If Corn Wash gets cut at some point this preseason...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 14, 2014.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    ..are the mods going to have to put David L. on suicide watch? You know, just take away his belt and his shoe strings, and put him in a padded room until the season actually begins? It breaks my heart to see the "Corn Wash" thread starting back up again....poor guy...: _ (
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    I say we keep him. It's going to be a long time before we can find a player with a better handle than "Cornwash"
  3. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    Meh, my main concern is for David L's health and well-being. His engaging nickname notwithstanding, "CornWash" is on his own, haha!
  4. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    Well, I hope hope he doesn't "wash" out.
    Your devoted concern for your fellow man is admirable, by the way...
  5. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    Yeah, I kinda have as soft spot in my heart for David L. He really went "ALL IN" on Cornwash, and I admire that level of passion and dedication. Kinda reminds me of how obsessed I was with Shane Matthews back when he was our QB!
  6. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,044 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,273ß
    DavidL's love affair with CornWash reminds me of Nerrad's obsession with Kyle Orton

Lol
  7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    [​IMG]

Send him this. Shoelaces can break and belt may not fit over his head. Washington is history.
  8. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    yeah... yeah... the cherry tree and can never tell a lie... we know....
  9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,539 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    540ß
    Or Halpert's with Chad Pennington....no wait
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +704 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    316ß
    This thread is a little too Corny for my taste. I'm Washing my hands of this.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    That is SOOO Stupid... I wish I'd have said it...
  12. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +704 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    952ß
    Thanks for the concern. The worst part of it will be that I don't have a new Bear in mind to adopt. I haven't decided yet whether to adopt a current Bear or one of the old Bears. Unfortunately, most of my favorite old-timers are already adopted by somebody. Maybe I will go without an adopted Bear this season. It's a dilemma.
  13. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    These are the times that try mens souls...
    • Like Like x 2
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,651 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,149ß
    If he is to make the team we probably need to see something special out of him tonight. The bubble players have a HUGE game tonight. Any bubble player who sucks tonight is probably not going to make the roster. The starters will play a lot in the 3rd game and that 4th preseason game is probably too late to turn it on. Tonight some players will grab the opportunity of a lifetime. Others will crap the bed.

I'm pretty excited about this game.......I want to see which players grab this opportunity to become Chicago Bears this season.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +690 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    394ß
    He's not showing me anything that gives me hope. Do you really want this guy just because they drafted him? If he doesn't rip heads off tonight I just don't see it.
  16. DavidL

Ratings:
    +704 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    952ß
    CornWash played well tonight. I am sure he will grade out better than Bass or Lane. He was consistently getting good penetration into the backfield, and made some tackles. Broke up a run. Got another tackle on kick coverage. I thought he might get the sack on that next-to-last play of the game, but the QB got the pass off just in time.
  17. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    If you blinked you missed it. He had one, count 'em one, good tackle on a KOR and that was it. On the first play of his first series he never read run and ran right passed the ball carrier. Never even saw him. He didn't bring much pressure rushing and never even got close to a sack. On plays to the opposite side of the formation he doesn't pursue. He loafs.

Basically the kid has huge potential yet never uses it. If he's unblocked he'll make a play like he did on the KOR but if he is blocked forget it. He can't use his speed because he can't disengage and he has no pass rush moves at all save just a speed rush that even a third tier LT handled with ease. I made a point to watch him tonight and he's got nothing but size without strength and speed he can't use.

If they haven't been able to get him higher on the depth chart than this by now he's a bust and they need to let him go. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
  18. Warlock

Warlock Veteran

Ratings:
    +158 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    75ß
    I actually saw him drive his blocker into the backfield a few times. One time he forced the QB to roll away from him and it led to the other DE forcing a poor decision out of the QB. The screen play was bad, but it was well executed and CornWash was 3 yards upfield when the back slipped past him underneath.

I played DE in JuCo and have coached the position at the HS level, he stood out at times against the Jags.... granted he was facing 3rd stringers and I didn't watch him specifically... he may very well have been loafing on plays away from him, but he had a handful of plays where I noticed him making an impact (without specifically watching him). Without watching the game tape or knowing his responsibilities in the scheme/play, I can't really tell you if he did well overall... I can only tell you that he caught my eye (in a good way) at times.
  19. DavidL

Ratings:
    +704 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    952ß
    If you made it a point to watch him, you were not watching very closely. I am satisfied with his performance overall. He was in the backfield multiple times. If you have the game on tape, watch the 4Q again. He had better penetration than anybody. He was only a step away from the QB on the play before the final interception. On another penetration, he slowed the runner enough to blow up the play. On another, he penetrated and had a solo tackle for loss. Check the box score if you don't believe me. And then compare to Bass. Bass was the guy who did practically nothing last night.

I said the goal is to outperform Bass in the final three preseason games. So far, it is one accomplished and two to go. Looks like Tarzan, and played better than Jane. But still a work in progress.

I do agree that he needs to pursue full speed on plays to other side of field. I hope somebody kicks him in the butt on that. I sent him a Tweet.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  20. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    Cornwash was not invisible this game, but I'm not sure there was enough there to save his job. I love an underdog, and I'm just not sure how this will all shake out. I thought he had a few good plays also. Guess we'll know soon enough.