Interesting Interview with Brian Urlacher (video).............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Brian talks about his contract negotiations, the reasons behind his retirement and how he'd like for his career to be looked upon. It's length (over 7 minutes) and very thorough. I think you'll all appreciate his comments and his honesty. He comes across very well.

Can't post video but here's the link. IMHO it's worth watching.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/brian-urlacher-negotiations-bears-mad-110000890.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    Uh soul, not trying to pick a fight with you here, but Urlacher's made way too many negative comments since the end of the season for anyone to "appreciate" his honesty.

• Like Like x 5
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,796 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,852ß
    I agree with Burris. He made too many honest comments in the past to really care what honest comments he made now.

But, I listened to the interview anyway. There is nothing new. More of his talk about how the Bears disrespected him with their offer. The time line for when everything too place. All stories and lines we have heard before.

But I will call him a liar. Paraphrased he said "I would have played for their offer if they told me that's all they had for me" to that I call bullshit. By sticking with their $2 offer that is EXACTLY what they were saying. I know he has suffered a concussion or two but it was spelled out quite plainly.

Also kinda double talks. I didn't want to play for anyone else..... But if someone would have paid me....

He retired due to lack of desire to play and lack of interest from other teams (none).

But anyway, the video may be new, didn't check the date stamp, but the news is old.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,407 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,899ß
    :7_11_4[1]::10_14_2[1]::3_8_12v[1]:

5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LMAO the Bears were supposed to beg him to stay,... LMAO

• Like Like x 4
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

ya forgot one ;),.... allow me to FINISH that
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    You know what I find both amusing and sad. You all would rather believe what was written about this stuff and quotes that were taken out of context than to listen to the man in his own words with all of their inflections and emotions attached to them. If you prefer those words laundered through some fucking sportswriter's head and interpreted for you to hearing it straight from the horses mouth it's pretty sad.

That was as honest and as accurate as it gets but if you choose remain prejudiced because of what you READ then you'll probably close your ears and your mind to the real story from one of the principals won't you? And isn't that exactly what you're doing here with these responses? It's just typical "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up". You guys are wayyyyyy too much like my ex-wife.

Sorry I bothered you with some facts. Just ignore this and go back to grazing like the sheep you all are following your shepherds from the Trib and Sun Times sports departments. Baaaaaaa Baaaaaaa

8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,796 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,852ß
    We heard his words before Soul. Not the reporters interpretation of them. The same words from his mouth.

This is just him saying the same thing

• Like Like x 4
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,407 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,899ß
    all the baaaa'ing is coming from the one guy that will only listen to one source, and not the other side.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Urlacher is tarnishing his legacy with these comments. During his career he hated to talk to the media. Now, you cannot stop him.

• Like Like x 3