Jefferey Says He and Marshall Are Top NFL WR Duo.............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Jun 1, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    587ß
    Alshon Jeffery: Brandon Marshall and I are the NFL’s Top 2 receivers

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 1, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
    [​IMG] AP

Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery says he and Brandon Marshall are the best pair of receivers in football.
    “I’m not the type of person that brags a lot about anything, but I feel that last year, what we did, we were at the top of the list as the two best receivers,” Jeffery told Sporting News. “But that was last year. This year we have to set our goal and try our best to do the same thing we did last year, if not better.”

Jeffery may not want to brag, but he doesn’t hesitate to say that he and Marshall have set very high goals for themselves. “We motivate each other,” Jeffery said. “We compete against each other and we’ve got the same goals. We both want to win the Super Bowl and we want greatness.”

With Marshall now signed for the next four years, locking up Jeffery may be the Bears’ biggest offseason priority next year. The Bears would love to have both Marshall and Jeffery in Chicago as a great pair of receivers playing together for years to come.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    587ß
    You gotta love his attitude and even more you gotta love how Marshall has helped coach Jeffery to be his biggest competitor. That kind of wisdom and selflessness is pretty rare in the NFL especially among diva WRs.

Knowing these two guys and Bennett are gonna be at the core of the Bears passing game over the next several years is a comforting thought for fans and for Cutler too I'm sure. These are the kind of guys he's been asking for ever since he arrived.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,457 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    246ß
    From last year ya, if White/Jones both stay healthy I think they can give Marshal/Jeffery a run for their money though. Same w/Crabtree/Boldin. Gonna be fun to watch how it all plays out.
  4. EternalChampion

EternalChampion Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I like his confidence. Now, walk the walk.
  5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +166 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    I wish he hadnt said that , thats lockeroom fodder for 31 secondarys in the NFL.

Walk softly and carry a big leaping ability.
  6. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    202ß
    I don't think they are talking trash, just talking about their performance LAST year.

If you watch most of Jeffries catches you will see that he goes a gets the football. That's what a good WR does. Too many WRs just wait for the ball to come into their hands. These two guys go after it.

That's just the catches though, talk about blocking? They are physical.

Check out these two videos and pay attention to the way the get after the ball:
    http://www.dabears.com/media/jeffer...highlights-best-wr-duo-in-the-nfl-youtube.89/

http://www.dabears.com/media/nfls-b...hon-jeffery-highlights-2013-2014-youtube.102/

The throws are fairly good, but it takes a good WR to go after the ball.

Rice and Taylor may Montana look better than he was. Montana threw some ducks!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +166 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    When you say you are the BEST ... youre the target.

Dont draw attention to yourselves ... thats all.

Keep it quiet and score.
  8. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    587ß

Ski has it right though. All he said is that LAST year they were the top duo (and most would agree with that) but that they can't rest on that and have to keep improving. I'm not real big on him giving himself a nickname but if you can go out and back it up then you can pretty much do what you please. So far he's been backing up what he says.
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +166 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    Jerry Rice never had to name himself anything ... and nobodys topped his ass yet.

THATS CHICAGO FOOTBALL ! Well ... maybe Frisco football.
  10. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,989 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    183ß
    Statistically speaking, yes...they were the best WR duo last year.

Opinion wise, yes...most people agree that they were the best DUO last year.

This is a new year. Lets see if they can maintain those stats and opinions.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +166 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    Lets see if they can keep their names off of other teams bulletin boards ... I hope this blows over.

Nobody likes a bullseye on their back because they get cocky.

Lets just get it done ... quietly ... all that counts is the score.

Let the other teams forget you exist .

Ahhhh ... Steve Largent , the Seattle Ghost.
  12. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +3,989 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    183ß
    Eh, im pretty sure they were on everyone's bulletin boards anyway. Marshall always is. Jeffrey took the NFL by surprise though. So, while everyone was focused on Marsh, that lead to AJ getting the passes from Cutler.

But now, they have to respect BOTH players, so it becomes a "pick your poison" thing...if you focus on one, that just means less coverage on the other, and vice versa.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +166 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    Jimmors I dont want them to focus on anything from our team.

I want them so confused ... that where we score on you at is YOUR problem.

We'll just keep scoring ... you have to figure out how to stop us.

THATS THE NEW CHICAGO BEARS FOOTBALL !

Oh ... yeah ... DEFENSE ... you may have heard about us in the PAST after taking a SEASON off ,

Hey Baby ... WE'RE BACK ! I dont know whats going to happen and neither do you ... but I will say this:

For the start of the season we are going to march this motherfucker down to SOLDIERS FIELD from Michigan Ave. ,

we are going to PLANT our FLAG ... and be open for business !!!

THATS CHICAGO BEARS ! Lets BEARSSE these bastards into the tombs where they belong !

BEEEEEAAAAARRRRSSSSSE !!!! I cant except anything less and neither will you , thats just the fuckin way it is.

Its time to start showing who THE FUCK WE ARE ! 2014 CHICAGO BEARS !!!
  14. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +3,989 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    183ß
    Doesnt matter what you want, if you have "the best WR duo in the NFL," then teams ARE going to focus on them, whether you want them to or not.

However, luckily we have Trestman, who is an offensive guru, and yes, will have some tricks up his sleeve to exploit this disadvantage.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Seqq34

Seqq34 Rookie

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    This is not going to be bulletin board material lmao

The kid has confidence and it's refreshing. He wasn't even being cocky, just honest. They were the best duo last year and that should only help the run game this year if they continue their ways.
  16. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    587ß
    Yeah, hardly. When you ring up the numbers they did last year, with two different QBs throwing to them, and in their very first year in that offense no less I think they have the right to claim the 2013 title. Now they just need to keep it and by the sounds of it they intend to all the way to an eventual Super Bowl. That's Marshall's goal and now he has a partner sharing it with him.

Gonna be fun to watch Bears offenses now for awhile instead of watching 3 and outs and waiting to the defense to take over and score for them.
    • Like Like x 1