Idonije to be honored in Winnipeg

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Newsman, May 21, 2014.

1. The Newsman

The Newsman Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    984ß
    ChicagoBears.com News:

Bears defensive lineman Israel Idonije will be back home in Canada Wednesday to receive a prestigious honor at a ceremony in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Continue reading...
  2. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +932 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    493ß
    hmmmm....
  3. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    73ß
    Lol..."The Peg" as it is known for is also known as the armpit of Canada....We should not let him go....he wont be the same afterwards..... Like a Dean Koontz character entering a desolate town....
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,855 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,561ß
    So Winnipeg, Manitoba/Canada = Newark, New Jersey/US?
  5. Ojibway Bob

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    73ß
    Haha from what I've heard about Newark...ya but the Peg is also amongst the coldest of major Cities up here I believe and a lot of dirty people
  6. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,855 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,561ß
    Too cold to shower or bathe huh?

What do they do in Winnipeg, besides drink hot shots and shiver a lot I mean. What's the main industry or industries there? You know it's really crazy that we live next to one another and yet I really don't know much about the economics or the demographics of Canada.

Other than watching the Red Green Show and Ice Road Truckers I'm a moron when it comes to knowing about our nearest neighbor. Guess I should do a little discovery by reading about it instead of just watching the McKenzie Brothers in Strange Brew huh? LOL
  7. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    76ß
    Affectionately known as Winterpeg, it's a cold, windy place in winter (I've walked around it in January) and mosquito infested during its hot summers. The seat of the provincial government, it also has aviation and bus manufacturing. If you take transit or intercity coach, you've probably ridden on a Winnipeg made coach somewhere along the line.

It also has a major RCAF and army base, hence the Winnipeg Jets NHL team name. It's a major base for NORAD and other air force functions.

If you can put up with the cold and the bugs, it has a very low cost of living. It's about the size of Miami in population.

Anybody who moves from Africa to Winnipeg and stays, deserves a medal.
  8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    766ß
    I think it was Winnipeg I flew into years ago. Middle of the winter and the rental cars were plugged into engine heaters, like horses tied to posts. First time I had ever seen that. Then the car I got did not have a scraper in the glovebox... And there was frost on the INSIDE of the winshield also. That was also a first for me.

I was not going to walk back across that damn cold and windy parking lot again. I started the car and used one of my credit cards to scrape the inside as it was thawing.

I think it was also the same trip in Winnipeg (might have been Calgary) that the streets were not really scraped of snow. You just kind of drove in the deep ruts that were there.

I still remember that stuff. You guys can have it, LOL. Too much for me!
  9. Ojibway Bob

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    73ß
    Its all good Soul....Up here in Canada people I feel know more about American history sadly then our own. Unfortunately for us our government run Television station has horrible broadcasting choices for the most part. We are saturated by American media that we are well versed (my feelings from talking to different walks of life) in the going ons in the US.
    I cant give people crap for not visiting their neighbours whether it be north,south,east, or west because my Fav team is Da Bears and has been since I jumped that bandwagon over 25 years ago and I still have not visited that Beautiful looking city.
    At least us Torontonians can be proud that our Mayor(Bears fan both him and his Brother) made us a major media feeding frenzy as of late. And rumor has it his rehab was to take place in Chicago
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,855 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,561ß
    Well this helps Bill. Now I can at least visualize it a little better. I guess if Izzy moved there when he was only 4 he had no choice but to stay. I'm glad they're giving him some recognition though. I think they guy is a real classy human being.
  11. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,855 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,561ß
    Sissy! :rofl2:

Actually I don't blame you. I spent enough years in the land of block heaters and ice fishing shanty's to know I don't want to spend winters there any more. Summers are great but I don't bowl, snowmobile, hunt or ice fish so that leaves very little left to do once the leaves fall and the snow flies. At least out here the snow is very useful for skiing and it stays mostly in the mountains. Denver itself doesn't get anywhere near as much.
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    782ß
    Actually, that sounds like Central Illinois......especially this past winter. Then it's hotter than the blue blazes in the summer. Regarding Canada, I've always liked British Columbia (especially Vancouver Island), and a few summers ago our family rented an old farmhouse on the coast of Prince Edward Island. Both islands were a heck of a lot more pleasant than here in Illinois. The fishing was better too :-)
  13. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,855 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,561ß
    Yeah but Illinois has three islands; Rock Island, Blue Island and Stony Island, how can you beat that combination. :bah:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    766ß
    Hey, when my balls are trying to crawl up my ass for warmth, I'm outta there!
  15. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,855 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,561ß
    When it gets THAT cold you won't need to worry about them anyway. They'll be inside you hiding out behind your dick telling you to screw the hand warmers. Go find a ball warmer.

:rofl2:
  16. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    766ß
    You can probably only get them in Winnipeg, and those damn Canadian ones would be too big.
  17. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    76ß

Having vacationed on both islands, I concur.