Is it or me or is the Offensive Line still a major worry?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JPosh2012, Aug 6, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I haven't heard except for maybe once that Slauson was playing bad, mostly I heard the Left side has looked fine, but that the right side was a problem. I personally never understood why they didn't try to put Slauson on the right side and Brow/Long on the left. That way you have a good mix of experience and youth spread throughout the line instead of all on one side.

2. JoeBlow

JoeBlow Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    When you take into account that the bears grade Webb much higher than fans do, he'll be fine on the right side.
    Coaches have been raving about the progress of Brown for almost a year now. If he's forcing himself into the rotation that's a beautiful thing.
    Long is RAWWWWWWWWWW and it's going to take him time to catch up. Best he does that in spot playing for now.
    Brittan could help a lot if he continues to look as good as he has.
    Can't expect a new bunch of guys to jell for awhile. Happy if it's by the end of this season.
    But it's all new and improved (on paper).
    Getting a solid left tackle is huge. Moving an adequate LT to RT is pretty dang big.

I'm excited to see what this new bunch can do as they get some games under their belt. (reg season games)

• Like Like x 1
  3. stonehouse91

stonehouse91 Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    It is a concern, we all wish it wasn't. It will be concern for the whole year. The Left side seems okay, the right side scares the hell out of me. James Brown isn't giving up his job without a fight and that makes me happy, but as JoeBlow said we can't have 5 guys who haven't played together expect to become all pro. We haven't had continuity at the OL in 3 years, Tice said it, Trestman said it, Kromar has said it, Garza, it just is difficult if you always have someone new lining up next to you. I expect them to name the starters for the opener within 10 days and just try and get them to gel.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    642ß
    Posh, what can be said that hasn't already been said...no, it's not just you.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    Just did a little search, b/c there isn't much bears news until later tonight. Gabe Carimi is.....

not going to be starting for TB, And.....

they are thinking he can play T and G, and.....

last training camp notes I could find had him not playing on the field at all....ya that's the guy some of you are crying over.

6. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    280ß
    Well hopefully we find out tonight that our O line will do just fine this year.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    Trestman said the starters won't be out there long, but i wonder of the OL gets extra work before they get pulled too.

8. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    I would hope so.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Trestman is teaching Cutler to get rid of the ball faster. He should have enough time to throw the ball.

10. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    Yes it is important to throw the ball faster but you still need a decent O-Line.