Interesting Interview with Brian Urlacher (video).............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    316ß
    If I recall correctly, even after getting publicly bashed, Emery "kind of" kept the door open for Urlacher with his comments, but Urlacher didn't want to make amends and continued to burn that bridge. Buddy, if that's the only bridge out of town, you might wanna drop the matches.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    576ß
    Brian Urlachers biggest problem was he was douche. Great player, HoF player, but a complete jag when he opened his mouth.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. blinddeafmute

blinddeafmute DaBears Ditka

Ratings:
    +1,405 / 4 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    32ß
    What is this, souls 5th or 6th swan song? ...

Yawn.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    576ß
    Soul had some of the best post game takes, then it became nothing but goodell sucks, ex denver players and coaches are the best, emery sucks, BU is the greatest thing ever, the Bears cannot be good w/out BU, BU got screwed, BU should still be here, BU, BU, BU, BU, BU......
    :3_8_14[1]:
    To quote Smokin Jay Cuter, I don't care. We have a good stop gap for one year, and should have a pretty good replacement next year.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,067 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    327ß
    One of the best things about this messageboard is that it is a good mix of knowledgeable posters. We all seem to have a wide range of views here, but we seem to keep it amazingly civil for a messageboard. FWIW, I really respect Soul taking a break from the MB when he's getting a bit steamed over a topic. I've taken a few "sabbaticals" from here too. I just think it's a good way to handle it.

I can't fault Soul for being loyal to a Bears player he likes. There are worse things. And when he's away from the MB, I do miss his posts here. He adds to some very lively discussions. Sometimes I agree with him, and sometimes I don't......but I always appreciate reading his posts regardless.
    • Like Like x 5
  6. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    576ß
    I love when soul takes sabaticals also.

this board has a wonderfull mix of knowledgable posters and different opinons, and they are all capable of being civil, if not a bit on the childish side(points finger at himself). But it rarely gets hostile. It's why I post here and only here.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    and people call me a drama queeen
    • Like Like x 2
  8. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +632 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    519ß
    Agree. I am new on this board, but it's been fun. I like the members.

I like Urlacher -- on and off the field. The thing he said that I can relate to is "I knew I wasn't going to get better", He has a lot of pride, and I'm sure it hurt him every time he missed a tackle that he knew he would have made easily a few years ago. The game stops being fun as your performance declines. I started playing golf at age 18, and played regularly to age 64. I am now 66, and haven't touched a club in two years. I hurt my back and got to where I couldn't hit the ball well anymore. It stopped being fun. At least I didn't have to endure seeing my game deteriorate with a million people watching! I believe that is why Brian and Ray Lewis retired when they did.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,700 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    468ß
    Apparently there is more to this interview than that video.

Urlacher was upset that Cutler didn't reach out to him when he retired, mentioned players were upset when Orton was traded....

For a man who liked keeping things "in house" to avoid his locker room having to deal with this kind of BS, he is sure enjoying airing any and all dirty laundry he knows about now.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,235 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    Watched the video, here's my understanding of what Urlacher said:

1.Brian put forth an offer first, one that HE HIMSELF admits to being "too high." (so much for that "hometown discount," huh). But fine...whatever, its a negotiating tactic.

2.Bears counter with their offer (im assuming this is the 2M/1Yr deal). Brian is now offended, comes back with another offer (somewhere between 2M and his initial offer). Bears say no, their offer is the final offer.

3.Ok...now here is where we have a problem. Bears gave him a FAIR offer (seeing as how NO ONE signed him after), and Brian is the one offended to play for a year and retire as a Bear for 2M this year. THAT is on Brian, not on the Bears or Emery. IF 2M is "too low" for him, than he simply overvalued his worth.

4.Brian admits that the Bears "werent going to move off of that offer," so im still not seeing what the problem is. Emery put a value on Brian, and it was 2M. Then he claims "I wish they wouldve told me that." Umm...they did. Thats why its called AN OFFER. "Hey Brian, we want to pay you 2M for 1yr." "aww come on guys, i wish you wouldve told me that." "Ummm...we just did."

5."I was so mad at the way it was handled." Seriously? You JUST described a standard contract negotiation, and yet because they didnt coddle you and come groveling at your feet, you are mad at how it was handled? Whatever dude.

6."30 seconds after, they had a statement out saying i wasnt coming back." AND? They tried negotiating, gave you an offer, one YOU turned down, and you are shocked that they were prepared to move on? What? Are you an ex-girlfriend, and the Bears are expected to mourn your relationship for 3 months before moving on or something?

7."Ive never been a free agent before." I think THIS, more than anything, is telling of Urlacher. Because he has NEVER experienced FA, he was expecting his situation to be handled like it has so many times in the past, and is simply unaccustomed to dealing with how a FA is treated. Congrats Brian, now you know what it feels like to be a FA.

8."They didnt want me back, they were ready for it." Hold up now..2 different things here. If they didnt want you back, they wouldnt have given you an offer at all, because what if you had said YES? And second...just because they were "ready" to move on, does not mean they didnt want you back, it only means that Emery plans ahead, what a GOOD GM does. How does it make any sense that Emery would NOT be prepared and ready to replace an aging 13 year vet?

Ok, i stopped watching here...i can tell how this interview was going. Brian just whining and complaining still, trying to make Emery the bad guy, and Soulman slurping it up since it validates his own personal opinions on the matter.

Check out my sig for the NEXT Great Bears MLB:
    • Like Like x 4
  11. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,700 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    468ß
    Urlacher: Cutler is only teammate to not reach out to him
    BY DAN CAHILL September 12, 2013 2:28PM

[​IMG]
    Jay Cutler, Brian Urlacher
    Updated: September 12, 2013 5:00PM

Brian Urlacher won’t let go.

Sounds like the former Bears middle linebacker is still upset about the way he and his old team parted ways

In an interview with Yahoo’s Graham Bensinger, Urlacher said the Bears “didn’t want me back.” Urlacher cited that after the two sides failed to reach an agreement, the team sent out a release “30 seconds” after his agent got off the phone. “They knew,” he said.

Urlacher also took a shot at Jay Cutler, when he said the Bears quarterback is the only teammate that has not reached out to him after his retirement.

“Well, I did not hear from Jay, out of all the guys I played with, but that’s just – maybe we weren’t as close as, like you said as we could have been,” Urlacher told Bensinger. “That’s just the way to let you know where you stand with people.”

When asked about it at Halas Hall on Thursday, Cutler said: “I haven’t called him. I guess I’ll reach out to him.”

The “In Depth with Graham Bensinger” interview premieres Saturday on various networks.

email:dcahill@suntimes.com

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/foot...is-only-teammate-to-not-reach-out-to-him.html
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    316ß
    Cryin' Brian is upset that players aren't reaching out to him. Does it just MAYBE go with the notion that he's a bit of a ****? Didn't Urlacher have something negative to say about Jay in 2009, that somehow became public? If you've paid attention to him over time (and most of you have), especially with that Bas Rutten incident, you would HAVE to think that these are not isolated incidents, that these are signs of the type of person he is. Not to say he's a cancer in the locker room, necessarily, but that Jay wasn't upset helps paint the picture.

My advice: Dude, just shut the hell up. You've managed to piss EVERYONE from the GM to the fans off, worse than Brett Favre did(to the Packers), and all he went to a rival team. You wanna be back in everyone's good graces? Do NOT make any snarky comments about losses (who wants to take a bet on that one?), and hell, why don't you just wish them luck, rather than "I hope they don't win the Super Bowl"
  13. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Gotta love a good road map ;)

[​IMG]
  14. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,293 / 14 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    383ß
    Give him credit for that.

Like being condescending and letting everyone know that your opinion, and only your opinion, is based on facts. Everyone else are just idiots who haven't the mental ability to do anything but follow the herd like sheep and whose posts are "wastes of time" and resulting from your screwy brain? Or how about the general idea that you have facts, everyone else has opinions, and you're gonna quit contributing because their opinions don't match your version of the "facts"?

Yea... you're right. There ARE worse things than simply being loyal to a player.
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    316ß
    Oh, I'm crossing my fingers for what may come next, lol....
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +4,235 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    Problem with Soul and Brian is that they are reacting with their hearts, not their brains.
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    316ß
    Do tell
    • Like Like x 1
  18. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,067 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    327ß
    This whole Urlacher post-Bears drama will run it's course for awhile and then blow over. I'm just going to ride it out. All will be good.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +4,235 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    Yeah, once Bostic makes it to his first Pro-bowl
  20. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    186ß
    My opinion of Brian is that he is a stud player for the bears and one of my all time favorite players. I will always remember some of his greatest games and I will always cherish those moments but he has some negative memories of him too. I really don't care about his off field issues or how the bears and Brian ended their relationship but in due time both sides will back together and everything will be good in the end. This is a business and when a player reached a certain age or suffers injuries, tough decisions will be made and people will not like it anymore. The bottom line is, Brian didn't cry like a bitch for multiple years like a certain qb did for the packers.