Julius Peppers Comments About the Bears Today.

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by BelieveInMonsters, May 29, 2014.

1. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Boy oh boy Julius Peppers really turned out to be a little punk bitch.

Where do I begin? He's worried about having a dominating player beside him? Well, Julius maybe just maybe you were paid to be the guy you're describing.

Also this comment in particular really got under my skin:
    “I felt fine last year,” the 34-year-old Peppers said. “Circumstances around me and the [Bears], you know, led to certain things. But as far as me and how my body feels, I feel great.”

So basically he's admitting that there were no physical issues and that certain things hurt his feelings (coaches, how he was being used) and subsequently hurt his play.

I hope someone on the Bears Knocks him on his ass this season.

[​IMG]By Adam L. Jahns | Get In Touch: @adamjahns |ajahns@suntimes.comInside the Bears - May 29, 2014 4:24 pm
    Julius Peppers: ‘Circumstances around me and the [Bears] … led to certain things’

[​IMG]
    Julius Peppers will be an outside linebacker for the Packers.

Julius Peppers’ first media session as a member of the Green Bay Packers featured some interesting answers from the typically soft-spoken player who preferred to stay out of the spotlight in Chicago.

One of the most important factors in Peppers’ decision to join the Packers was the chance to play with star linebacker Clay Matthews. Peppers told reporters in Green Bay on Thursday that he’s never played with a player like him.

“I haven’t really played with a guy like Clay my whole career,” Peppers said. “Early in my career [with the Carolina Panthers], I played with a guy in Mike Rucker, who was a threat on the other side. But a really dominant player on the other side, I really haven’t had that, ever. So I’m excited.”

Peppers has a point. The Bears’ left-end position hasn’t been held by perennial Pro Bowlers. Shea McClellin and Corey Wootton played the most opposite Peppers in 2013. In the three seasons before that, it was veteran Israel Idonije primarily at the other end.

But it was Peppers who was signed in 2010 to be that “really dominant player” for the Bears. He wasn’t that enough during an erratic 2013 season, which saw the Bears’ defense fall to historically bad levels. Peppers’ 7.5 sacks and 31 solo tackles last season were his lowest totals since 2007.

All of it made Peppers and his $18,183,333 million salary-cap hit set for 2014 expendable. He was cut with two years remaining on his contract after the Bears signed Lamarr Houston. The Bears also were able to sign defensive end Jared Allen, who has 56.5 sacks over the last four seasons compared to Peppers’ 37.5

“I felt fine last year,” the 34-year-old Peppers said. “Circumstances around me and the [Bears], you know, led to certain things. But as far as me and how my body feels, I feel great.”

Peppers will play outside linebacker in Green Bay’s 3-4 scheme.

“They have a lot of pieces in place — that was important (in signing with the Packers),” Peppers told reporters. “Guys have a lot of talent, a lot of talent on this team. I feel like I’ll blend in well with these guys. Those are some of the things that led to me wanting to be here.”
    • Like Like x 1
  2. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,162 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Oh not to worry, I can't see Pep as a OLB this late in his career so if he get's frustrated I'm sure he'll go back to his old ways of taking plays (and games) off. Better the Pack than us.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TarheelBear

TarheelBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Actually I think he was only good lineman we had last year. Peppers disappeared for a year with Panthers as well numbers wise. don't think he can handle just being the guy. Need threat at DT that can help break down the pocket so QB can't step up otherwise Peppers is ineffective. We all Know it was money issue and he never see backside of that contract when he signed it. Someone beside him needs to be the guy, still he was our best Dlinemen last year.
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +485 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    As good as Pep was / is he seemed to need another threat with him. He will have a supporting cast in GB with Mathews so time will tell, it will be interesting to see what he does as a LB or Joker whatever they are calling him. I hope the Joke is on GB. His comments in other thread sound like a reply to J Allan and his comments where he kind a called him out. Just heating up the rivalry with some bulletin board matl.

On the other hand J Allan has not had the luxury of a top rusher with him in Minn. and he does it alone. I can not wait to see what he does with a supporting cast. I know he is no spring chicken but he also has support for the first time in a long time. Not sure what he had in KC as support but that is distant past. With Houston, Ratliff and Sutton I suspect Allan will get his average if for nothing else he has a supporting cast.
  5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    sounds like a packer already
    • Like Like x 2
  6. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Not sure why this thread was moved here.

This is a Bears discussion.

It has to do with Peppers' past history in Chicago.

It isn't about another NFL team.
  7. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Because he is a packer now. Former Bear or not, he is currently a member of the packers. Whether or not he is talking crap about the Bears, he is a packer making the news.
  8. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +932 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    233ß
    Wouldn't he (and any other FA that got signed somewhere) be expected to make similar statements? I mean, he is trying to fit in with his new team (players, coaches, front office, media).

I'd bet money he had a similar comment when he signed here....
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Passepartout

Passepartout Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Well he is no longer with the Bears. But the team will be eyeing him now that he is with the Packers. As they are NFC North big time rivals and nemesis!
  10. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    60ß
    He's old and out of gas . Wgaf .
  11. EternalChampion

EternalChampion Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    A guy that big (and old) that has been performing the same motion(s) for his entire career now taking on a whole new position is an injury waiting to happen.

He'll be stealing money from Green Bay by week 4. Just like he did here all last year.