Kyle Long on NFL top 15 rookie list

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ZifanQ, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    '
    What I think is interesting is where is Cooper/Warmack? It seems like it was good for the Bears they didn't have the chance to pick one of those and instead was forced to pick another guard, Kyle Long.

Quite surprised to see Brown and Manti Te'o as biggest disappointments, ofcause we still have to see what our MLB rookie can do, but I expected us to pick Brown if we had a choice and I think many others also did if my memory is corret. I didn't expect Lacy to be that high on the list either, and I would really have loved to see Mills on that list, a 5th round pick as starting RT and doing a decent job? But then again I'm biased and havn't reviewed every game and focused his play.

Thoughts?
  2. WarLax

WarLax Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    18ß
    As I recall, Emery claimed that Long was their guy from the start after the draft. Kyle Long tested off the charts, the most athletic lineman in the past 10 or 12 years I believe he said. If you take what he said at face value, we weren't "forced" into picking Kyle Long at all, he was our guy all along.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,111 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    135ß
    Cooper was picked 7th by the Cards here in AZ. They have been snake-bitten on OL even worse that we have been in the past. Coop frcatured his ankle in week 2 or so and is out for the year. Really bad break.

Alonso would have been a sweet pickup for us and a lot of guys on the board were talking about him being a sleeper. But I'm glad we chose who we did over Brown and Teo.
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +282 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    Wonder where he would be if he would have started at LT?
  5. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    I just don't wanna jinx it by talking about it lol.
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +596 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    234ß
    If Jerry Angelo was here Luke Joeckel would have been the Bears pick he was just that good at finding the worst possible pick. I would go to Angelo ask who he his picks for coming draft would be and scratch all those players.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Just think with him and Mills we have already fixed the right side of the Offensive Line. All we need is a C.