jarius byrd no tag

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Smoking Jay, Mar 4, 2014.

1. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    618ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Man I hear ya brother. This one has been brutal.

Here's my problem. I was a teenager when I remember my first bad winter like this in 1978. Then there was about a 6 or 7 year cycle of bad winters. At least that's what my memory of the time is. I hope this isnt the start of another damn cycle like that.:badmood:

• Like Like x 1
  2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,919ß
    You just got spoiled with the last several winters. Been really mild. I moved away from IL in Nov. Seems to have been perfect timing. :7_4_14[1]:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,923ß
    Emery can afford Byrd if that's who he wants. From the way it's looking today he may not get the DE he'd like to have and he can get DTs in the 1st round of the draft to replace Melton if Melton expects more than he's willing to give so Byrd is the best FA period and we need a Safety. That's not much of a leap to make. The only issue is whether or not he'll prefer to play for his old coach in Cleveland vs playing here.

We needs a good vet Safety in FA and Byrd, Ward and Whitner rank 1,2,3 so we should be able to sign one of them and then draft another.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    114ß
    I agree 99. It's even been very cold with several storms down here in NC. It was a wind chill of 9 here this morning. I know it's colder up in Bear land but that's crazy cold in NC bro'! I moved down here in 82' from Indiana & I don't remember a worse winter than this year.

Training camp will be here before ya know it though & beong there would be great! Enjoy it my friend.

5. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    618ß
    ...I don't like you... :)

6. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    618ß
    Please don't take this the wrong way Jim, cuz you are a great guy; but I have a brother that lives down there who always rubs it in as far as the weather goes. As a result, there is a little bit of joy that I glean from the statement you make above.;)

7. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    114ß
    I understand my friend. The funny thing is I used to call up my brothers in Indy on those rare occasions when we did get a good snow & brag about it. What the hell was I thinking? I may have to move further south!

8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,803ß
    Our family is already planning on spending extra days at camp this year. I have the first week off of work and we hope to be there a lot. I can't wait.

9. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    618ß
    Sounds good, we'll go ahead and load up, then swing east and pick you up on the way to the Keys. What are we waiting for...oh...yea, that whole job/career thing...damn!

10. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    618ß
    Sounds good. I may talk to the fam and see if they have any interest. I know the boy will jump at it.