The more creative Trestman can get with the tools he has the better. Until that defense proves itself again we still need to be scoring a lot of points and getting TDs on drives that have ended in FGs all too often. I like Lynch's running ability but even more I like his attitude that says I'll do whatever it takes to play. He'd love to play QB but it's not gonna happen other than by design on some special plays but if he succeeds with those than he'll be happy to a part of the mix.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,567 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    786ß
    I really believe that we have just seen the tip of the Trestman creative iceberg. He is nothing if not creative. My belief is that we will see a lot more stuff on the offense this year as people settle into and buy into the offense. I had high hopes for the offense last year (well, defense too... but that's another story), but I never would have put money down on the #2 offense. Never. I'm sure today Trestman will have lots less trouble getting buy-in for anything he wants to do on offense from the players. The offense is going to fun to watch.
  8. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    I see the value in it. Problem is with Cutler on the field you can spread out a defense even inside the 5 with our huge red zone threats. Lynch is in there obviously they will still be covered but probably single everywhere and dare Lynch to throw it. Do you really want him throwing passes inside the red zone?
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,862 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,593ß
    I don't know why not. His completion percentage in college was good. His problem playing QB at this level isn't his accuracy it's his arm strength and those won't be long throws. I think you can still spread the defense out but the added benefit is that Cutler would not plan on running from the 5 yard line whereas Lynch would. He was very effective in college running QB draws and delays and those will work pretty well down there.

If he manages to make the roster he's just one more option, one more arrow in the quiver. It's his versatility and his drive to succeed that I'm attracted to. He wants to make the team and he'll play anywhere and anyhow they want him to in order to get that opportunity. Ya' gotta like a guy like that and root for him to succeed.
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,383 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    797ß
    That's my take on it too. It's just one more thing for the opposing defenses to have to worry about and cover. As you said, he is an accurate passer, and if defenses react to him running the ball he can simply fire a pass to one of our 3 towers, B.Marsh, Alshon or Bennett. Opposing defensive players said that Walter Payton was especially challenging due to the fact they always HAD to respect the pass option with him. He was pretty effective with it, not because he was a stellar passer, but it just caught defenses off guard.
  11. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love option football. I played in a flexbone option system in HS and now coach a spread option system. It's the one thing that makes the actual gameplay of college football hands down more fun to watch (but their post season ruins it). But I know that the Bears will not take Cutler off the field in the red zone. Not with his contract, and I'm sure he would not be happy with taking potential TD passes out of his stat line (unfortunately that does play a role in the NFL).

He won't be playing qb anywhere, at least not while Cutler is active. And in all honesty, nobody wants him or just about anyone only throwing passes inside the red zone. Do you know what the fans/media would say about Trestman and prolly even Cutler if we brought in Lynch at QB and he was responsible for a game changing turnover.

Won't happen. Wish we could see some of it but it won't happen realistically.
  12. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    361ß
    True.

Not true.

The option pass for the first time since SWEETNESS ... lets open it up ... remember what made us.
  13. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,862 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,593ß
    If Lynch makes the team and Trestman is able to design some special packages for him then somewhere along the line we have to show them or parts of them just so opponents have to account for it. To me that means option passes, flea flickers, read option formations, wildcat formations, QB draws, etc. It's almost as effective to threaten it as it is to use it.

I don't expect to see a ton of that stuff but maybe a few glimpses and glimmers for now. For the most part the kid will be playing STeams and getting a few carries from time to time. I think Trestman summed it up best when he said the kid is a football player and that's what I like to hear. Great athletes are fine up to a point but if they can't learn to play the game they're useless.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    358ß
    I believe the kid will be X factor or Wes Welker type player and he'll become indispensable. All that really matters is Trestman sees it and he knows how to utilize him. This year is going to be a blast to watch now we get to see what happens with both sides of the ball this sure beats the dumb asses of a few years ago. This has the same feel when dacoach was messing with the Fridge as a running back we just never knew what to expect.
  15. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    Ok I can see that. So long as Cutler is on the field with him then IMO it can't be a bad thing. Of course I'm not trying to predict what could happen just giving an example of what I am thinking. Maybe have a shotgun 2 back set with 2 of our 3 backs. If Lynch is on the field (as a rb) we could all the sudden break the huddle and have cutler just standing on the outside and Lynch at QB. Quick midline or split option may be able to catch teams off guard...like maybe once. But saying we would take cutler out in the red zone for some Lynch qb package is a bit absurd. Teams would have no problems manning up on our WRs and daring us to throw.

But we are getting way ahead of ourselves. First he has to make the 53 and then be dressed on gameday. That in and of itself is a longshot IMO.