If I see Mel Tucker face to face....

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Ski-Whiz, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That should actually increase his effectiveness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,730 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    786ß
    Tucker is a fucking clown. Let's stop making excuses for him. After Washington and St. Louis (two of the most inept defensive performances in recent Bears history) he's out of get-out-of-jail-free passes. I want him GONE yesterday.

In stupid Bears tradition, he will undoubtedly be kept on for far too long.

3. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    I expect him to be here another year then gone (assuming he is as inept with additional talent as he is now). However, I am kind of interested in Emery's reaction to this. I'm kind of thinking that it may be Trestman to make the call though as the Bears typically give coaching changes to the HC to decide. However, if Emery moves him at the end of the year, he will definitely show me he is no nonsense and does not want to let a precious year go by when he could be making improvements.

A guy can dream...

4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,764 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    873ß
    Okay, but with 5 rookies playing a big part of our defense, and everyone admitting that McClellin, Conte and Wright are trash, at what point can we just say, that maybe, just MAYBE a lot of these gap screw ups are to blame on wildly inexperienced/horrible players?

5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,730 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    786ß
    I have no idea of how this works behind the scenes in the real world.
    But, if I'm Emery (and I could see him doing this), I say the following in january to Trestman:
    "Marc, either you fire him or I will. You have 24 hours. Up to you."

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,521 / 0 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    642ß

Nothing wrong with that argument but just for fun how do you think the current O would be under Tice since you know he had poop on the O-line. A great part of this comes down to coaching or lack thereof.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Henry:

They are. I mean this is not a one-dimensional issue. On the other hand, why are the same things happening week in and week out? The Rams are not a powerhouse. As a matter of fact, they have a losing record. We have made the last 4 RBs that played the Bears look like they belong in the HoF. There have been guys that have been put in many weeks ago. No progress to speak of.

Yes, the players are a part, but yes, Tucker is also a part. I am just not willing to wait as long as I was before. I now am very intolerant towards mediocrity, and that is at best what Tucker gives us. Just my opinion, but that's what I think. That and a dollar will buy you a coffee, but not at Starbucks....

• Like Like x 2
  8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,730 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    786ß
    It's funny...Bellichick makes hay out of a bunch of UDFAs and late-round rookies on O. Lost Wilfork, Mayo, and Talib (temp) on D too. Thing is...good coaches make garbage look decent and make good talent look great. Bad coaches merely further expose personnel flaws all the more. Tucker is the latter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Exactly...

10. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,521 / 0 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    642ß
    Yep. The coaches you want can do "the most w/the least". Inherit a top 5, keep the terminology, and even with injuries you shouldn't get posterized week after week. I feared this would happen- a polar opposite-a good O with a crappy D. Formerly a crappy O with a good D.

-I just hope Emery has the objectivity to see these things and not wait several seasons to make a change.

• Like Like x 1