Izzy Signs with Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Marshall#15, Mar 18, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Sure just like a year ago when Ric was dead certain Josh McCown didn't have the skills of an NFL QB period let alone enough to be the Bears #2 and now he's Lovie's #1. Or Clutchler was so sure we should just dump Cutler and sign McCown or move on because there were so may hot draft prospects this year. LOL, I don't see any Andrew Lucks out there anywhere. I see more Vince Youngs and Christian Ponders.

Stop looking just recent stats and look at the player, his past experience, and his motivation. Izzy is a good football player who'd love to end his career where he began it. No he isn't guaranteed a spot, but nobody will work any harder to stick than he will. Izzy and Houston can both play that LDE spot and move into DT on passing downs if needed. He's almost the perfect backup to Houston for adding depth.

2. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Veteran

Ratings:
    +236 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    288ß
    Izzy is back in the hizzy! He'll provide some much needed depth on the D-line.

3. GibsonMcQueen

GibsonMcQueen Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I like it. I was always a fan of his, but even though he's getting long in the tooth and probably won't be as productive as he was with his last stint here, I think he'll make a good rotation player. Personally, I still wouldn't be suprised to see the Bears have wootton and izzy in their squad come preseason, they both add valuable depth right across the line, not just one position.

4. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    328ß
    Gibson, is that your Border Collie? beatiful dogs!

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,052 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,305ß
    This has a very Marty Booker feel to it. Loved Marty B but after he was traded I really wasn't excited to have him back even though the Board was pretty happy about it. Izzy, whatever he was in Chicago, is a shell of what that player was.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,608 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,381ß
    That's the thing, you cannot live in the past. You have to look at recent performance.
    If you live in the past you're going to get a player who is past their prime

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,052 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,305ß
    Funny you should mention my not liking McCown, b/c I sure to hell remember you being thrilled w/the Weems signing b/c of how he was a good insurance policy if Hester got hurt.

8. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    162ß
    Good signing. A vet in the locker room who shows up to play. He'll add depth and will be an insurance policy as well. I like it.

9. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    To quote yourself.........."whatever Benji".

I've stopped debating with the closed minded and incurably stubborn or ignorant. :3_8_14[1]:

Do me a favor and put yourself on my ignore list. You're a staff member so I can't do it myself. :shoot5: :rofl2:

10. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,608 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,381ß
    Now why would I do that? Why would I remove the enjoyment I get from watching you go crazy every time someone disagrees with you? Don't know or care what your issue is with me, but whatever.

• Like Like x 1