Interesting read on CornWash: Why isn't he starting?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Nov 9, 2013.

1. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    James Harrison was on the way out of the league before he finally got the game plan and became D MVP

2. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    230ß
    Ratings:
    +429 / 0 / -0
    Wow, now he is James Harrison?
    He can't even make it on the field before they bring up a PS guy?
    Seems like we have another pool jumper. At least he was only drafted in the 6th.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,981ß
    Ratings:
    +2,832 / 7 / -9
    He was not comparing him to Harrison or saying he was him. All he did was use Harrison as an example as a player who (like CornWash) was struggling to get on the field because he could not "get it".

I agree, keep Corn Wash. He is a physical specimen that anyone would love. If he can ever figure out what the hell he is doing, he could be a beast.

4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    902ß
    Ratings:
    +2,768 / 8 / -10
    And the 5 picks before him netted starters. I can't understand the reaction to having "only 5" starters is a bad thing..

5. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    Ratings:
    +775 / 1 / -0
    Sounds like the kid lacks a little upstairs processing power.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    230ß
    Ratings:
    +429 / 0 / -0
    I never said he was a part of a bad draft, as a matter of fact, I did not expect a 6th rounder to start let alone a 5th rounder, but he was drafted and you would hope that he would provide depth for a team that has totally be crushed by injury.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    902ß
    Ratings:
    +2,768 / 8 / -10
    No, I was agreeing with ya. He's obviously not ready for the NFL if he hasn't been called up yet.

8. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,554ß
    Ratings:
    +812 / 7 / -26
    CornWash spent a lot of time at Georgia playing LB. The Bears recruited him as a pass rusher. He has great speed and power but lacks technique. It's that second move after initial contact with the blocker (rip, swim, spin) to get past him. That is what I noticed in preseason games. But once he gets clear, he gets to the QB very fast. He has a 4-yr. contract, so there's time to see if can learn technique to match his physical assets. If he ever does, he's got all-pro potential. If not, he's our next Alonzo Spellman -- a physical monster who never really got his shit together.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    Ratings:
    +400 / 1 / -0
    Well, if you go by his stats, he NEVER did manage to "put it all together" while at UGA. Honestly, kid just looks like a workout warrior to me. He has the combine stats and the "look", and that's about it. Those two articles kinda made me lose confidence in CornWash's ability to "finally put it all together/maximize his potential." Sorry, David. On a related note, I hear that Jeff George is still looking to "put it all together."

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    Ratings:
    +775 / 1 / -0
    Don't jinx the poor kid, but it did come to my mind when they were describing his physical appearance.