Kyle Long calls fans unintelligent

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Sep 8, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,880 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    @Ky1eLong: For the fans that put blame on one guy or another - we win as a team and we lose as a team. Keep your unintelligent thoughts to yourself.
  2. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,880 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    Good words- win as a team, lose as a team.

But attacking the fans is a no no.

Tillman did this yesterday too.
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    766ß
    Some of the players did not take the loss well. There was talk about how silent the team was in the locker room.

Some on the forum have said the loss was no big deal. The loss to the Bills considering where the Bills sit in the pecking order, where the Bears expected to be, how they expected to play on O and D, the rest of their opponents, etc.....
    and that loss was huge. The players knew it too and they took it hard. They expected to win. Now they need to set their jaw and do their best for the rest of the season. The coaches also need to get it together. The O did not play up to the level of talent, and the DL did not also.

Trestman is in charge of both and I'm starting to wonder about him.

They need to get the engine firing on all cylinders.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß

Perhaps Kyle Long should heed his own advice.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,986 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,001ß
    Long should keep his emotions in check, and maybe play a little better on the field, b/c Cutler was feeling pressure all day.

Cutler is paid as 54 mil to be a franchise qb, and he played like just another guy, he gets more blame regardless.
    Conte hasn't been good for 2 years, and had a very up and down game, he's going to get heat.
    the DL was paid a lot of money, and didn't do much, their going to get heat.
    The entire LB core was invisible to bad yesterday, it was a group under fire since last year, they are going to get heat.
    Marshal had 1, and damn near 2, fumbles, the 1st was a bad fumble that shouldn't have happened.

Happy Long, not just 1 or 2 players. Now take your happy ass back to the locker room w/the rest of the players and figure out how to play better as a team.
  6. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,880 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    Sticking up for and defending your teammates is the right thing to do.

But you NEVER attack the fans
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Seqq34

Seqq34 Veteran

Ratings:
    +63 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    What's the big deal!?!

He is 100% right and for those say you NEVER attack fans, are you kidding? Have you ever seen some of the ridiculous things said by fans? LoL some fans need to be beat with a big stick of Hickory...

He didn't address this to all the fans, just the stupid ones...
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,457 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    758ß
    Theoretically, yes...he is right, they win or lose as a team. If Jay throws an INT, its still up to the defense to stop the other team from scoring, so both could be blamed.

However, thats still no reason why we cant analyze the game and pinpoint individual players who did things that contributed to the loss, things they need to correct, or do better at. To suggest this kind of critique is "unintelligent" is a load of horse shit, and kyle can shut the fuck up about it. I will criticize any damned player i want, if i feel their play on the field deserves it. They are PROFESSIONAL athletes, and guess what...just like anyone else who is a professional at something, their individual performance is going to be reviewed by others.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    I believe, he was expressing his feelings and frustration about the loss. I am glad to see the passion in him. Nobody likes to lose, myself included. I am a Bear fan and support the team win or lose. I agree you win or lose as a team, and blaming individuals is only an expression of frustration.
  10. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,457 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    758ß
    He's a team player, he will stick up and defend any of his teammates. I still remember one of my earliest memories of him last season was when an opposing D was getting rough with Jay, and almost started a fight, and Kyle jumped in and defended his QB, pushing him back and not taking any crap.

So, i can respect where he's coming from. Still...he needs to learn when to shut his mouth and NOT say anything at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    Hmm, not sure what to think about it, hes young, lets let it slide this time, if Trestman explains a few things to him
  12. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +934 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    493ß
    Here's the problem:

Did the Bears players just think they could turn "on" their playing skills? Honestly, fans have been complaining about how the performances have really looked bad. Yeah, it's preseason, it wasn't Mel Tucker calling the plays, Mel Tucker wasn't using his system etc.. The excuses go on and on.

However THE BEARS HAVE LOOKED EXACTLY HOW THEY PERFORMED since the first preseason game.

So honestly, where the hell do the Bears players think they are? Clearly they feel they are better. There is ZERO hype or energy on the field.
    Players are pulling up short on defense. The players just aren't going FULL SPEED. You can see it. They're saving gas in the tank for some reason.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,986 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,001ß
    Ski, I agree w/the premise, but to be fair, of the 3 sides, only the D looked better then they did in pre season, if not by much. The O looked awful, the ST's is what I expected, but the D did enough in 4 qtr's for the Bears O to ass pound the Bills into submission, instead the O completely shat the bed.
  14. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    284ß
    Perhaps he's taking a page out of Urlachers book? LOL! Either way, he's right, but he could have said it better. Theres a saying that goes "Think before you tell me what you think".
  15. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,880 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    He's young, Jay is Jay... But what about Tillman?

Tillman on Chris Conte/criticism: "He's a great player. That's you guys (media). That's your fault. You all do all that."

Basically blaming the media for the fans hate of Conte... Also kinda telling the fans to shut it
  16. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    284ß
    I respect it. Conte gets a lot of heat...not all of it deserved and Tillman is sticking up for his guy.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß

Conte is a good player sometimes. Sometimes he is not. On the Fred Jackson run, clearly he was not, and that was a critical play.

It seems wrong to me to blame Bears fans for being upset by sub-standard performance.
  18. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    284ß
    No, the Fred Jackson play has really nothing to do with Conte. That play is squarely on the d-line and linebackers. Conte had to track him down from the other side of the field. Him getting trucked by Jackson didn't change the result that already occurred.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    256ß
    Exactly.
    By the time Jackson reached Conte (or vise versa) the game was over. The front 7 whiffed. It's ridiculous that this Bears O was so disappointing that it needed a last minute FG just to force OT and scored only 1 TD after it's very first possession AT HOME against a crap team like Buffalo.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    55ß
    He better get used to it. The fans pay his salary and the more they lose, the more unintelligent they will get.
    • Like Like x 1