I will never understand some fans

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Mar 11, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,049 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,771ß
    One other thing that has me pretty upset. This off-season it occurred to me that we've become the football version of the Cubs as far as winning Super Bowls. WE are now those "lovable losers" who are irrelevant in our division and the NFL for that matter. I don't like being a loser, so if we want to see some Super Bowl trophies come to Halas Hall, there better be some aggressive moves made by this new GM and head coach. Otherwise what's the use? We could have kept Jerry Angelo and Lovie (or for that matter Wanny and Jauron) and been lovable losers. Let's win something here in Chicago. Let's take the division back from Green Bay and kick THEM in the balls each year.

It takes change though. I'm all for it. Don't want to be a "lovable loser" anymore.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,156 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß
    It's still baffles me
    • Like Like x 1
  3. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    We're not the loveable losers, fans will stop going to games if the bears dont pull it together, the same wont be said for cubs fans. You do have to admit the bears have had some great seasons and other well have been cursed by injuries :( I think if Cutler never went down with the thumb injury I think we could have made a deep run at the NFCCG or better a SB
  4. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +929 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    775ß
    I think the journalist example of this type of fan is Steve Rosenbloom. Look at his article he wrote this morning. He's slamming the Bears for signing a DE who was the best against the run in the league, who can slide up and down the line, and who was athletic enough to line up at OLB because he wanted the Bears to sign a double digit sack guy. News flash steve...that guy isn't out there, and I'm not over paying for Michael Johnson who only got 3 sacks last year despite playing with talent on the line! Houston makes us better and I think we got him at a good price.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,049 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,771ß
    I respectfully disagree with you. Even when the Bears stink, the fans buy the tix and paraphernalia. It's who we are. Loyal even when our team isn't winning championships. We've had one super bowl win, and that was over a quarter of a century ago. Pathetic. Whenever I say that, some fan here always points out how we won titles "back in the day" but that was over 50 years ago and in the "leather helmet" times of ancient NFL days. Benjamin here is absolutely right on. Fans want us to keep the old guys but running an old folks home here as a charity is not going to win us championships. Emery and Trestman need to be ruthless in pursuing excellence. Fans that can't accept that are the ones who are fine with the "lovable loser" thing, just like the Cubs. Man, I'm sick of not winning super bowls here in Chicago. Sick of it. I'm excited to see a GM willing to make moves to get us relevant in the NFL again. Winners. Champions again.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    Agreed totally !
    Decades of mediocrity watching GB constantly getting lucky and stepping in shit. What is even worse is that I live in the northwoods and have to put up with their shit as well !
    :mad:
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    563ß
    I disagree with this part. I think McCown came in and did a great job. Honestly he had the offense moving better than Cutler.

Our defense was the loser for us this year. We gave up a LOT of stupid yardage. We could stop the run.

I Cutler going down was one injury that we didn't really feel.

Honestly, we weren't in a position to do well because we also have ZERO depth on defense. So when on person goes down, we hurt.
  8. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +929 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    775ß
    He's not talking about this year Ski.
  9. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    563ß
    I can't keep what injury happened when. :D

I just searched, you're right he injuried his thumb in 2011.
    Where are the seasons going?? they're all blending together.

I hardly remember Lovie's seasons. the only one I really remember now is 2006 the SB year. Other than that, they are all the same. :D
  10. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +929 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    775ß
    Hah! Understandable...thats really the only one worth remembering.
  11. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +229 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    621ß
    No shit.
  12. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,156 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß

Yet some fans want you to hang on the the old players that helped make it bad
  13. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +713 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    428ß
    I find it ironic that every cut or released defense player was supposed to end up with Lovie. When the only player so far to end up with Lovie was on the offensive side of ball and he payed premium price for that player. Even Lovie doesn't like the stench from the Bears D of last year. Shh....don't anyone tell Urlacher Lovie doesn't want any of Urlacher's washed up buddies either.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,616 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    Lovie isn't very loyal is he.
  15. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +229 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    621ß
    Benji its a love affair that means no SuperBowl.

We dont know yet ... Lovie may want to be Chicago South.

If we all remember ... we were called Tampa North at one time.
  16. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    56ß
    JD-30 I agree. We need to replace some players with better players.
  17. TarheelBear

TarheelBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    change is never easy people get attached to players and angry at others, hate some for never really turning into player they could have been. certainly not handled like it used to be Players in the end have more media access to voice there minds. Sad when it all get played out in media. hester was great to watch but limited as a player. certainly rule change hurt his value. Urlacher gone was time handled badly, but certainly not player he once was, his leadership loss being able read offense most of all.

pepper while stil think great player had off year on injury bitten team but even if he had 15 sacks this year and 40 hurries he wasn't getting paid either way. not with cutler new deal, and various future deals we will need to do. great player to have watched think would had better year but after week 5 just got ugly. his cap number looked even worse all knew that was gonna happen to make changes on defense.

peanut however been model bear player for years, classy guy think loosing him when he can still play has lot value forcing turnovers and physical CB But age coming into play and cap space hard see him back. personelly time for change get younger and hopefully better as unit. Just remains be seen if it was a coach or lack of player injury problem last year. either way please don;t let it be as bad as this year that was painful to watch defense getting crushed. looking lost.

Bring on the change let us just hope final product looks better and improves this year, and not 3 yr build to recovery for such bad defense.
  18. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +229 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    621ß
    We have yet to see a DT ...