Izzy Signs with Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Marshall#15, Mar 18, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +439 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    I still think they plan on drafting a DE, not sure when with the other needs but maybe they have there eye on a small school prospect nobody has even heard of for a late round surprise.
  2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Welcome back Izzy. It's another guy to add to the unclear DL. Hopefully he has some gas left and can contribute in a rotation and always was a good st guy.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +190 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Izzy is a good insurance policy at the least. Rotate him in and keep everyone rested / fresh. I like it a lot.
    ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    $955,000, no bonus
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    497ß
    For the three years prior to 2013 the guy had 20.5 sacks and 103 solo tackles. Those are some pretty good numbers for a guy who was primarily a utility guy in a DL rotation Benji. We'd have been one hell of a lot better off with him last year than we were without him.

Maybe it's YOU who don't remember that he was better than YOU think he was. :smilebig:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    Or maybe I am just seeing how bad he was last year.

I am sure his 11 tackles and .5 sacks would have done wonders for the Bears
    • Like Like x 1
  7. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    497ß
    Could be MP. One thing for certain is that Emery is not gonna make the mistake of not have enough experienced quality depth on that defense again this year. In addition to the guys he has last year, and Houston and Young, there's also Lane and Scott and now Izzy. All guys who go 6'6" and 270lbs or so no more mini me DEs like McClellin playing on the left side. I doubt all three will make the roster and if he does bring Wootton back that's 4 6'6" 270lb guys. Good competition come camp.
  8. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    497ß
    Screw last year Benji. He never started a game in Detoilet and barely saw the field. You aren't seriously suggesting those stats had anything to do with his prior performance as a Bears or even what it may have been playing here last year at LDE in place of mini me McClellin are you? He's in great high effort guy, always keeps himself in shape, and loves playing for the Bears. What more do you want.

You gotta stop looking at limited crap like that as the only thing you base your opinions or decisions on. I'm sure Phil Emery didn't so what's up with you. You post sarcastic crap like this that has no relevance what so ever and then you wonder why I get pissed at you and tell you you're an idiot?

You been posting like this for about 8 years. I would have thought you'd have gotten wiser by now. :10_9_137[1]:
  9. dabears70

dabears70 Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think it's because he won't even be ready to do anything until June/July. I was hoping he'd be back though cause i've always been a Wootton Fan.
  10. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    whatever soul.

I still think there is a good chance he doesn't even make the team out of camp
  11. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    497ß
    Sure just like a year ago when Ric was dead certain Josh McCown didn't have the skills of an NFL QB period let alone enough to be the Bears #2 and now he's Lovie's #1. Or Clutchler was so sure we should just dump Cutler and sign McCown or move on because there were so may hot draft prospects this year. LOL, I don't see any Andrew Lucks out there anywhere. I see more Vince Youngs and Christian Ponders.

Stop looking just recent stats and look at the player, his past experience, and his motivation. Izzy is a good football player who'd love to end his career where he began it. No he isn't guaranteed a spot, but nobody will work any harder to stick than he will. Izzy and Houston can both play that LDE spot and move into DT on passing downs if needed. He's almost the perfect backup to Houston for adding depth.
  12. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Izzy is back in the hizzy! He'll provide some much needed depth on the D-line.
  13. GibsonMcQueen

GibsonMcQueen Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I like it. I was always a fan of his, but even though he's getting long in the tooth and probably won't be as productive as he was with his last stint here, I think he'll make a good rotation player. Personally, I still wouldn't be suprised to see the Bears have wootton and izzy in their squad come preseason, they both add valuable depth right across the line, not just one position.
  14. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Gibson, is that your Border Collie? beatiful dogs!
  15. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    185ß
    This has a very Marty Booker feel to it. Loved Marty B but after he was traded I really wasn't excited to have him back even though the Board was pretty happy about it. Izzy, whatever he was in Chicago, is a shell of what that player was.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    That's the thing, you cannot live in the past. You have to look at recent performance.
    If you live in the past you're going to get a player who is past their prime
  17. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    185ß
    Funny you should mention my not liking McCown, b/c I sure to hell remember you being thrilled w/the Weems signing b/c of how he was a good insurance policy if Hester got hurt.
  18. Bear_40

Bear_40 Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Good signing. A vet in the locker room who shows up to play. He'll add depth and will be an insurance policy as well. I like it.
  19. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    497ß
    To quote yourself.........."whatever Benji".

I've stopped debating with the closed minded and incurably stubborn or ignorant. :3_8_14[1]:

Do me a favor and put yourself on my ignore list. You're a staff member so I can't do it myself. :shoot5: :rofl2:
  20. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    Now why would I do that? Why would I remove the enjoyment I get from watching you go crazy every time someone disagrees with you? Don't know or care what your issue is with me, but whatever.
    • Like Like x 1