Is the Offensive Line Fixed?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by mdbearz, Oct 1, 2013.

1. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    We are 4 games into the season and I have not seen a thread on the O-line.

I really thought we would be a rock star on offense if we could get a decent O-line together.

2. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    Fixed? I don't think anything is ever fixed in the NFL, there is always room for improvement. But I understand what you're asking, and I would say yes. Emery has fixed our O-line. But they need more experience and development. and depth. and a center for next year, although Garza is much better than expected.

• Like Like x 1
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,697ß
    6 sacks in 4 games and 148 attempts? Ya I'd say they are doing alright. I saw that the team is using a lot of 2 TE sets, which is preventing a lot of 3 wr sets, so it appears that the OL might not be as great as it looks, but it's still a huge improvement.

Is the Offense fixed? Not yet. The scoreboard will tell you the O is scoring in the 30's and 40's, but a lot of that is still due to the D creating turn overs and the TD's.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,747ß
    They sure worked wonders with the OL. Next year the DL needs the facelift.

5. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    244ß
    Oline is almost there. A center next year and we're good for a few years. Long will eventually be a left tackle and we will be golden at the tackle position. The rest of the O is in a real learning curve. It will take Cutler a season to comprehend it in its entirety. We'll see flashes of brilliance and disasters. My only concern is can he get over the beating of the last few years and play fearless and with confidence.

• Like Like x 3
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,747ß
    As he gains confidence in his offensive line, that's going to help. I was thinking that when he reviews film of the Detroit game, he's going to see a lot of positives regarding the OL. For such a new/young OL, they did pretty darned well. Jay should get more confidence as this season moves forward & he's being kept about as upright as any NFL quarterback could hope for (everyone gets hit/sacked a bit.....even QB's with the best OL's).

• Like Like x 1
  7. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    804ß
    I don't care how wonderful Garza is playing this season he must be replaced next year. Also need depth. The last few years should serve as a forever example of what not to do. ALWAYS bring in some O line talent from somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr. Deliverance

ßearz ßuckz:
    +1

A whole lot of respect hasn't been shown for how good Sug & Fairley are.

• Like Like x 2
  9. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    In years past, we would have about 40 threads after 4 games (Ihonestly do not think that is much of a strech, 10 per game).
    I'm loving the silence! The line has come a LONG (pun intended) way from just last year.

10. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    721ß
    Well, they have been very good this season, especially by our standards.. of course, this is Roberto's last season..