If we had an opportunity to sign OT Jonathan Martin cheap, should we do that?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 14, 2014.

1. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    918ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Hell Id bring both of em in for a look see. Whats to lose ?

2. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,360ß
    Have you read what he said? If that's your idea of a your momma joke...well...let's just say if you were my "friend" I'd have knocked you on your ass. Martin himself said in the report that he was beside himself for not standing up to incognito and the others but he did not feel it was an option. It's an interesting psychological case study really.

You don't become an all American and a starter in the nfl by being a puss. He's tougher than you and me simply for what he put his body through.

3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    918ß
    Good points Butkus,

Now how do we sign em both on DA BEARS for minimum ?

4. 4th and 26

4th and 26
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,014ß
    Call it a learning experience in an environment I was not that familiar with. Nobody wants to go through harassment at work but what it taught me now is that I can defend myself much better than when I was in my 20's and that reading the employee handbook comes in handy at my age now. You call my house and threaten me be prepared to hear from my lawyer. I will go after you or my place of employment if this continues. I have earned respect with most of the co-workers yet I had to deal with this asshole at my current workplace who was a bully/supervisor. I had several incidents with him and I stood my ground when he started yelling at me. I got right back in his face and yelled back and I also told him you chew me out again in front of co-workers I will take this up with the owner of the company. It is amazing how much this asshole stayed away from me. I also document incidents when I see them. The best part about this guy was he worked himself out of a job.

5. 4th and 26

4th and 26
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,014ß
    When his name is Cedric Benson

6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    you and I are not friends, you and I are not NFL football players, you and I are not alpha males at the top of our physical prowess making millions of dollars to play a mans game. I have read some of what he said, I never said he wasn't a PoS, I agreed w/you on that. What I said was it wasn't bullying and that Martin was a bitch that quit on his team b/c he couldn't handle the BS that Richie was throwing at him. I have said some vulgar things, and had some pretty equally vulgar things said, by the closest of friends, if you cannot take a joke, then we wouldn't be friends w/me or the people I hang out with anyways. Thick hides are a requirement not a luxury. But we are always there for eachother we all love eachother.

And if Martin had knocked Richie on his ass like you are claiming you would have me(laughable), this wouldn't have continued for 2 years and Martin would be a better more physical OT, and not a J-Webb nation wanna be quitter.

7. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    692ß
    I have my own opinions on this matter, but I'll sum them up this way. I believe Incognito and his cohorts went too far in their hyper machismo behavior. However, I believe Martin should have been able to stand up as the massive man he is and handle it himself, and if he couldn't, then go to his coach and handle it in house. His lack of mental toughness for an offensive lineman is a bit surprising to me.

When you read Incognitos comments, they are shocking, however, if you don't think that kind of language still doesnt occur in highly demanding, physically challenging and primarily male blue collar teams, then youre crazy. Go out and joind a patrol in Afgahnistan, join a railroad construction crew for a day, spend a day with a road construction crew. Just sayin.

• Like Like x 6
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    Again 3 others were also being "bullied" only Martin felt the need to take it public and quit on the team.

I'm not defending the shitty person that Incognito is, but he wasn't bullying him, he took this to far, but a NFL standford educated LT should be capable of handling all this better then he did;.aThe fact that even the investigator called his findings hard to truly know the truth about b/c of their conplex relationship tells me that it wasn't 2 straight years of hell for Martin.

IMO Martin is another JWebb, he's got the physical tools, but is mentally weak, and unwilling to fight which will not cut it in the NFL.

9. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    257ß
    If I were managing a squad, I'd blackball both him and Incognito. I don't care for the baggage with either.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    918ß
    How soon can we hire both of them ? This is money in the bank for ratings.