It was fun to see a dirty uniform again!

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JoeBear, Nov 18, 2013.

1. JoeBear

JoeBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Only got to see parts of the Bears/Ravens game. While I am sure it was not fun for the fans in the stands who had to endure a terrible storm. It was fun to see an "old fashion mudder". When was the last time anyone saw uniforms full of mud? Haven't seen a player were you could not see his number in a long time.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,848 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    I'll be honest, I loved it!!!!!!
    I'm grateful we don't play in a stupid dome. I've sat through a number of games with horrific weather. It's part of football.

Gale Sayers scoring 1 of his 6 touchdowns against the 49ers, in a mudder game
    [​IMG]

This is his 4th of 6 TD's that day. It was a mud hole at Wrigley Field that day (they used to play at Wrigley, instead of Soldier Field)
    [​IMG]
  3. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    thats exactly what i was thinking about! love that all snowy/muddy games, sure looks like Football!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    It's a good thing the next two games are on the road because based on the look of the turf it could really use two weeks rest.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,848 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    In 3 weeks we host Dallas. I'd be okay if it was still a bit trashed for that game. Not a mess, but not perfect either for the "golden boys" who play in the country club stadium in Texas.
  6. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,162 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    I'm just surprised that Goodell didn't fine anyone for having dirty unis.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,240 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    136ß
    Holy crap, I thought we went to Dallas again. This has some serious potential for a victory here.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,240 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    136ß
    In regards to nasty football: "Bears Football" has more often than not, been a bad thing for our team in the past. Players slipping everywhere, and a couple of the games were painful to watch. The Bears, this past Sunday, played with the WORST wind conditions since our matchup against the 49ers in 2005:

Add to the horrible wind, it was as muddy as a game at soldier field gets, yet there were VERY FEW slips on the field, and Trestman's offense was actually able to move the ball very efficiently, whereas the Ravens were so scared about a bad punt on 4th and 8, that they thought the gamble of going for it was better. I can't even pretend to know how Trestman coached them up differently than Lovie, but having seen Lovie's teams continually get stomped in "Bear Weather", and for Trestman to call the game that he did (questionable non use of timeouts at the end of regulation aside) is very impressive.
  9. Bear_40

Bear_40 Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Loved it! Wish we had more games like it.
  10. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Rookie

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yup. This had the feel of a "classic" style game. I think that it will be rebroadcast on NFL Network on Tuesday.
  11. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +444 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    Look at the smile on the guys face laying in the mud. That's what it's all about. Games should be required to be played on fields like that or snow. It would reduce the speed of hits and running thereby reducing the number of injuries.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    yes, remember that scene from Lock Up (Stallone)... I wish we had Eclipse (Pep was close)
  13. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +639 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    I too loved watching the game. Throw the "fancy" passing game out the window and let the big boys play some smash mouth old school football. It was pretty cool to watch, but as a resident of down state Illinois, I was reminding myself that the storm that was going through Chicago had left massive damage in towns that I KNEW and know people that live there. In fact, we spent a bit of time in OUR basement as well, but thankfully, we were missed. More than 500 families in Washington, IL are now without their homes along with many in some of the other towns around Peoria, and still more farther south in Illinois. Six people lost their lives to that storm, so some of the "cool" was a bit lost on me and I'm sure thousands of others.