I'm really getting sick of Urlacher.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 4dabers, Mar 6, 2014.

1. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    613ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I love the guy for all he did here, and I know some of you are upset with the way his departure went down; I don't necessarily agree with you on that, but I certainly respect your opinions. However, now he's pulling this loyalty Bullshit. I'm really developing an attitude with his attitude.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4690831/urlacher-on-hester-loyalty-not-there

Here's a newsflash for you Brian, we all have favorite players, but that's usually because they play on our favorite teams. Ya wanna know what we want our favorite teams to do Brian? WIN!!! Wanna know something else? Players; like us fans, get old; and until that time, players try to get as much money as they can while they are in their prime, even if it prevents their team from getting other good players to help them...wait for it...WIN!!! There is still loyalty between teams and players, I'm sure, but there is also that whole bottom line with winning thing and making as much money to "take care of your family" thing, right? I really don't see players showing any more loyalty than teams do Brian. let's see, how many freakin Millions did you make from all the jerseys hanging in our closets? How about the contract extension for several million that Angelo gave you to keep you happy when you still had three years left on your first extension.

You're really turning into a little bitch! You think things look so rosy with your butt buddy Lovie down in TB, then go down there and join him in the losing he's going to do down there too. If he wants to keep picking up old Bears to play down there, then he'll get caught in one of the same traps he had up here; giving guys far too much rope and letting them play far beyond they were capable of playing.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    75ß
    Agreed........Urlacherher needs to shut the hell up, the nfl is still a business and if anybody should know this its him. .

3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    809ß
    Yeah, I don't mind hearing the line that the NFL is just a business but if I hear that old line "I gotta feed my family" by a longtime vet...:14_6_12[1]:

4. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,233ß
    The problem is I feel Lovie's players aren't playing loyal to Trestman. I think they are still bitter from Lovie being fired.

So I can see Trestman making a statement of me or the highway.... That's the only logical explanation.

5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,912ß
    That wasnt that bad for Urlacher, just stating it would be nice if....

6. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,029ß
    A FRIGGEN MEN!!!

7. Passepartout

Passepartout Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    He gets paid to talk. He is doing his job. That is what they are paid to do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    613ß
    Let me just say, my rant on Urlacher should not be construed as any disrespect to Devin Hester. I DO think there is still loyalty and I think the loyalty played itself out last year by allowing him to play out his contract (I think he got $3Mill last year, not sure) as just a returner. When Devin threw a little fit after Lovie left, he spoke about retiring at that point, but he wanted to come back and the new regime let him, even though they could have really used that cap space.

Devin gave us all a helluva lot of joy as fans, and he happened to play at a time when my son was young and all through his growing up. Devin provided a lot of father-son celebrations, not the least of which was that game winning run in the Cardinals game in 2006. That was a night game and it was getting late. My son was young (about 9 years old) and it was getting to be past his bed time. My wife and I let him stay up to watch the finish and we're so glad we did. It's literally a memory we will always have along with so many others (Giants short field goal, Superbowl, etc.). So to Devin, we thank you for all the great times and the lifetime memories; many of which rank right up there with watching some of the other Chicago Bear greats like Walter Payton, Dick Butkus, Gayle Sayers; but age catches up to all of us and there is no way around it. It dosen't have a damn thing to do with loyalty; it has everything to do with reality.

• Like Like x 4
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,770ß
    I'm just trying not to get too worked up with the things Urlacher says right now. I want to remember all the good stuff he did for our team. Hopefully, with time, he will adjust to life after the NFL. I hope he doesn't do the Gale Sayers thing and become a bitter old man. I wish the end of his career had been different, but we can't change that now. It's over. Life goes on. I do have a lot of great memories of him though. I wish him the best.

10. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    613ß
    I agree with you, especially the bold. I, however, am having a more difficult time with his snarky attitude. I really do think you are just a better person than me 99. Maybe its that law enforcement (if I remember correctly) patience that you have. The older I get, the less patience I have; I should try to work on that.:)