Kiper BEAR mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 5, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,223ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2014/4/3/5578208/mel-kiper-mocks-his-choices-for-the-chicago-bears

Have this glimpse up at windy city, I do not have access to Kipers full mock so this is the best I can see.

upload_2014-4-5_17-6-54.png

Seriously, where did Urban come from. He may not even get drafted and always late rd in all mocks I have seen and Kiper has us taking him in rd 2. HMMMM. think Mel is smoking something.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,141ß
    Bigger question why are they taking 2 DT's when they NEED a starting S?

I keep reading that the Bears don't rate S's high, but that was under Lovie and JA, we have NO IDEA how Emery/Trestman/Tucker rate them....and I'm betting it's higher then people think after last year.

3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,826ß
    Urban is a ridiculous pick. He's an Izzy size guy who doesn't spec out as DT. If we don't take Donald instead of Dennard (and I think we would) then Caraun Reid in the 3rd would be a nice fall back. He has a little more size than Donald but similar DT skills. Sure we have two 30 year old plus CBs but both are Pro Bowl level player so all Dennard does it sit.

I just gotta say that there are great CBs every year so why take one in round one THIS year and watch him sit when we could use that 2nd round pick on one instead that wild ass stab he takes at Urban. The kid is a 5 tech DE prospect not a DT and probably doesn't rate above a mid round pick.

This is Kiper getting cute again. He knows Donald should be the pick if he's there but to be different then everyone else so he can claim he called if it comes down he slides Dennard in there and then goes off an a tangent in round two. At least draft somebody we can use eh Mel.

4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,324ß
    Personally, I think this is Kiper trying to get inside Emery's head. He knows Emery always surprises, and is trying to figure out what the surprise picks are

• Like Like x 1
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    My vote for an "Emery-surprise" pick in the 1st (and I'm not saying this is who I WANT him to take but merely who I could see him picking knowing what we know about his style) is Hageman.

He's the Kyle Long equivalent this year on the D side--upside, huge athleticism, versatility, but with a thin resume of college production. He's the classic "future potential over current production" type of gamble. I hope Emery lets some other team take that risk farther down but if I had to guess an Emery dark horse, he would be it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,826ß
    It's more of Kiper's own head that a surprise to many. If you look at Phil's draft history though he always has drafted for need with his top picks, never BPA. McClellin/Jeffery, Long/Bostic maybe by the 3rd or 4th he may depart from his pattern but those first two he always looks for starters at positions of need. The what is never as much of a surprise as the who.

7. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,826ß
    Well that would surely be a who surprise. He's far more a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DT, especially 3 tech guy. I'd rather he skip over guys like him and look at the second tier guys who do play 3 tech DT like Quarles, Sutton, Reid, and maybe the kid from LSU but he's more like Jernigan. I'd even rather have Jernigan than Hageman.

8. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    It's a common misconception that teams draft "pure BPA" in the high rounds. It's always talked about as the ideal but in reality most teams don't have the luxury of passing up a player they otherwise like at a position of major need for a player who might be a tad more "BPA" in some others' opinion who plays a position that the roster already has well covered. In the first round or two, way more teams draft with need firmly in mind than they're willing to admit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I'm in total agreement, Soul. I'm merely saying he seems like the kind of prospect Emery could take a flyer on. I hope he doesn't either.

10. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,826ß
    Me too he has a pretty big bust factor attached him and he's gonna need a lot of work to learn how to use than big old body of his. I'd let somebody take him who has their line set and can develop him. He could be great or he could fail completely.