If we had an opportunity to sign OT Jonathan Martin cheap, should we do that?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 14, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,181ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,699ß
    stop , he was hardly bullied he was teased and in no harsher of a way then most men tease their closest friends. And he's an adult, and a person that has played a mans game since he was a child, this was hardly the first time he ever was part of this, and no doubt he took part in the teasing of other players.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Benjamin

Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,181ß
    Threatening to kill a man's family is no harsher than the way most men tease their friends?

Damn, I have been missing out on one of the best parts of friendship!

• Like Like x 5
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,747ß
    Ric, it's sure changed in our area. And workplaces who don't realize this are putting themselves in a risky situation financially. Times change. In my last two workplaces we had mandatory training seminars and told we will be fired if we harass coworkers (even off color jokes are a big no no now) - and this was driven by their insurance carriers. Harassment in the workplace is a BIG deal now. And if you are an employer, you'd better understand that it can be a huge deal financially. Again, it doesn't matter if we agree or disagree with this. That's irrelevant. It's just "the way it is" and reality today. The NFL is no different. They are gradually learning this fact.

#14 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,599ß
    Bullying has nothing to do with being "PC." There is ZERO excuse to bully another person, period.

• Like Like x 4
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,699ß
    HE WAS NOT BULLIED, the fact that the PC world is trying to equate this as bullying is laughable at best

7. The Benjamin

Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,181ß
    What is your definition of bullying?

From dictionary.com

n. noun
    1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.

2. A hired ruffian; a thug.

3. A pimp.
    v. verb
    1. To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner.

2. To make (one's way) aggressively.

3. To behave like a bully.

8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,599ß
    Yes, the 144 page report is completely laughable.

• Like Like x 1
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,699ß
    In the mulitplpe areas I've worked, some high end(mortgage companies) recently(I'll be 40 this year) are like this. Talking heads want you to think times are changing but they aren't. I don't work in a white male only workforce, everywhere I've worked it's been multi cultural, mutlie deminsional and all have been the same, very loose and relaxed.

Harassment could be FAR larger then it actually is, and there is a reason for that. And this is not a typical job we are talking about, this is a workforce that s largely backing the "bully" and not just in their locker room, but in multiple locker rooms.

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,747ß
    I guess my point is Ric, that it is a PC world now. I'm not saying it is right or wrong how things are changing. It's just the way it is. I do believe Incognito is a mental-midget mind in a big body who bullied teammates. I figure that is wrong. But whether I agree with it all or not, it is a PC world and you can't do it in the workplace without risking serious consequences. And FWIW, we have had harassment suits brought in my workplaces. In Illinois it is no laughing matter to businesses. If you condone it, bad things happen :) In this particular case, I doubt if Incognito will ever work in his profession again at the NFL level. Maybe in an arena league or something like that. But otherwise, his nice NFL career just got flushed down the crapper. It doesn't matter if he agrees with this or not. It doesn't matter if we do either. It's just the way it is now.

#20 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014