I worry about the run-blocking. The OL needs to improve in this area.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, May 25, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,309ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Fendi isn't being accepted w/out competition. He's got Rosario and Mulligan in front of him; and if the team needs a pass catching TE b/c Fendi isn'g cutting it, they'll get one after cuts come out; probably how they'll get their other safety/'s also b/c Mundy/MD both suck almost as bad as Conte does.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,739ß
    Man do we suck at TE or what, How comfortable are you with any of these guys starting

3. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    146ß
    Maybe they should do what the team did for the goalie in that Disney movie big green machine? Tie Fendi up and have players take shots at him til he is not scared to get hit anymore haha

4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    It could well be. Some guys get stage fright. I've been playing in bands off an on for 40 years and I've played with some really talented guys who could whip through all kinds of hot playing in rehearsals or the recording studio but once you put them on stage with a crowd of people watching and listening their minds go blank and they can't even remember the song or the arrangement. That's 100% mental incapacitation.

Maybe if they bring him into camp as the #2 TE and it's his to keep or lose it may make a difference. I'm not sure that'll do it but someone has to get inside his head and get him to visualize the play and making the catch or the right block. It's like golf. If you visualize a good shot you often get it but visualize a slice and compensate for it and you'll slice every time because that's what your brain expects to happen.

It would sure be nice if he made it this year. We can use him. Imagine having a two TE set with both him and Martysaurus plus BMarsh and Jeffery at WR. Jeffery would the shortest guy out their at 6'3" and the other guys are covering all of them with 5'11" DBs. I get an erection just thinking about it! :wavingdick01:LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,018 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,386ß
    I've thought about this. I think that if Bennett goes down to injury Trestman will simply run an offense without a receiving TE threat. We simply won't run those plays. Obviously it limits our offense to a certain degree to lose a part of our playbook. Here's the deal. Receiving TE's are becoming incredibly coveted as the offenses have evolved into making them key to a great offense. They can create bigtime mismatches that can give defenses problems. They're so valuable that it's not easy to get them unless you draft them really really high - almost like getting a franchise QB (in that you need to spend a high pick for one).

Trying to "make one" out of a guy like Fendi probably isn't going to happen. Ultimately the Bears will have to draft one in the first 2 rounds if they're serious. Not saying you can't convert a basketball player into a TE, because some great TE's come from a bball background. So maybe Fendi does work out. And, sometimes a team gets a steal on a TE in later rounds or UDFA. But I really think we'll have to draft a guy in a top round.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    If Bennett is lost we lose his combination of blocking skills couple with his threat as a pass receiver but there are other ways to threaten those same zones that he works in with our bigger WRs and we use another guy for blocking like we did with Britton.

It's not ideal but if we don't come up with another combo inline TE than we adapt to who we do have. We wouldn't be the only team whose had to do that. Look at NE. They lost Hernandez and Gronkowsky at the same time.

I trust Trestman enough to come up with some alternatives he can use and Rosario can catch. They just haven't used him much that way. Right now I'm more concerned about not having an experienced LT backing up Bushrod.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,018 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,386ß
    The Pats are amazing. They seem to always have another high-quality young guy to reload with, when their starters go down to injury. They came up with Michael Hoomanawanui at TE. He played football for our high school team, and then went to the U of I (Illinois). He's a solid TE and will have a solid career.....it sounds like they are really coaching him up on the Pats. Belichick is the master at identifying talent and keeping the roster stocked with quality depth. Like him or hate him, you have to give him credit for finding and developing talent. They were killed with injuries last year, but still made the playofffs.

8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,309ß
    as blocking TE's I have no issues w/them starting if Bennett gets hurt; but only b/c I think we have 4 WR's that can do what 3 WR's and a TE can do.

It's not like the team is lacking for options in the pass game, right now you are talking about being worried if the teams 4th option goes down
    Marshal, Jeffery, Forte all are going to get more rec's game in game out then Martisoraus will. And that's not including Wilson and some other WR's that MIGHT be able to step up.

9. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,514 / 0 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    636ß
    If Cinnabon trained with Marshall I would be a hell of a lot higher on this guy. I think there will be some dumpster diving but with the new scout dept. that isn't so bad.

• Like Like x 1
  10. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,581 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,746ß
    I always thought Davis made some of the most difficult catches to make in games and then drop the easiest ones. I'll never forget a game I was at personally 4 years ago against Pittsburgh when Davis caught a Cutler bullet in the end zone in between two defenders. I thought to myself...how come he can catch that but not a wide open 5 yard friggin out!

• Like Like x 1