Jay Cutler to be evaluated Thursday before practice

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 6, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

FWIW.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mdbearz

mdbearz

He needs to sit and heal.

Part of that article is with Brandon
    Receiver Brandon Marshall[​IMG] also appreciates how well McCown has played, but knows why Cutler is the starter.
    “Let’s set the record straight: You can’t replace Jay Cutler,” Marshall said. “In this game, sometimes you have to make plays when there aren’t plays out there, and Jay is one of the best at that. That’s what some of the great quarterbacks do, but they also stay within the offense."

I honestly think this mentality is exactly what the down fall of Jay Cutler is. If he can shadow Trestman like he did last week and learn some more this week, I think he will be healthier and a better QB for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

I completely agree MD. Against the better teams, it's like he tries "too hard" to make something out of nothing and it just ends up ints, fumbles and pick-6's. Instead of keeping us in games, it loses games. Sure, against crappy teams you may (may) get away with this. But Cutler has killed us trying this against the solid teams in big games......especially against Green Bay. This is exactly when "Bad Jay" comes to doom us in games.
  4. A-11

A-11

"Lets's set the record straight: You bet your ass you can replace Jay Cutler," my Emery impersonation said. "Are you going to pay the tab? In the real world sometimes prime rib is off the menu."

I'm surprised Marshall didn't repeat his comment of, "Two weeks."

Sometimes you do have to make plays that aren't there. That's true, that is why I don't like the game managing (Orton/Smith) types.
    But for the love of Halas, Marshall needs to realize that Cutler sometimes doesn't stay within the offense. Like the confidence Marsh!

I guessing this talk is all smoke and mirrors. McCown has a new task in front of him. Suh ya!
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01

670 is reporting JC is practicing today. Toon in to 670 to hear how he's done/doing.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Smoking Jay

Smoking Jay

cant listen right now, is he full practice or just tossing the ball around?
  7. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

They won't tell you that. But he is practicing just enough that they can say he is practicing to make Detroit think
  8. The Benjamin

Listening to the Score now, they are going with the thought process that Cutler WILL indeed start.

Saying if he was given medical clearance he would play. Obviously he got that or he would not be practicing.

If he wasn't starting he would not be practicing

At least that is what they are saying on 670 right now
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

I am going to be HONKED OFF if he plays like crap on Sunday! There, I said it! Jay, I know you read this message board, so HEAR THIS AND HEAR IT GOOD: If you come back, you had BETTER not commit a single Turnover. AT THE VERY LEAST, I expect you to play just as well as McCown has played over the course of the past 2 weeks. No excuses, bro. :mad:
  10. The Benjamin

Easy there tiger
  11. Smoking Jay

Smoking Jay

just saw on facebook that he is cleared to play and will start on sunday
  12. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Oh, I'm just getting started, Big Boy! I will kick Cutler in the balls myself, if he hurts this team by coming back too soon on Sunday. Suh WON'T have to do it. I will walk right up to him and give him a swift kick to the gonads the next time I see him hanging out with Henry on Rush Street!!!! :mad: No more excuses of any kind, Jay. If you are ready to play, and you are worthy of a hefty, new $$$$$ K at the end of the season, the LEAST you can do is play as well as McCown has in your stead! No more excuses for Baby Jay. :mad: The Excuse Train departed Santa Claus, IN a few weeks ago, and it ain't ever coming back!
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Gotta respect Jay's toughness. The guy just wants to win. He's going to take some physical punishment Sunday, and probably isn't going to be as mobile. But he's a gutsy guy to go out and try to help us win the division - which starts against Detroit who already has a win over us. Good for Jay.
  14. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

I will refrain from praising Jay until after I see how he plays Sunday. No purple hearts from me if he turns the ball over and plays like crap.