Khaseem Greene More Prepared Now.................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Jul 30, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Khaseem Greene no longer greenhorn in second season

BY MARK POTASH Staff Reporter July 29, 2014 8:50PM

Bears Beat: Clausen, Williams impress at camp
    Chicago Sun-Times

Bears Beat: Clausen, Williams impress at camp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Related Stories

Updated: July 30, 2014 1:56AM

BOURBONNAIS — Even the best play Khaseem Greene made last year was ripped — by his own people in northern New Jersey.

In the unenviable position of replacing injured Lance Briggs at weak-side linebacker when the Bears’ defense already was in the throes of a monumental collapse, the rookie from Rutgers gave the Bears a chance to beat the Vikings at the Metrodome in Week 13 when he intercepted a pass by Matt Cassel off a deflection at the goal line and returned it 49 yards before he was tackled by Cassel.

‘‘I got a lot of heat for that,’’ said Greene, 25, a fourth-round draft pick who grew up in Elizabeth, New Jersey. ‘‘When I went home to Jersey, little kids were coming up to me like, ‘Man, you couldn’t make the quarterback miss?’ So it was a little embarrassing.’’

It was that kind of year for Greene, who found himself in the right place at the wrong time: an NFL starter, but on a defense that would allow 399 yards per game in his four starts.

‘‘I was OK; I could be a lot better,’’ he said. ‘‘I got my uncles and brothers at home, they’re big critics. They told me the same thing: ‘You could have done a lot better. You did OK. But now it’s time to put it all together — get back to playing more like you usually do.’ ’’

Greene made no excuses for the difficult circumstances surrounding his opportunity.

‘‘It’s football,’’ he said. ‘‘We know coming into it every day that these things happen. Can’t make excuses.’’
    But Greene is looking forward to showing that he has learned from the experience.

‘‘Coming into my rookie year, you don’t know what to expect,’’ Greene said. ‘‘You don’t want to make mistakes. You want to be perfect. You want everybody to know you belong. You want to impress everybody.
    ‘‘Now I’ve got my feet under me. I know what to expect and what it takes. I have a grasp of understanding the playbook. So the things I used to worry about last year as a rookie, I don’t worry about now.’’

Linebackers coach Reggie Herring said he was very pleased with Greene.

‘‘He’s making strides,’’ Herring said. ‘‘He’s improving. His weight is down. His attitude is great. His commitment is good. He has a chance to be a very good linebacker here.’’

Email: mpotash@suntimes.com
    Twitter: @MarkPotash
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,232 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    608ß
    I wonder if @menacemanic is actually here for any football. This is about his idol.
  3. menacemanic

menacemanic Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    ß
    He is my idol...I have a feeling about him..hopefully im right .....
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

Well I hope you are too because he sucked like a Kirby vacuum last year. He says he's lost weight and I see that as a good thing.