Jesus H. Christ A Chicago Bears Offensive Line !!

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, Aug 24, 2013.

1. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

Against my mascot team I saw the impossibe ... a fer REAL OFFENSIVE LINE.

There are people on this board right now in a state of disbelief.

Ski Wiz is walking in circles in his home.

Kroney is so far gone he may never come back.

Jimmors is handing out flyers on the Las Vegas Strip to total strangers ...

DAA BEARRSSEE have a frigginn OFFENSIVE LINE !!!

WITH AN ATTITUDE !!

Seeing Kyle Long get into it with Raiduhs defensive players after a play ...

I almost wept.

So THATS what the 85' BEARS OL looked like !

I mean we just blew them away with out starters.

I think WEBB has earned a spot at RT.
  2. CBears

CBears

That was good.
  3. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen

You mean Mills?
  4. WearyBear

WearyBear

Yeah, I almost drove myself to the local cardiac unit!
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ya the OL looked good the last few weeks, but lets wait to see how they look come week 1 against a legit top notch DL that is actually trying to kill your qb...but the OL definately has a line pointing up.
  6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

What amazed me was how effortless Forte-Bush-Ford ran the ball behind that OL.

In an AIRBALL pass happy game the RB's did the work.

I thot they were suppossed to be obsolete and TE's the wave of the future.

Meanwhile our high priced TE ... the other Bennett ... ummmm.
  7. jbunch14

jbunch14

I think the stat line from last night would have been ridiculous if there weren't five drops from the receivers. The line kept Cutler at ease nearly the entire first half, and you can see the difference on the way he was delivering the ball. I noticed Cutler took another shot at Webb when he was asked about the rookies on the right side, saying that they really wanted to be out there and were giving a great effort. Webb again had two penalties and was on the ground ALL THE TIME when he was in there at LT. I have seen enough of him, hopefully Scott is back this week and he can claim the swing spot for the year.
  8. short faced bear

short faced bear

Nice to see a OL with nothing but upside. Also weird to see as were used to a sub par OL. The disbelief is so great that Original Jackie Jokeman has had drinks with Jakie Jokeman. Never cross the streams.
  9. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen

Bennett was just surprised to get targeted by Jay for the first time in preseason.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jbunch14

jbunch14

Targeted three times with two drops = FAIL. Onobun targeted three times with three drops = DOUBLE FAIL. It's starting to look a lot like KELLEN!!!
  11. soulman

soulman

The drops cost us a couple of scores but in the end didn't affect the outcome. Marshall I'm not concerned about but Bennett and Onobun I am. I'm still thinking they either need to send Onobun to have his vision checked or teach him how to catch a football. He looked like a SS trying to field a grounder on that one Cutler under threw a bit. He needs to learn to come back into the ball and not just reach but if his depth perception is messed up that would explain his difficulty in judging the ball. Fortunately his blocking is improving and if he can start hanging on to the ball that may be enough to keep him around.

The starting OLine was awesome. It's just so damn nice to see those two rookies busting their asses to hold their starting spots. Watching Cutler have time to go through reads and having a clean pocket to step up into is almost a shock to my system. His too I'd bet. Slauson is turning out to be a nice find as well. He's pass blocking well which he always has and he got out in front of Forte and cleared the path on at least one nice run.

Webb is what Webb has always been. He's Mc Oaf! McCown makes a nice 3rd down completion to keep a drive alive and Webb gets called for an atrocious and totally unnecessary holding call and then later get called for a motion penalty and for most part his run blocking sucked. Same old Webb. I'd be rooting harder for Scott if he was any better but he's really not. The only difference is he probably wouldn't get such stupid penalties. One of them will have to stick to back Bushrod but I'm praying he has a guardian angel that keeps him healthy all year. I don't want to see either of the other two playing.

Another guy whose days should be at an end is EWill. James Brown won't beat out Long at RG but he sure as hell is a better option than EWill as a backup OG. The guy was missing blocks on virtually every play and was just standing there looking at the pile when it was over. He and Webb both looked awful on the left side. Eben Britton didn't do anything to impress me all that much but I didn't really notice any glaring errors either so I'm guessing the only position left unsolved now is who backs up at LT between Webb and Scott.
  12. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

Can we go so far to say the starting OL is legit ?

That there are no holes to be filled ?

It would be a first in years.
  13. shark86x

shark86x SuperFan

No, can't go that far. I think Long will be fine. Mills will make some mistakes and he has farther to go than Long does. Long is a step ahead because of his freakish athleticism - If he messes up a little he can overcome. As far as no holes, I have one name. Garza. That is now our biggest hole. Hopefully having better guys on each side will help him, but he makes me nervous. Other than Garza, I agree, we have a legit O-line. First time since, since, since, ???
  14. soulman

soulman

Jesus H. Christ A Chicago Bears Offensive Lineman !!

Does God know this yet because I think he's a Packer fan. :eek: