Interesting Interview with Brian Urlacher (video).............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,341ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Urlacher: Cutler is only teammate to not reach out to him
    BY DAN CAHILL September 12, 2013 2:28PM

[​IMG]
    Jay Cutler, Brian Urlacher
    Updated: September 12, 2013 5:00PM

Brian Urlacher won’t let go.

Sounds like the former Bears middle linebacker is still upset about the way he and his old team parted ways

In an interview with Yahoo’s Graham Bensinger, Urlacher said the Bears “didn’t want me back.” Urlacher cited that after the two sides failed to reach an agreement, the team sent out a release “30 seconds” after his agent got off the phone. “They knew,” he said.

Urlacher also took a shot at Jay Cutler, when he said the Bears quarterback is the only teammate that has not reached out to him after his retirement.

“Well, I did not hear from Jay, out of all the guys I played with, but that’s just – maybe we weren’t as close as, like you said as we could have been,” Urlacher told Bensinger. “That’s just the way to let you know where you stand with people.”

When asked about it at Halas Hall on Thursday, Cutler said: “I haven’t called him. I guess I’ll reach out to him.”

The “In Depth with Graham Bensinger” interview premieres Saturday on various networks.

email:dcahill@suntimes.com

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/foot...is-only-teammate-to-not-reach-out-to-him.html

2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    Cryin' Brian is upset that players aren't reaching out to him. Does it just MAYBE go with the notion that he's a bit of a ****? Didn't Urlacher have something negative to say about Jay in 2009, that somehow became public? If you've paid attention to him over time (and most of you have), especially with that Bas Rutten incident, you would HAVE to think that these are not isolated incidents, that these are signs of the type of person he is. Not to say he's a cancer in the locker room, necessarily, but that Jay wasn't upset helps paint the picture.

My advice: Dude, just shut the hell up. You've managed to piss EVERYONE from the GM to the fans off, worse than Brett Favre did(to the Packers), and all he went to a rival team. You wanna be back in everyone's good graces? Do NOT make any snarky comments about losses (who wants to take a bet on that one?), and hell, why don't you just wish them luck, rather than "I hope they don't win the Super Bowl"

3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Gotta love a good road map ;)

[​IMG]

4. Loki

Loki
    Expand Collapse
    Assault Admin
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,762ß
    Give him credit for that.

Like being condescending and letting everyone know that your opinion, and only your opinion, is based on facts. Everyone else are just idiots who haven't the mental ability to do anything but follow the herd like sheep and whose posts are "wastes of time" and resulting from your screwy brain? Or how about the general idea that you have facts, everyone else has opinions, and you're gonna quit contributing because their opinions don't match your version of the "facts"?

Yea... you're right. There ARE worse things than simply being loyal to a player.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    Oh, I'm crossing my fingers for what may come next, lol....

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,273ß
    Problem with Soul and Brian is that they are reacting with their hearts, not their brains.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    Do tell

• Like Like x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,330ß
    This whole Urlacher post-Bears drama will run it's course for awhile and then blow over. I'm just going to ride it out. All will be good.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,273ß
    Yeah, once Bostic makes it to his first Pro-bowl

10. 4th and 26

4th and 26
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,023ß
    My opinion of Brian is that he is a stud player for the bears and one of my all time favorite players. I will always remember some of his greatest games and I will always cherish those moments but he has some negative memories of him too. I really don't care about his off field issues or how the bears and Brian ended their relationship but in due time both sides will back together and everything will be good in the end. This is a business and when a player reached a certain age or suffers injuries, tough decisions will be made and people will not like it anymore. The bottom line is, Brian didn't cry like a bitch for multiple years like a certain qb did for the packers.