Jermichael Finley?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by beardownzona, Jun 3, 2014.

1. beardownzona

beardownzona Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Take a risk? I don't see why not. Yes teams are cautious and he did have a horrific injury, but he could come in and compete for the #2 TE position. Also seems like a better option than Rosario and Onobun. It'll just be another slap in the cheeseheads' face.

2. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,264ß
    It has to make financial sense for him though. He's a got a 10 million dollar insurance policy that kicks in if he can never play again. Something to think about for sure.

3. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    In a word ....... NO !
    Way too inconsistent and a lot of drops even with Rogers throwing to him. I'll pass.
    :18 1 205:

4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,166ß
    That insurance policy is really a kicker.

Not sure if he will even try to play for less guaranteed money than the insurance policy. I would love to have him but a lot depends on the contract. He needs to prove he can play again and I am scared it is going to cost a team the amount of the insurance policy to find out. Probably why the Packers signed the guy I really wanted in Colt Lyerla. (rumor has it he is doing well by the way in there OTA's from what I have read).

I guess I would like to have him but the insurance policy may be prohibitive unless we can work around that somehow. I am presuming Finley will atleast want to make the money he can make for doing nothing.

5. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    834ß
    No to Finley. If there's going to be a reasonably priced "roll the dice" move I'd vote to go after Blackmon at WR.

6. beardownzona

beardownzona Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    Blackmon is good, but he's just like Josh Gordon... dumbasses always running into trouble with the law. We do not need a #3 receiver, Wilson has a lot of upside and potential. But as you guys stated and made a great point about the the insurance policy, I would rather take a pass now and hope for Fendi to pan out during these OTAs and training camp.

7. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,264ß
    Blackmon is still on the Jaguars and they have no plans of releasing him....plus he's suspended for the whole year.

8. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    834ß
    IIRC there was talk that they were looking to unload him. Just conjecturing on a "gamble". If Marshall could effect Blackmon like he seemingly has the other WR esp. with a year off to right himself.

Just a thought

9. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,166ß
    Blackmon doesnt seem to make a lot of sense to me. We have a 2 young guns in AJ and M Wilson. BMarsh is extended and C. Williams appears to be the kick returner and punt returner. Weems is the other returner and Tolliver is young with size and speed. Thats 6 WR, 2 of which handle the return job. That helps open other positions on the team if we do not need to hold a spot like for Hester as a STeams guy.

I do not see any benefit to signing Blackmon and it is not an area of need.

10. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,201ß
    Finley = :thumbsdown:

He's not the player he was or teams would have been jumping all over him by now. The Packers are rumored to have made an offer or at least a tentative one and he doesn't seem interested in any kind of "prove it deal". Besides he's not the same kind of all around TE Bennett is he's more the Jimmy Graham type .

If the guy was willing to come in an compete with nothing more the a vet minimum offer on the table I'd say go ahead and kick his tires but I'm sure that's not where his head is. Another issue is that he'd still have to pass a physical and he may not even be able to do that. If he does and is injured again we have squat. We have our own Finely now and a better version so we don't need this one.

Blackmon would be an even worse option right now. We have great chemistry among the receiving core right now why mess that up with either of these guys?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1