If I see Mel Tucker face to face....

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Ski-Whiz, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    That should actually increase his effectiveness.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    300ß
    Tucker is a fucking clown. Let's stop making excuses for him. After Washington and St. Louis (two of the most inept defensive performances in recent Bears history) he's out of get-out-of-jail-free passes. I want him GONE yesterday.

In stupid Bears tradition, he will undoubtedly be kept on for far too long.
  3. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    I expect him to be here another year then gone (assuming he is as inept with additional talent as he is now). However, I am kind of interested in Emery's reaction to this. I'm kind of thinking that it may be Trestman to make the call though as the Bears typically give coaching changes to the HC to decide. However, if Emery moves him at the end of the year, he will definitely show me he is no nonsense and does not want to let a precious year go by when he could be making improvements.

A guy can dream...
  4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    Okay, but with 5 rookies playing a big part of our defense, and everyone admitting that McClellin, Conte and Wright are trash, at what point can we just say, that maybe, just MAYBE a lot of these gap screw ups are to blame on wildly inexperienced/horrible players?
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    300ß
    I have no idea of how this works behind the scenes in the real world.
    But, if I'm Emery (and I could see him doing this), I say the following in january to Trestman:
    "Marc, either you fire him or I will. You have 24 hours. Up to you."
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß

Nothing wrong with that argument but just for fun how do you think the current O would be under Tice since you know he had poop on the O-line. A great part of this comes down to coaching or lack thereof.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    Henry:

They are. I mean this is not a one-dimensional issue. On the other hand, why are the same things happening week in and week out? The Rams are not a powerhouse. As a matter of fact, they have a losing record. We have made the last 4 RBs that played the Bears look like they belong in the HoF. There have been guys that have been put in many weeks ago. No progress to speak of.

Yes, the players are a part, but yes, Tucker is also a part. I am just not willing to wait as long as I was before. I now am very intolerant towards mediocrity, and that is at best what Tucker gives us. Just my opinion, but that's what I think. That and a dollar will buy you a coffee, but not at Starbucks....
    • Like Like x 2
  8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    300ß
    It's funny...Bellichick makes hay out of a bunch of UDFAs and late-round rookies on O. Lost Wilfork, Mayo, and Talib (temp) on D too. Thing is...good coaches make garbage look decent and make good talent look great. Bad coaches merely further expose personnel flaws all the more. Tucker is the latter.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    Exactly...
  10. short faced bear

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    Yep. The coaches you want can do "the most w/the least". Inherit a top 5, keep the terminology, and even with injuries you shouldn't get posterized week after week. I feared this would happen- a polar opposite-a good O with a crappy D. Formerly a crappy O with a good D.

-I just hope Emery has the objectivity to see these things and not wait several seasons to make a change.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    Tice's offense didn't suffer the number of injuries, and the severity of injuries that Tucker's defense has. Add to that, the fact that the entire offense noticeably regressed last year.

I agree that this isn't a one dimensional issue, however, there are some things people are overlooking:

We're not even on our 2nd string DT's anymore
    Our crappy safeties are playing deeper than they normally would, which aids in sweep and pitch runs
    McClellin can't contain worth a ****, and at least one of those runs was due to him buying on a fake
    Our rookie LB's are playing better than they did in their first game
    Bass is playing much better than he did earlier in the season.

Now, you mention that the guys that were put in weeks ago aren't progressing, but do you you really think Leonard Cohen, Major Rite and Chris Conte would progress under great coaches? Not all young guys "get it" at any point in their rookie year, but each of the rookies have shown a little bit more than the veteran holdovers we have.
  12. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    300ß
    For the 748th time:

The defense sucked from the very start even before the injury parade reached critical mass.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. short faced bear

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    And if they did would the excuse machine roll out as much for him? There isn't much excuse for lack of fundamentals, gap integrity, and landmark reads. I think we're 5-8 spots better if healthy but that is still sad in inheriting a top 5 defense and just getting freaking POSTERIZED week in and out with the freaking run.

Enough already.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    These are arguments that can go back and forth forever. There are always points (valid ones) that can be made on both sides of the discussion. We will have additional data to look at next year. He will be here again and will once again have a healthy crew to start with. If his new healthy crew sucks just as bad as his old crew (that have been in this D for years and were extremely well respected and effective), then I would say that many of these points that are being made will no longer be able to provide any cover.

Of course, the flip side is that he gets a new group, installs a brand new D of his own and moves into the top 5 D (very similar to what Trestman did). I just don't see it. At this point, I am not going to be convinced and neither are you, so we wait and see. The only thing we can do anyway...
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    Okay, inheriting how? Briggs, Urlacher, Peanut, Melton and Nick Roach (who was a hell of a lot better at calling defensive plays on the field than Briggs) are all either gone, or have missed the majority of the season. If anything, he inherited part of a top 5 defense. To add to that, we have a rookie linebacker calling the plays this year, whereas we had Brian Urlacher calling the plays on the field last year.
  16. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    Exactly... Again
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    Fair enough. Also, if he DOES get fired after the end of the year, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.
  18. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    I might. I may drink all night.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    We might do better if we didn't have Defense on the field would give the O more chances.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    Earlier in the season, you could say just the opposite.