Kindred: Fast start for Trestman at microphone

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 25, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,187 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    532ß
    I liked this read from our local newspaper sports reporter.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    What a great article. I like his dry sense of humor, especially the part about "Lovie wouldn't tell you if the sun was out if it were shining in his eye". I have to remember that line as it applies to some others I know. LOL And the one about being a good coach and a person too, "Bill Belichick notwithstanding", what a great zinger. LOL

There's really not much to dislike about Trestman. I think he a guy who'll give you an outline of what he intends to do and then sets about doing it. He has no self esteem issues either and more than willing to be humble when that's what's called for. He really is a breath of fresh air and that's nice after one HC whose nickname should have been "Silent Sam" or "And We'll Just Go From There" and a one year OC who was far more of a wind bag than he was an OC. Good things he's better at picking horses than calling plays. At least he'll be able to pay his mortgage and put food on the table.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +607 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    264ß
    Very good article the only thing the reporter shouldn't through daggers about someones haircut. Because has this reporter ever looked in the mirror at his haircut himself? :eek:

What people didn't realize about Lovie is he really did know what his response should be to questions. So his responses were always aloof and without real meaning. The poor guy was so clueless and he lived by the old adage if you don't know anything don't open your mouth and reveal all doubt. Truth is Lovie had no plan or scheme why do think he changed OC like you change underwear? Because he was clueless. He didn't know how use challenges, poor clock manager, poor use of timeouts; do you see a requiring theme here? The guy was clueless and he got away with it for 9 farging years. (I can finally stop crying)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +588 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    194ß

This is my favorite line from the article! Wish this guy was writing for one of the Chicago papers. Gotta love that sense of humor.
  5. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +677 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    54ß
    So true. I used to part my hair in the middle...in the 1980's. Hey, at least he doesn't have a mullet.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SERE Bear

SERE Bear Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I am glad Lovie is gone and Trestman is here to try and pull the Bears into the 21st century of NFL offensive play. That said I could care less if the head coach stepped to the microphone and said “no comment” to every question.

I don’t think a lack of openness to the media is an affront to the fans even though the media likes to portray it to be one.
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,187 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    532ß
    For me, I'm fine if a coach doesn't reveal bigtime secrets. But I do enjoy coaches who let the fans know a bit about what's going on. A coach can do just like Trestman and show respect for the fans, by being a bit more open with the sports media. The sports media represents us, the fans, and I appreciate the questions they ask - and I really appreciate the coaches who respect us enough to be honest and open with us. And that is certainly possible (like Trestman does) without hurting the team by revealing any "secrets" .....the coaches (and players for that matter) who behave like jerks, dissing the fans, I do have a problem with that. Trestman is pure class in his dealings with people.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,317 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    597ß
    really? Dang...learn something new every day.