Idiot can't stay out of trouble

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by little bear, Jul 24, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +824 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    728ß
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...in-blackmon-arrested-for-marijuana-possession

Justin Blackmon arrested for marijuana possession

The last we heard from Justin Blackmon, the indefinitely suspended Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver was "getting help" and "keeping a low profile" in the Oklahoma City area.
    That low profile ended Wednesday.
    NFL Media confirmed with Jenny Wagnon-Monroe of the Edmond, Oklahoma Police Department that Blackmon was arrested for possession of marijuana Wednesday night. Police pulled Blackmon over for a traffic violation after he took a left turn into oncoming traffic.
    Police smelled an odor of marijuana coming from Blackmon's car, and he admitted to smoking a blunt while driving. There was another blunt in the vehicle and Blackmon also didn't have any identification on him.
    Blackmon has also been arrested twice for driving under the influence. His current indefinite suspension is for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported early last month that the Jaguars remain open to bringing Blackmon back into the fold if the NFL reinstates him during the 2014 season. Following this latest arrest, however, that possibility looks even slimmer.
    "I'm just praying that he gets the help he needs. I'm just praying that he gets right," Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said Thursday via The Associated Press. Bradley admitted that an incident like this "creates more conversation" about possibly cutting ties with Blackmon.
    Judging by owner Shad Khan's comments in May, this might be the last straw for Blackmon in Jacksonville.

--------------------
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    484ß
    You can't convince me that pot isn't addictive. It may not have the same intense withdrawal issues that other "more serious" drugs have, but it's definitely addictive.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +931 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    488ß
    Screw Blackmon. Yet another kid who let the money get to him.
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,538ß

There are a lot of drugs that are addictive including alcohol and the main ingredient in some over the counter cough syrups as well but it's not the drug itself that does it. It's the abuse of that drug by the person using it. A lot of it is ignorance of just how easy it is to become to become physically, mentally or emotionally addicted but that's also true of a lot of things.

Some drugs are far higher on the addiction scale than others and weed really isn't one of those but it's just as easy to get dependent on it as any other drug. Fortunately it's also less physically punishing to remove the addiction but the user has to want to do that. Justin Blackmon obviously hasn't reached that point yet, he's out of control, and it's destroying his career. Any way you slice it or dice it that is an addiction!

Who was it who posted that if Jax cut him that maybe we should sign him? :ohmygod:
  5. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +824 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    728ß
    I think that was me. :spin:

Guess I underestimated his douchebagness. Sorry.
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    The problem w/most of these is people tend to have addictive personalities, add to that some addictive qualities of products and it's a bad combination.
  7. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +931 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    488ß
    Add to the fact that they have MAD CASH in their wallet....
  8. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,538ß

LOL, well you're an Assistant HC so you get dispensation but you're on Trestman's staff now not Lovie's so lets focus brother.......focus! :rofl2:

:13 4 9[1]:
  9. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    289ß
    It won't be long before he is done with the league and another talented player replaces him. I will say this that I find it more disturbing how Ray Rice got only 2 games suspended for what ever he did to his current wife in the elevator.
  10. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    281ß
    Hahhaa . Here's the true definition of addictive personality : People who like to get high ( buzzed , ripped ) whatever u wanna call it .
  11. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    413ß
    I agree, to an extent. I think certain people, those with "the addiction gene" can't control themselves with it. Others have no problem.