If Jay is at his ceiling, is this good enough, or should we be looking for better?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Adibear

Adibear
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    have to agree with you Tarkus,it did seem like all the luck was with us,untill the Superbowl when it ran out...I still remember the Cards game when Grossman was so shit it was unbelievable and we still won.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Painful memories, eh?

That Card game, while I loved every second at the end, left me with a bad feeling like I stole something...

3. jbunch14

jbunch14
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    223ß
    Do you honestly believe that Tajh Boyd is more talented than Cutler? Really? Derek Carr? Cutler did win at the college level, and of the games that they didn't win, very rarely were they not close. This while playing for the whipping boy of the SEC. I'm not stating that Cutler is a top-tier QB, but players like RG3 and Luck are more talented than Jay, not the list that you have compiled. It will be interesting to see the success that your list has in the next 3-4 years once they reach the NFL.

4. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance
    Expand Collapse

ßearz ßuckz:
    Apparently you've never watched either of those guys play. Carr and Boyd have far greater talent than Cutler and equally powerful arms and actually have a mind for the game. Those guys are going to be great QBs in this league. This '14 class is going to eclipse the '83 QB class. The Bears can do so much better than Cutler.

5. jbunch14

jbunch14
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    223ß
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree about the pedigree of this year's QB class. Every year there are player that shine in the college ranks, and rarely does that translate to the NFL.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    429ß
    I'm hoping he'll be around for awhile. His decision making is questionable at times BUT his decision making has to happen NOW in most cases cause if its not he's dead lol. I'm willing to give him a pass on a lot of mistakes because the clock in his head in stuck on fast forward and for good reason. IF you can show me bad decision making behind a line that allows time to make a read that isn't the first then we'll talk.

7. mdbearz

mdbearz
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    257ß
    There were calls for both Eli Manning and Joe Flacco to be benched or cut during some point during thier runs to the Superbowl.

I watch the Ravens as much as I watch the Bears, and I can promise you that a change in Offensive Coordinator, from Cam Cameron to Jim Caldwell set the Ravens back initially. The Ravens lost 4 of 5 to finish the season under Caldwell, but you could see the improvements in the offensive play calls and production on the offensive side of the ball.

As they headed into the playoffs, they were just starting to hit their stride and it resulted in Joe throwing for 11 TDs in the Postseason.

There is no way in hell do I think Jay has reached his ceiling. I'll eat my words if we do not see an improvement in both the offense and Jay Cutler by Mid Season.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,287ß
    Those are good points. Flacco and Manning did improve as players. Now let's see if Cutler can do the same. We'll know by the end of this season.