I'm really getting sick of Urlacher.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 4dabers, Mar 6, 2014.

1. sewerbear

sewerbear Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Hey Brian suck on this, the bears are going younger!!!!!

DE KONY EALY
    MISSOURI

S JIMMIE WARD
    NORTHERN ILLINOIS

ILB SHAYNE SKOV
    STANFORD

DT CARAUN REID
    PRINCETON

DE KAREEM MARTIN
    NORTH CAROLINA

CB PHILLIP GAINES
    RICE

TE CROCKETT GILMORE
    COLORADO STATE
  2. butkus3595

butkus3595 Veteran

Ratings:
    +385 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    JABF, I couldn't agree more. All this hand wringing about resigning this guy or resigning that guy. Listen, the job is to win. If these guys don't win, they'll get fired. It's been a long time since this team was in the playoffs, you either start to do things differently, or you do them the same and get the same results. It seems like you all want everybody resigned regardless of what it costs, cause ya know...they were Bears, and they had a good career, or after a career of mediocrity they came in and did well for us in relief. I don't really care how the from office goes about their business as long as the result is a winner. They could cut every damn player for all I care if at the end of it we're in the playoffs and hopefully raising a trophy. Sorry...I know this is an extreme response...but it's been building up in me. As a fan I have favorite players, and I'm always sad to see them go...but damn it I root for THE BEARS, not the Urlachers or the Hesters or the Tillmans...but THE BEARS!

Sorry for the rant...but I feel a little better.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    129ß
    No way we're going D in the first six rounds.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +638 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    Soul, I know how you feel about Urlacher and the way he was "treated", and like I said previously; while I may not agree with it, I respect it. I could go through your two posts here and respond to each comment, but lets just say we tend to disagree on this topic.
    Instead, I'll boil this down to the paragraph above.
    1. You are right, Urlacher has never really cared about the whole politically correct thing regarding what he says and I DO NOT expect anything different now, which is why I am pissed about his comment (which I believe is hypocritical). It's just one more nail in the coffin so to speak. He has said several things that have kinda ticked me off, both before and after he retired. It's not just one comment; my irritation with him has been cumulative. It's clear to me that he's never given two shits about the fans even though WE are the ones that pay for everything. He's said on more than one occasion he doesn't care about the fans, and that's fine, I couldn't care less, but then don't expect the fans to care about you (oh but he DOES want that). Hell, he doesn't even give autographs unless he's paid for them. ironically, some of these comments aren't even about political correctness, it's about a lack of Loyalty that he himself is crying about. The fans of Chicago used to GUSH over this guy, he was a king in the city, the stands were filled with "54" jerseys every Sunday, yet he doesn't care about what the fans think and now he claims the Bears aren't being LOYAL to his old friends. Loyalty is a lot like respect, if you wanna get it, then you also have to give it.

Which gets to the last sentence. NO, I really don't think he cares, not one damn bit, never has. The one thing he should keep in mind though; while he is getting paid to talk about things now, there is no reason why he can't do so in a respectful manner. In my opinion, little jabs like this make him look shallow and bitter, and because of his position, everything he says is magnified far more than most people. While he certainly has the right to be open and honest and say what he really thinks...so do I.
  5. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +485 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    57ß
    Agreed. And in my opinion, BU is being extremely short-sighted with his attitude. Look at guys like Da Coach, Danimal, McMichael. They are making TV commercials, have business interests and making appearances all over chicagoland 25 years later. Any chance BU gets that kind of attention with his attitude? Heck no. Honestly, I hope I never see another comcast commercial from him again. Or any kind of commercial. Attend an event with him? Only if HE pays ME for MY autograph. And I saw that attitude in action many times at training camp over the years.
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    You sure see a different side to the players at camp.....both good and bad. You see some very classy players interact with the fans, and some avoid them like a pile of dog poop.

Some of the classy players keep that humble attitude even when they become top-tier talents. Others ride those chauffeured golf carts at warp speed to not have to sign the kids autographs. I always (for years now) found it very interesting to see.
  7. The Newsman

The Newsman Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    376ß
    I'm not surprised. Look at Joe Montana. Look at Jerry Rice. Look at Reggie White.

The only issue I have, is they are just letting him go. Sign him, then maybe trade him.:3_12_22[1]:
  8. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +443 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    Well how many more old players have to be released before we have to stop hearing from this dumb ass. Can't he move to Tampa? Then he could shove his head up Lovie's ass everyday he would be so happy and we wouldn't have to hear from him again. I'm so thankful Bears are no longer retiring numbers.
  9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    How many teammates of Urlacher are still on the team?
  10. Dunt

Dunt Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    He's paid to be objective, not a fucking scorned child.
    • Like Like x 1