Kyle Long Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BelieveInMonsters, Nov 21, 2013.

1. BelieveInMonsters

Ratings:
    +324 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    162ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I have to say I love the way this kid plays. Toughness, grit, determination, nastiness, intelligent, extremely talented, still has potential, and shows an ability/willingness to learn on the job. He also respects and appreciates the history of the organization he plays for.

In my 30+ years of watching football I have never taken to an offensive lineman. I have appreciated what O-linemen have done over the years but, I can honestly say that Kyle is my current favorite Chicago Bear for the reasons mentioned above.

I am pumped for his match up this weekend vs his brother Chris. I also appreciate the occasional presence of HOFer Howie and his wife Diane in the media and close to the Bears as well.

Barring any fluke things happening to Kyle, *knock on wood* he has an extremely bright future ahead for our Chicago Bears ball club.

What are your thoughts on the young man?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,664 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,530ß
    Too bad (or maybe a good thing for some) that we lost the draft thread where people were complaining about pick

• Like Like x 1
  3. BelieveInMonsters

Ratings:
    +324 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    162ß
    Would love to see some of the Hub Arkush like responses in that thread but sadly it predates my time here.

Like Hub, I hope those who posted in that thread love the crow stuffed crow with mashed crow-tatoes on the side and topped with crow gravy.

4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,754 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    820ß
    I disliked the pick at first (wanted Eifert) and am more than happy to eat crow. Keep it comin'

• Like Like x 2
  5. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    759ß
    [​IMG]

Here ya go.

Hey Kyle, I appreciate all you've done for the Bears. Keep it up! And help your line-mates see the light! We all love the taste of crow lately...

• Like Like x 1
  6. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +399 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    200ß
    I think that 90% of Bears Fans thought Kyle was a "reach". I never thought he was going to be a wasted pick, but I also questioned if he was worthy of a 1st round pick.

So glad to be proven wrong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BelieveInMonsters

Ratings:
    +324 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    162ß
    Can anyone tell me how Kyle 's career thus far compares to the linemen drafted ahead of him?

8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,086 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,660ß
    What impresses me the most is his attitude. Sure, he has the athleticism and the tangibles to play OL, but that is expected. No, its the attitude that impressed me. Before the season, they had vids on bears.com showing the rookie training camp, and he said all the right things: humble, but respectful, excited to play for chicago and under trestman. And once the season started, i have seen him fiercely defend Jay. That took me by surprise, usually you dont see/expect a rookie to stand up nose to nose to a vet Defensive player, but Kyle is willing to do that, he is not scared of anyone. If an opposing team tries to get in a cheap shot on our QB, you can bet Kyle will be the first one in line to kindly explain why that is not a good idea.

• Like Like x 4
  9. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +419 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    350ß
    first of all, it is really not important, but as we are being honest, as some of u remeber i loved the pick from day 1, and im happy to say i was right :10_5_135[1]:

10. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,086 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,660ß
    I think most of us knew that it was a gamble, but one with a lot of upside. We knew that Kyle had the potential to be great, and when he shifts to Tackle, i think he will be even better.

Whats really shocking is Jordan Mills...nobody saw that one coming, that was a bargain steal.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2