Kyle Long Seen as Emerging Star in Camp........

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 5, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,323 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    366ß
    JP/Ric, I brought up that possibility a few months ago on the old boards (Slauson eventually playing C). IIRC, he played C a game or two in his career with the Jets and I'm glad to read that he's getting 2nd team reps there in camp so far. I gotta believe Ric is right about Garza being kept around mostly because of Cutler-comfort and to keep some continuity on an OL that is seeing a lot of turnover.

We debated this C issue to death leading up to the draft. Garza is a so-so C at best and he's at the tail end of his career. We didn't draft one and all we have behind him now is EWill (who sucks) and two scrubs (a udfa and Boggs). The latter two are probably fighting for a potential PS spot at best. If Slauson can be a 2nd string C, I think EWill gets cut and maybe Lonergan gets stored on the scout team. Playing/backing up C eventually maybe Slauson's ticket to a 2014 contract to stay in Chicago which he sounded like he wanted (I think his wife is from the area).
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    :)

I am satisfied with a legitimate competition for the RG spot. May the best player win.
  3. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Hey I'm with you on this McClellin experiment joke the Bears are playing. I think he would be a great LB anywhere on the field. I just hope Emery comes to his senses and realizes that he's not playing Madden...
  4. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Garza has actually held down the fort at C. I'm surprised with all the Garza hate when Cutler was getting dropped not because of the interior li9ne but because of the poor play at the T spots. Considering what the Bears asked a pure G to do...Garza has done a heck of a job. He's bought the Bears time until they are willing to spend money or a high draft pick on a C. And when he played G for us, he was very solid in the run & pass game.
  5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,276ß
    Let's see when it at least half way matters... game one of preseason
  6. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Mr. D,

Funny you mention Madden because at a job interview I was last week the guy interview me and I we're discussion this very same topic. It is time to move McClellin to WLB and if needed once Briggs is out and Greene starts flip them if needed with Bostic staying in the middle. Before anyone asks yes I did get the job.

I still think that Slauson is the oh sh!t plan if Garza goes down kill fast. With the other G (I am having a brain fart at the moment) moving over to LG.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL Now that's my kind of job interview...where you get to talking about the Bears. I hope things went well for you bud.
  8. JoeBlow

JoeBlow Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Ageed. Slausen to center next year and Brown and Long could be the guards for a long time. And the tackles for some time.
    Draft a center next year. :3_11_3[1]: