I really like Trestman, hope he carries this over

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Aug 25, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,873 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    849ß
    As head coach of the Montreal Alouettes in the CFL, Trestman banned locker-room music "with the N-word, B-word or disrespectful to women'' and prohibited female visitors in players' hotel rooms on trips. On the team bus before his first CFL game in 2008, as players loudly razzed the bus driver who had gotten lost, Trestman stood up and screamed: "You haven't ever made a mistake before!? Be quiet and show him some respect.

''His mantra on that team: Everything Matters.To Trestman, every little thing does.Nobody knows yet if that approach will make the Bears a better football team.

It won't surprise me if it makes the Bears better people.
    http://www.wsbt.com/sports/bears/ct-spt-0825-haugh-bears-chicago-20130825,0,5471657.column
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    413ß
    More reason Urlacher's attitude had to be disposed of.

Things we know:

Urlacher DID bully Cedric Benson, take that as you will
    Kept getting in ******* contests with retired players
    Ditka publicly told him to shut up, take that as you will
    He tried unsuccessfully, to bully Bas Ruten
    Fought with Halas Hall over a contract he thought he deserved (that no one else did)
    Continued to fight with them publicly, after they tried to mend fences
    etc. etc.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,537ß
    Dude What????

All ANCIENT HISTORY Henry and most all of it from quite a while ago.

If anyone had a bad attitude as a rookie and beyond it was Benson and I think eventually he proved he was pretty undependable as both a player and a person. Who was the cause of TJ being traded? Urlacher? Un uh

Ditka has told so many people to shut up that half the sports world would have stopped talking if they'd taken him seriously. This is Sybil we're talking about. He cries about some things more than Urlacher does and far more often.

I know nothing about this Bas Ruten thing and what we have here is a link to an interview with his side of the story told in an environment that reminds me of a pro wrestling staged interview. So it's a hearsay bar story and we've all heard 'em before and we've all got a few of our own I'd wager.

His contract battle was years ago and he's since publicly admitted "he acted like a baby" about it so what more do you want than that Henry? Again, it's ANCIENT HISTORY and not reflective of the Brian Urlacher of 2013.

What continued fight are you talking about? His discussions about his retirement and the way his contract negotiations were handled this past spring? Phil Emery gave his side of that story which we all (or at least most of us) know included a whole lot of gilding the PR lilly. Brian told his side and how he felt about the way it was handled. He was just as entitled to that as Phelonious Phil was to be quoted on his "sterilized" version of it all. It's over and done and he seems quite pleased to be retired now in any interview I've heard him in since. My opinion of it is that it was not handled well by the Bears and I have those that agree with me as there are those who would take an opposite point of view. Both are opinions, not fact.

What is this axe you have to grind with Urlacher Henry? The guy gave his body and heart and soul to the Bears for 13 years and if you compare him to many others with his stature and fame he was still one of the best "team players" in the NFL and was well liked and respected by coaches, teammates and his opponents! He's no choir boy and no one ever said he was but this is bullshit stuff and all most all of it from many years ago. Jeezus Henry, your worse than my ex-wife as far as bringing up the past. Pull your skirt down and get off the "Urlacher was a jerk and good riddance to him" soap box will ya'?
  4. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think Trestman is the guy we need in Chicago to turn this show around!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +614 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
    Carl Sagan? Uhhh, I only got one thing to say (out of billions and billions and billions)... Cedric Benson deserved it. But, everything, including Benson, is old hat, water under the bridge, ancient history, a dead horse (beaten to death), etc, etc, etc.

So happy we have Trestman. And Emery.

And no Benson.
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +652 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    337ß
    The Trestman book is a good read. I purchased it shortly after he was hired by the Bears. Shows his character and his philosophy for coaching came from and good stuff in general on the NFL. I got a email after the purchase from Trestman, I'm sure it was him sending out the emails..;)

Once again, thanks for your support.

Respectfully,
    Marc T
  7. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I like those things about Trestman. We got to train the animals in our lockerroom.
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    413ß
    True, but the evidence is there to suggest conflict on some level, at the least.