KaDeem Carey very interesting.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, May 11, 2014.

1. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Anything is possible in the NFL especially when it comes to the RB position.

I wouldn't rule out anything. Forte could very well finish out his deal with Carey as a solid backup. Carey could surprise us all and end up being a stud RB that gives us the ability to cut Forte if his skills were to decline.

We just don't know either way.

I think Carey is going to be a really good RB for us. Alot of fans will be pleasantly surprised with him.

And the bottom line is that having a good young running back behind Forte gives us plenty of good options. Which coincidentally is something that the old regime never realized when the kept insisting on signing the old retreads to back up Forte.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Trackguy

Trackguy Veteran

Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    I don't think the plan is to cut Forte and replace him next year. But RBs have a tendency to not gradually decline, but to fall off a cliff in terms of production. So really, whether Forte sees that salary in 2015 depends solely on how he does this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,870 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,617ß
    Yep, I agree on this but I truly think the only way we see any decline in his play is if he's injured and tries to play through it like he did his second year. Otherwise this is a guy who keeps himself in top shape all year around and has gotten faster and stronger over the years.

I think it was laughable in that recent poll of the top 100 players he was ranked #91 and as the 9th best RB. What does he have to do to get some respect? There really isn't another RB in the NFL except for AP whose as big a contributor to the offense as a whole than Forte. I also don't see another RB that's as versatile a runner and receiver as he is.

If he stays healthy there's a good chance that he may be productive for far more than just the next two years. He's got a lot of miles on him but he seems to thrive on that and it hasn't affected his performance at all. All he's done is gotten better with each passing year. He's even improved his running between the tackles.
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +759 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    This Carey guy reminds me more of a Jerome Bettis type. More of a bulldog who is gonna drag you along for a couple yards after you make contact. More of a plodder. You are correct that he will probably not have any 50 yd runs, but he may get 50 carries with 10 + yards; Seems like for years the Bears could not stop Bettis at the goal line and he would just keep getting 4 to 6 yards a carry with Bears draped on him. I remember the last time we played Bettis him and Urlacher smashed into each other around the 3 yds line and Urlacher went bouncing off of him and Bettis went into the end zone. Not sure Carey can not be good, just a different type of runner than we are use to.
  5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    365ß
    ULTRABACK ! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha !!!

Yeah like wasting this talent as a Safety is the way to go.
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +759 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    Is Lovie back making decisions.
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,000 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,027ß
    Ya but Bettis was the size of a FB :) Dude was under 6ft and was 255lb!!! Bettis wasn't a Pitt Bull, he was a Angry Rott; unless Carey is going to add 40 lb's it's not really a fair comparison. I'd say more like a guy like MJD or Gore are more fair comparisons of guys that were more Pitt Bull like
  8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,465 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    762ß
    Yeah, i dont see him anywhere close to Bettis. If anything, Carey seems like a slightly heavier, slightly slower Ray Rice.
  9. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +759 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    I was talking more his running style of yards after contact. Not a speed guy but a guy who hits you and gets another 3 or 4 yards in response to his 4.7 - 40 time.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    35ß
    :23 28 100[1]::yeahthat[1]:
  11. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,870 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,617ß

Yeah, good idea. In every NFL city around the country fans are looking at rookies like new presents on Christmas morning tearing off the wrapping and figuring out how to work them. The old toys get shoved aside until they figure out the new GI Joe isn't as cool as the old GI Joe and doesn't do exactly what the TV advertising and the package says it does.

Then later that day one of his arms comes loose and the paint starts to come off and then they figure that maybe the old GI Joe is better after all so the new one goes on the shelf. What's wrong with having two GI Joes to go into battle with? One's a sniper you use to pick off the others guys one by one and the other packs a SAW to take 'em out a dozen at a time.

:14 6 12[1]:

Jeezus, now I'M beginning to post like jackie. Must be something in the water here.
    • Funny Funny x 1