Jerry Angelo Calls Cutler "Inconsistent" in QB Rankings

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 11, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,201ß
    FWIW

[​IMG]

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,588 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    943ß
    Inconsistent? Yes. In the clutch? going to disagree on that one:

-Threw a go ahead TD pass to Marshall in the 4th quarter against the Bengals.
    -Next week, against the Vikes threw a go ahead TD pass to Martellus with :10 left in the 4th.
    -Helped get a 17-0 lead in the 1st Quarter against the Steelers, on the road.
    -Despite 4 Turnovers, he still threw 2 TD passes and 2-point Conversions in the final 4 min against the Lions
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    Well Angelo, whatever he is, you are why he is here
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    870ß
    Maybe if you would have given him an Offensive line and a a a a a a what do they call um... Oh yeah weapons like a WR not named Hester, or a TE that could catch, oh yeah ya traded him Gregg Olson. Hmmmmmm, I think I might know why.... not to mention a new OC each yr he has been here. This I believe will be the first yr Jay has had the same OC in his Bear carreer. I am looking forward to bigger and better things
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    Second time, Martz had a second year as OC as well.
  6. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    Yeah.... about that. That pick we got for Olsen got us Marshall.
  7. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    870ß
    May be true but Angelo never would have made that trade.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    Does not matter if Angelo woudl have or not. Fact is a trade Angelo made led to us getting Marshall.

So would you rather have Olsen and ??? or Marty Bennett and Marshall?
  9. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    Isn't this the same GM who evaluated Devin Hester as a legitimate "Number One receiver"?
  10. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    Yes
  11. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    He may have some valid observations but he should probably just keep his mouth shut since he is the one who leveraged the organization to bring him here.
  12. Rogelio

Rogelio Veteran

Ratings:
    +146 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    76ß
    For some reason, it made me irrationally angry when I got the NFL notification on my phone that Angelo said he lacked poise. Maybe it's because Jay get far more criticism than what he deserves, or maybe I'm just pissed because I today was passed over for a promotion because my boss likes having someone grossly overqualified as her go-to guy in this potion.

Anyway, when I read that I felt like screaming, "Shut the fuck up!" Holy crap. Angelo needs to shut his fucking mouth and never say another word about Cutler, outside of "I failed him." This asshole brought Jay into a situation with no offensive weapons, no offensive line, and a caravan of incompetent has-beens and never-weres calling the plays. He got Jay concussed multiple times behind the crap lines he put together. If Jay is "ruined," Angelo is the biggest reason why. Angelo was a shitty GM, who only held on as long as he did due to a few great early picks on defense and inheriting Urlacher. He couldn't do crap with the offense, couldn't find a safety to save his life, and aside from a few great players, his defenses were thin as hell. He is the reason Urlacher retied without a championship and why Briggs and Tillman are nearly at that point.

He didn't really skewer Cutler, but still he needs to shut the hell up when it comes to Jay and the Bears in general. Having been an awful GM makes him more qualified to write these articles than Random ESPN Buffoon, but he still needs to probably not mention the Bears for the next five years or so.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,313 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,488ß
    pretty spot on. Cutler was more clutch in the 4th this year then in previous years; but I remember at least 2 of his 4th qtr come backs, the team was down b/c of his stupid over confidence.

I don't know that I would say he cannot read a D, I think he doesn't give 2 shakes about what the D is doing, it's not ignorance that hurts JC, it's over confidence in his arm that hurts him.
  14. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    This!!!

Angelo was so utterly incompetent on the offensive side of the ball, and he had more than his fair share of failures on the defensive side of the ball also, like every single Safety he ever drafted or brought in as a FA was a total flop.

This is the prime example of throwing rocks when you live in a glass house.

Even Lovie was smart enough to seperate himself from this idiot.

Cutler does have something to prove in the big games, particulary against the Packers. But Angelo is a huge reason that Cutler has had as many failures as we have seen.

A QB without any legit WRs, TEs, O-line or Offensive coordinators has very little chance of being anything other than ordinary.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,313 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,488ß
    Hey I hate Jerry as much as the next guy; but many of his worst drafts were after the SB when Lovie got more control of player personnel, so lets not completely re write history.
    2002 he got Columbo(who was good before the inj, couldn't recover but played another few good years in Dallas), Alex Brown, and Terrance Metcalf who was pretty serviceable for a few years
    2003 he got Tillman, Grossman, Briggs, Bobby Wade, Justin Gage
    2004 he got Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, Benard Berrian, Vasher,
    2005, he got Benson, Orton, Harris, worst draft since 2001
    *These 4 years had several pieces that built that SB team.
    2006 Manning, Hester, Manderson
    and at this point you start to see the wheels come off w/Lovie having control
    2007, Olsen, Corey
    2008 Forte, Bennett, Bowman (but they had 12 picks, 2003 the last time they had 12 picks they got 2 more players)
    2009 Melton, Moore, Knox
    2010 Wright, Wootton
    2011 Paea

He wasn't great, he was far from it, but Lovie was his downfall, his worst draft sans Lovie were 3 solid players, his best drafts w/Lovie were 3 solid players.

I don't think it's sour grapes, nor do I think it's glass houses. The guy is trying to keep himself relevant and make money, he might not be good at it, but at least he's not destroying teams now.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    All i can do right now is LOL at his comment. Hey Angelo how many years were you "inconsistent" of drafting 1st and 2nd round players? Yea I'll wait hahaha
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    543ß
    Ignoring who said this: Yeah, it's going to take more than 1 year to erase 5 years of bad OC's (Ron thinking "oh great I have a QB with a strong arm, let's change my gameplan for that) and only 2 years of stability with Martz, then the worst OC since at least the early 80's (John Shoop and Lovie's first guy had FAR less talent to ork with), so with the improvements we HAVE seen, let's be cautiously optimistic here that Trestman can provide more stable environment in year 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +706 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    321ß
    From the guy who couldn't remember to pencil in a check-box? JA needs to STFU.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,201ß
    That's pretty much how I see it too. As some have pointed out, Jay had very poor weapons when he first came here. But this year his weapons were about as good as any QB could hope for. A well-trained chimp should be able to perform well with this offense. Heck, at one point even journeyman, Josh McCown, was looking very solid (wasn't Josh at one point leading the NFL in QBR?). I've said many times here, I'm not focusing on the past, but as we move forward with Cutler, he does have to play all 4 quarters, especially against the better teams (not just show up in the 4th) and he has to have better pocket presence.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,313 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,488ß
    As seen by McCowns out of his mind play.
    • Like Like x 1