jarius byrd no tag

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Smoking Jay, Mar 4, 2014.

1. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yeah, this working for a living keeps ruining everything! Until we win a sweepstakes or the lottery we're hosed.:cry:
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    I've been taking my son and his friends since he was a small boy. It's free and very family oriented. The players are always good with the young kids signing autographs and interacting with the fans a bit. Now my son and his friends are all grown up and in college, but in the summer we still go up to camp together. Now that those guys are scattered around at different colleges, we still have our fantasy football team - another tradition. We started that when they were little guys too. All these years though, and I've never won in fantasy football......the kids always beat me. Although I did come in 2nd this year......best finish ever for me :)

This week my son and I were already talking about making the pilgrimage to Bourbonnaise again this coming summer. Kindof takes the edge off of this long cold winter.
  3. dabears

dabears Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Hey guys, I've been away from Chicago since 84 in Europe and in sunny southern Spain for 15 years. Can't miss those brutal winters from here with sunny skies and temps hovering around 70-80 most of the year. Just can't do it!! :10_1_9[1]: :lolsign:
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,372 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    El clima es muy bueno, no?
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,372 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    I don't know if you guys remember or not but Byrd's father Gil was a very good DB too and he was the Bears Safety coach under Lovie. You know back when our Safeties actually knew how to defend passes and tackle. Wouldn't it be a kick if his kid ended up here? Or would he tell Emery to fuck off because his Dad was fired along with Lovie and his staff. Hmmmmmm........
  6. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +636 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    Well, he was the assistant DB coach under Jon Hoke and that was from 2008 thru 2012. Who are these great Safeties that actually knew how to defend passes and tackle? My memory banks show that as one of our Defenses biggest weaknesses throughout that time. We never could find the replacement for Mike Brown. None the less, your point is a good one; would he come here after his Dad was shown the door, or would the Bears even consider bringing him in based on the same circumstances? Typically I would say it all depends on the money, but that whole father-son relationship thing is one of the few things that can transcend money, especially if similar dollars are available elsewhere. I guess it all comes down to the real events that led to his departure. We know the Bears tried to keep Marinelli, but he said no. Was this Byrd's choice as well? Remembering that the Bears were trying to keep the Defense together for the most part, this could have been a mutual thing. Jon Hoke, Byrd's boss decided to stay, right? Maybe Byrd just said thanks, but no thanks, I'm ready to quit being an assistant position coach and start being an actual position coach and this was his opportunity. Now he's the CB coach in Tampa, back with Lovie.
  7. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I believe Byrd is best safety in free agency and an outstanding football player. I have a problem with him demanding he wants to be the highest paid safety. J. Byrd wait until you have an offer, you can then say yes or no. Let your value be established by the market. When he was tagged last year he created a lot of turmoil for Buffalo. He did produce on the field for Buffalo, but so what. Does Byrd have the traits of a team player, and someone who should be on the Bears? I would pass, and pick up a lessor talent, who provides value without issues. His attitude and big ego will cause some issues in the locker room. The $$$$$ issue will not go away with a new contract or team.
  8. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +636 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    Your points are understood and valid. I must admit, I do not know what kind of turmoil he created in Buffalo; however, most players dislike the tag.
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    Other than Mike Brown, it seems like we brought in a small army of safeties (between draft and FA) and they were all disappointments. It does amaze me that we couldn't get this right.
  10. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +636 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    OK, I have a VERY important question about Byrd. How the hell do you pronounce his first name?

This thread spells his name like I always thought it was pronounced... Jer-e-us
    However, I believe the proper spelling is Jairus, which would then appropriately be pronounced Jer-us.

DAMN IT, HOW CAN WE BE EXPECTED TO SIGN AN FA IF WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE HIS NAME!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT SHIT!!!

If this is another "Favre" type pronunciation, then I don't want him, I DON'T WANT HIM!!!
    :)
  11. dabears

dabears Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Hey Soul, yes it is. That goes without saying. :)
  12. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I believe it is pronounced Jay-rus. Don't quote me on that.