I will never understand some fans

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Mar 11, 2014.

1. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    152ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Older players that got the PAY DAY, then decline in skill, but still want money, WRONG. You care about the TEAM then take less, teach your replacement and get a few years more. If not see ya.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,211 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,061ß
    Well said!

3. EternalChampion

EternalChampion Veteran

Ratings:
    +361 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    556ß
    Absolutely. Brian was getting destroyed at the point of attack by any and everyone not wearing a Bears jersey his last season. He can try and play the disrespect card but he was hurting the team. The only thing that surprised me was that they offered him anything at all...they should have taken him out back and put him out of his misery Old Yeller style.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,023 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,395ß
    Exactly. We're not running a charity ward here. The players were rewarded with a lot of money over the years. We, as fans, better hope Emery/Trestman put team first - over mortgaging our future by overpaying players with diminished skills. I just want to win here in Chicago. Good for Emery.

5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +242 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    706ß
    2013 ... The WORST DEFENSE in BEARS franchise history.

Was it because Urls was gone ? Or the whole Defense was gone ?

Who was on that Defense after Urls was gone ?

Theres no right or wrong answers here. Somthing fell apart.

HALAS HALL has to put it together again and as fast as they put an Offensive Line together.

First day of F.A. , nothing but Defense. Looks like we are off to the right start.

Is Houston ,Mundy , and Senn off to the Pro-Bowl ? Probably not.

Can they fill in ? Lets hope so.

6. Cutthroat6

Cutthroat6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    I've spoke to some Bears fans that flat out say that if Urlacher was on the team this past season we would for sure be deep in the playoffs, I swear I literally wanted to slap the shit out them, they were so dead set that BU was the sole reason we were in shambles. BUSINESS IS BUSINESS it will forever be! Loyalty is just a plus

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,211 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,061ß
    I agree. For instance, when Lovie was fired, a lot of people couldn't understand that. Especially since he had 10 wins that season.

I often wonder, how many Bears fans actually watch the WHOLE game?? Sorry to say I watch the whole game win or lose.

• Like Like x 1
  8. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    It's a "Resistance To Change" issue with many fans. They are used to seeing their favorite player every week and when it's time for him to go they just cannot move on. Look at NE for example. They change key players like we change our sox. They must have some really mad fans but the results of winning trump their personel moves most of the time as they are almost always in the playoffs.
    ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,591 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,758ß
    Amen! I had a discussion with a buddy of mine the other day who just keeps on coming back to the same old crap...we gotta bring this guy back, how could we let this guy go...you can't release Peppers. You can't bring everyone back and you can't afford to hold onto to players who are towards the end. Dallas just cut Ware...Tuck has won two SuperBowls for the Giants and he won't play another down for them, Jarad Allen is gone from the Vikings...this is what happens to older players who are no longer worth their contracts...they get let go. If Tillman would rather finish his career playing for Lovie rather than the team that drafted him and the city that showed him love...so be it(although they just signed Verner to a great deal so I can't really see Tillman going there unless/until they release Revis)

10. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    78ß
    When your team is near the bottom of the NFL in Defense then it's time to move on from some of the players you have.

• Like Like x 1