June 1 Cuts, today is the day

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    I'd put my money to Glennon, I like the kid.

Oh shit, I just saw I said I "would" put you in that group. I meant wouldn't, my bad.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,913 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    That's quite a different point of view than Ric expressed last spring and he knows that too. But that's all beside the point. It is what it is. Ric and I have two very different engines that we use to process things. His is far more emotional than mine and it always got to the point of "don't confuse me with facts my mind's made up". That reminded me far too much of my ex-wife and we get along best when little is said between us so I figured if it works with her then it'll work with Ric. We just don't see things the same way and I doubt we ever will.

I don't apologize for being pain in the ass logical at times and I don't expect Ric to apologize for the way he processes things. We're very different in that respect and our debates often ended up being circular arguments that never came to an end so I decided it was best to keep the peace and end them the way I did. Now we can both express our thoughts without debate with the other. He's not my enemy it's just more peaceful here this way and I like peaceful.
  3. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,913 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß

I think Emery was very interested in Glennon too but didn't have a pick to go after him with. FWIW Emery seem to like tall, big bodied QBs which is why Jerrod Johnson is around I'm sure. Now the NFL has QBs the size of TEs and DEs. Fales seems like a midget these days yet he's 6'2", over 210lbs and not all that much smaller than Cutler.
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,259 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    301ß
    I believe the Tampa GM has walked back Lovie's crowning of McCown a bit since he was signed. As in, "Glennon and Mc will compete, we will see" type of thing. Why would you give up on sophomore QB who showed some promise as a rookie unless someone offered you a can't-pass-up trade deal?

Geez, is there any point in "anointing" a starting QB in spring? Either your starter is OBVIOUS (Rodgers, Cutler, Kap, Flacco, etc) or it's a competition if it's not obvious. Lovie can be such a clown sometimes.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    516ß
    I'm so glad to watch someone fuck up some other team. Lol

anyone that says mccown is their starter right off the bat, is an idiot.

you all if lovie said he's their starter, he will remain their starter the whole season regardless of his play. Lol

shit I can already picture what his press conferences will be like.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,259 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    301ß
    I agree wholeheartedly, Chi66. So many times, starting early on with the Marshall trade, I have said to myself "we finally have a competent skilled GM!" He's been amazing even with the hiccups that have occurred like ERod, Shea, Hardin, etc. Every GM has a few of those. His good and great moves far outweigh his misses IMHO.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,913 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Lovie says, Josh McGlennon is our starting QB and we'll go with that". LOL

Well despite what the TB GM may have to say (Glazer can't vote any longer) they aren't paying McCown $10 mil to sit and coach up Glennon so if Glennon starts he'll have to take the job away from McCown or at least that's the way I see it.

That could happen but I give it less than a 20% chance. Lovie has never been big on playing the inexperienced over the experienced and from what I read I believe his contract gives him 100% control over all personnel decisions. If that's accurate then it's McCown whose more likely to be starting.
  8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,259 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    301ß
    You're probably right, Soul. Money says a lot about depth chart priorities and likelihoods. I just wouldn't announce it in public like lame brain Lovie did.
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,913 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    June 1 Cuts, today is the day

You know I saw the exact same thing written on the marquee at Temple Beth Israel. Must be their annual special on circumcisions event. :wavingdick01:
  10. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    319ß
    Signed with browns a couple weeks ago.
  11. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    319ß
    When a guy has been out of the league twice and thrown more int's than td's in his career it's usually a good bet he won't light the league on fire. Lightening in a bottle. Yes Tampa got taken on that signing.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    Yeah, Lovie sure screwed the pooch on this one. It just reminds me of why he's no longer with the Bears. Totally clueless regarding anything regarding the "O" side.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    319ß
    Yeah, I mean I have nothing against McCown...nice guy...really helped us last year and I'm glad he did well...but his career wouldn't have given you any idea he had last season in him. And then to give that guy 10 million dollars...well...that just seems foolish to me. But what do I know...I'm here and not in an NFL job.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    Well, you know more than Lovie !
    :lol 027:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Yeah, the fact JA held his post for so damn long gives me hope I could be GM if I tried. Or at least a scout. If JA is a GM I belong somewhere because I sure as hell would have done better than he did.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    319ß
    Interesting guy who got cut today. Will Hill. He can play the position, problem is he can't put the green down. He'll be out for the first 6 games...but the kid has talent...always has(I've seen him play since high school). If he could ever keep his head on straight he would solve one of our issues at safety for sure.
  17. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    If its a deal where we're not on the hook I'm all for it, give him a prove it deal. What was he in trouble for? Weed? You'd think they'd let these guys use medical or something, is it really that much worse than alcohol? With the hurt they put their bodies through they could probably use a toke.

Anyways, beside the point, cause its against the rules. Dumb to violate them with the money thats on the line.. if Emery thinks he can straighten up then I'm all for it.
  18. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +207 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    418ß
    Funny how once we got Trestman one thing played off the other , suddenly BEARS had an elite WR corp and teams wanted our

old backup QB's. A #5 offense will do that for you , made up mostly of the same players from 2012.
  19. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +294 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    318ß

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIZAs69lEzM&feature=player_detailpage WTF .I dont know how this turned into a 70's Japanese Godzilla movie but it did . Ahwell enjoy the view .
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  20. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,096 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,176ß
    I would give you 10K thumbs ups for that vid sir, if I could....that woman's body was put together amazingly.
    • Like Like x 1