I Like The Jordan Lynch Sigining..............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, May 11, 2014.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love option football. I played in a flexbone option system in HS and now coach a spread option system. It's the one thing that makes the actual gameplay of college football hands down more fun to watch (but their post season ruins it). But I know that the Bears will not take Cutler off the field in the red zone. Not with his contract, and I'm sure he would not be happy with taking potential TD passes out of his stat line (unfortunately that does play a role in the NFL).

He won't be playing qb anywhere, at least not while Cutler is active. And in all honesty, nobody wants him or just about anyone only throwing passes inside the red zone. Do you know what the fans/media would say about Trestman and prolly even Cutler if we brought in Lynch at QB and he was responsible for a game changing turnover.

Won't happen. Wish we could see some of it but it won't happen realistically.

2. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    899ß
    True.

Not true.

The option pass for the first time since SWEETNESS ... lets open it up ... remember what made us.

3. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,166ß
    If Lynch makes the team and Trestman is able to design some special packages for him then somewhere along the line we have to show them or parts of them just so opponents have to account for it. To me that means option passes, flea flickers, read option formations, wildcat formations, QB draws, etc. It's almost as effective to threaten it as it is to use it.

I don't expect to see a ton of that stuff but maybe a few glimpses and glimmers for now. For the most part the kid will be playing STeams and getting a few carries from time to time. I think Trestman summed it up best when he said the kid is a football player and that's what I like to hear. Great athletes are fine up to a point but if they can't learn to play the game they're useless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    657ß
    I believe the kid will be X factor or Wes Welker type player and he'll become indispensable. All that really matters is Trestman sees it and he knows how to utilize him. This year is going to be a blast to watch now we get to see what happens with both sides of the ball this sure beats the dumb asses of a few years ago. This has the same feel when dacoach was messing with the Fridge as a running back we just never knew what to expect.

5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Ok I can see that. So long as Cutler is on the field with him then IMO it can't be a bad thing. Of course I'm not trying to predict what could happen just giving an example of what I am thinking. Maybe have a shotgun 2 back set with 2 of our 3 backs. If Lynch is on the field (as a rb) we could all the sudden break the huddle and have cutler just standing on the outside and Lynch at QB. Quick midline or split option may be able to catch teams off guard...like maybe once. But saying we would take cutler out in the red zone for some Lynch qb package is a bit absurd. Teams would have no problems manning up on our WRs and daring us to throw.

But we are getting way ahead of ourselves. First he has to make the 53 and then be dressed on gameday. That in and of itself is a longshot IMO.