Just throwing this out there:

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2
    Chad Pennington had 5 injuries that cost him playing time throughout his career. 2 were season ending injuries, but he also 2 injuries that resulted in a minor loss of gametime. His other required a couple weeks of healing before playing again.

Jay Cutler has had 5 injuries that cost him playing time throughout his career. In 2010, he missed a game in the regular season, and half of one in the NFCC. His injury in 2011 was season ending, and he missed 1 1/2 games in 2012, and now he missed a good portion of the season, again this year.

In all, the only thing Chad has worse than Jay Cutler, in terms of being injury prone, is having one more season ending injury.

For all the crap said about Pennington around here, about him being "injury prone", I think it's dishonest to say that Jay's injuries have been "freak accidents".

Also, Chad has more playoff victories and appearances, and division titles than Jay Cutler, with far inferior coaches (Herm Edwards ((his conservative playcalling is a killer, late in the game)), Eric Mangini and Tony Sporano((probably the WORST HC/OC to coach in the NFL in a long time), and he's been able to turn around a losing team (1-15 to 11-5), unlike Cutler.

I'm not bashing Jay, but I AM letting you know, he's not been superior where it counts, and is absolutely more "injury prone".
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,276 / 3 / -6
    Are you saying Chad Pennington took over Jay Cutler?

It makes perfect sense now! No wonder Jay cannot stay healthy!
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 5 / -4
    but culter is more mobile and has the strongest arm in the history of the NFL...and is the greatest Bears qb in Bears history since Sid Luckman.....and you suck you Hater.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,355 / 8 / -0
    Chad has the bigger vagina too.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. draw2anderson35

draw2anderson35

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    And out of those 5 injuries that cost Pennington playing time, probably what 3+ were because of being on the IR b/c of his shoulder. I would say Pennington is more "injury prone" to one body part than anything else. He had numerous shoulder surgeries during his career and even eff'ed up his last comeback attempt b/c he messed up his shoulder yet again during a pick-up basketball game.
  6. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    Cutler is done. Just stop talking about him just like that loser cut by the Jets and Pats.
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 5 / -4
  8. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,276 / 3 / -6
    define done.

Done as in career...... as a Bear (meaning he wont play another game), done for season.

be more specific when you decide to troll
  9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2

You guys an view it as you want, and I knew you'd get defensive, but my point was, how can you call one "injury prone", and yet declare the other a victim of 4 straight seasons missing time. Not to mention, the amount of time they've missed IS comparable.

Just threw in the "division winning" and playoff victories as proof Jay hasn't done as much in his career, than he SHOULD have.

Not Trolling, because if I were, there would be a lack of truth to some of which I posted.
  10. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,276 / 3 / -6
    Burris has a point.

If Chadwick is injury prone.... so is Cuthead
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    Cutler's injuries are just always so damn weird/freakish. The broken thumb on an INT return (which knocked him out forever), a torn groin muscle on a fairly innocuous sack/tackle, the mondo bizarro injury in the NFC title game against GB. I think that is what most fans find so frustrating/alarming at this point.
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2
    That same excuse has been used by MANY when discussing each of Chad Pennington's arm injuries. Look it up, those were some bizarre injuries that seemed like a freak accident. Whatever it is, it's a sign that this player doesn't have what it takes to complete many 16 seasons. When you consider that Chad Pennington has 3 complete seasons, as many as Cutler (The only reason Chad Pennington didn't start every game in 2002, was because Testaverde started the first four games), so it's not really something you can disagree with at this point. If Chad Pennington = The Injured Quarterback, then Jay Cutler is right there with him.
  13. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    Henri, I am not disputing anything you have typed. I am on the verge of "being over Jay." With that having been said, I still want you to CHANGE YOU DAMN AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2
    The time will come, but until then:

[​IMG]
  15. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,276 / 3 / -6
    I think I might give myself a clown avatar :D
  16. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0

great, no sleep for me tonight. Thanks, Henri. :eek::eek::mad::(
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,355 / 8 / -0
    You should change it.

To this:

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  18. GBlaze23

GBlaze23

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I've had a few surgeries and broken bones and could never throw a football good enough to be an NFL quarterback. OMG, I'm Chad Pennington too.
  19. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2

The Point

Your Head
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,530 / 0 / -0
    Being a lifetime Bears fan, I didn't directly follow Chad Pennington's career, but FWIW, I've thought he was one heck of a good QB. He played 11 seasons, passing for over 17,000 yards. He is the all-time leader, in the history of the NFL, in completion percentage. That's one hell of a record considering he was the best of all QB's spanning over 90 seasons of NFL football! That totally blows my mind.

He was the runner-up NFL League MVP in in '08 (Peyton Manning beat him out). He has a LIFETIME qb rating in the 90's.

He has a slew of NFL awards over those 11 years. The guy, for years, has been a total class-act off the field too, with charity work that has benefited a lot of needy people in some of the poorest areas of our nation.

I've never been a Jets fan, but I've always had a lot of admiration (on and off the field) for Chad Pennington. He was a gutsy guy coming back from some tough injuries too.