Jermichael Finley?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by beardownzona, Jun 3, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +681 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    589ß
    Yeah, I see the risk and that 10 million dollar insurance policy is a kicker that will probably send him to retirement. Can not see giving him 10 Million without knowing where he is today. If he never had the injury I would jump all over him, with the injury it really comes down to the doctors and a bigger plan. Not sure who they could get next year in the draft of FA, or who they may perceive being cut when the 53 man rosters come out, thus the bigger plan. Just sayin I would kick the tires and see where he is at, maybe he is saying screw the insurance I love this game or maybe he is saying I got 10 million to do nothing, you have to beat that.
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    I don't know anything about that $10 mil but if that's an accurate figure as far as what he'd get if his career has ended then common sense alone would say he's not coming in for a mini non-guaranteed deal just to have his tires kicked. Not if it means jeopardizing his insurance indemnity.

That aside he's also not exactly the "ok I'll play second fiddle type either". Wherever he signs he's gonna want a shot at playing and even starting and if he isn't doing that or getting the ball he's gonna bitch. We already have a small issue like that with Marshall so I wouldn't willingly choose to add another.

Given the receivers we have plus Forte it's a little hard for me to see how he figures in very often unless Bennett is seriously injured and can't play because if it's minor you know Bennett will just rub a little dirt on it and play. He's not the type to sit either. To be honest with you I don't see any way two TEs with the personalities those two have would coexist very easily on one team. JMHO
  3. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +349 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    Jermichael Finley, Fendi Onobun, and Martellius Bennett were all on the same traveling basketball team the AAU Houston hoops basketball team back in 2004. Not saying we should sign him, but he'd get along with Martellius and Fendi just fine.

"As basketball teams go, it was a heck of a football team. The front-court of that traveling Houston Hoops summer basketball team in 2004 included Martellus Bennett, Jermichael Finley and Fendi Onobun.
    "Can you believe it?" Onobun says now. "That was a crazy squad."

4. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    I'm less concerned about how he'd get along with the other TEs than how he'd be with Cutler and the coaching staff if he wasn't seeing the field much or seeing the ball when he was on the field. All it would take would be a couple of key drops and Cutler would start pretending he didn't exist. Those are the issues I'd be concerned with more than anything else besides his state of health.
  5. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +349 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    See, I'm thinking he would not be a ball hog at all. I'd be afraid he'd go the exact opposite direction and not want the ball or much contact. That was one hell of an injury to recover from. For a short time, I think he'd mesh fine with the team while he recovered. I'd just not want to be the rehab team and him not really contributing.
  6. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with his disability insurance and that has to come into play. If he accepts a one year prove it kind of deal does the insurance still pay off on the difference between the average TEs salary and the minimum or does it void the policy completely. Disability stuff is written all kinds of ways.

I really can't imagine the Bears or any other team be willing to give him any kind of a long term deal even if he does pass their team physical. Seattle had him and passes on him and it's said that both the Giants and the Packers have an interest. I'd think if GB's interest was that strong that they'd have come to terms by now.

I just don't see him helping all that much and unless he is willing to play for a vet minimum then I'd feel we were overpaying him because he's gonna sit more than play. Maybe the right move here is to wait and see how much progress Onobun has made and if he's not the guy and Finley is still looking for a home later on then maybe we bring him in. I just feel that if they haven't made a move towards him so far then there has to be a good reason for that. The same with GB. I've read that they've discussed an offer with him but so far nothing's happened so it's obviously not what he's looking for money wise.