Kiper & McShay Mock Draft 2.0 - Both now have us taking DT Timmy Jernigan

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 6, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,798ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    How would you guys feel about it if we did take him at #14?

[​IMG]

2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,798ß
    This from the Chicago Tribune:

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    ILB is stil a bigger concern imo, and I don't see the S depth being as deep as the DT/DE depth. CB ya, OLB ya(not that olb is needed).

I don't see them automatically taking a DT/DE, although it will be hard to pass up if Dix and Pryor are gone. As for Jernigan, I don't really have an issue w/him anymore then Nix and Hagemen, and b/c of Nix's knee inj I'd put him higher.

4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,625ß
    ILB is a concern, but nowhere near as important as DL. With a good DL, it makes the rest of the defense look better.

• Like Like x 3
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    But DL is deeper and you can get high performing talent in the 2nd and 3rd round, and you will not find ILB there in those same rounds.

6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,798ß
    It will be interesting to see who we sign in FA, and to see who we let go from our existing roster.

• Like Like x 1
  7. latorreedgar

latorreedgar Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    EXACTLY!! If HA HA is available you take him. The Bears need to replace 2 safeties and I could see the Bears signing on DL then drafting another in the second round. Maybe moving up if one good one drops

8. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    615ß
    I wouldn't have a problem with Jernigan. The guy is a stud. Personally, I like Hageman the most, but I do have a bit of a concern about his height. His frame would be great for getting his hands in the air and knocking down passes with his ginormous paws, but I'm afraid his leverage and pad level will get him in trouble at this level.

I tend to agree with those that prefer Clinton-Dix, but if he's gone, I think Jernigan would really help us; there are a LOT of guys that can really help us as there is no single right way to go about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    615ß
    Some things transcend football and the actions of Charles Tillman over the years does just that. Let me be honest, there are average people out here in the world that do things to help their fellow man as well, and no one knows them or knows what they do. However, in the modern NFL there are so many damn "me" jerks and actual criminals that I have honestly questioned why I even bother to care about football anymore. As a result, Tillman's actions over the years (and those of others like him) have the effect of restoring my faith; that I can still enjoy this game and cheer for my team without feeling like I need to take a shower afterwards.

When we hear of these guys getting in trouble with the law, weather it be beating their women or actually killings someone (and many other things in between), we often excuse the activity by suggesting "they are football players, not choir boys, as long as they perform, maybe we can get him at a discount", well, I have a problem with that. Not that I look down on anyone for thinking that, but I personally have a problem cheering for a team that has given a platform for some of these dregs. Charles provides a welcome contrast to those feelings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    615ß
    Sorry about the above post. This was supposed to be in the Charles Tillman thread. Not sure how it got here. No, I have not been drinking anything but coffee this morning.

• Like Like x 3