La Canfora’s Gut Says Josh McCown Lands With Vikings

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Mar 7, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    Just wondering does anybody think Heyden or Rosario deserve more than the league Minimum salary cap friendly deal they got. I would like to hear it now so we can cut through the hindsight is 20/20 vision discussion going on next yr. If one of them have a breakthrough yr we will be discussing this again.
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,000 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,151ß
    For these guys league minimum is more than enough. Hayden should never have been brought back anyway.
  3. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +933 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    780ß
    I use facts, you just refuse to accept them. You throw out ridiculous statements like "Weems can't return kicks" when that's specifically what he did and more before he came here. FACTS. But whatever. Lastly...are you really gonna compare Campbell's career to McCown? Seriously? As I said, a guy who before last year threw more interceptions than td's vs. a guy who never had a year in the NFL where he threw more int's than td's, a guy who's never thrown for 3,000 yards vs a guy who has done it multiple times, a guy who's a career backup vs a guy who was a starter in the league, a guy who was out of football the year before vs a guy who wasn't, a guy who before last year whose highest QB rating was 74 vs a guy who's low was 72(but was routinely in the mid 80's), these are FACTS. And while McCown had success last year for Chicago and Campbell didn't, you can't argue that they are two very different Chicago teams. These are facts, you can choose to keep ignoring them if you like. Nothing about those FACTS says McCown should have gotten 2 years. He was signed to a 1 year deal in 2011, 2012(and was cut in August) and again last year. These are FACTS. So while in HIND SIGHT it seems now like it would have been a good idea to sign him to two years, nothing about our history with him says that ever was or should have been the case, especially since we cut him once.

As for the cap implications, what would have been the effects of a 2 year deal? I'm no cap genius so I don't know.
  4. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    56ß
    I highly doubt McCown goes to the Vikings. Vikings plan on drafting a QB in the first round, and already have Cassell signed to a tow year contract.
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Nope. Hayden is a NB brought in to compete with Frey and give us some vet depth in the secondary. He's experienced but has an injury history and he's aging. Rosario is mainly a STeam guy who can play the HB/Move TE role and he's here in case we can't resign Costanzo. He's a good kick coverage guy with a DeCamillis connection. Another guy I'd like to see them bring back is McManis.
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    You misquoted me on Weems and I'm done debating it with you. I indicated that he had done very little of it in Chicago and when he did he was nowhere near Hesters equal. If you believe that you're a fucking idiot. Hester has a shot at the HOF and Weems is a STeams guy who hasn't even earned his contract!

I compared the QB ratings and the contracts signed by those QBs and as I pointed out McCown was affordable the others were not. If you want to go dig up other stats to try and prove your point you got right ahead. McCown was an experienced vet who was a bargain any way you look at it. Besides we had no one else and look around, outside of an woefully untested Jordan Palmer we still don't.

You asked me to address some things and I and did. You don't have to buy into any of it and since it doesn't coincide with what you'd like to believe I'm sure you won't. That's you're right. Buy when I spend time doing what you ask and then you want to disregard the proof I posted that confirms it and just put it down without anything that counters but your own lousy OPINIONS then you can go fuck yourself.

I'm done debating this anything else with you period. You're a bonehead and I'd be better off to simply ignore your posts.
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,661 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,840ß
    watch the personal attacks and language Soul, just b/c he doesn't agree w/you doesn't make him anything but disagreeing w/you. You don't like people calling names if I remember correctly, no reason for you to either.

Weems stats aren't even comparable while in Chicago b/c he's had a fraction of the touches, 19 in 2 years is equivalent to what Hester had in Punt returns last year alone. It's like asking the backup rb to have the yards or average of the starting RB, or the 6th WR or backup TE to have the similar stats to the starters; it won't happen b/c they don't have the chances to break the long ones. Of course you know that, but it really doesn't suit your argument so you'll gladly ignore it.

Butkus you are a truly lucks SoB, you get the fortune of Soul ignoring your posts. You'll no longer have the bear the long egotistical rants against your "ignorant" posts. You truly blessed person, God smiles upon your soul.:7_4_14[1]:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +933 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    780ß
    Geez...no need to get so heated. All I said was that Weems was capable of returning kicks and he had done so in his career. I never said he was Hester's equal, or better than Hester, but his stats in the area indicate he can do it quite well. I also pointed out that he does more than just return kicks, which Hester does not, thus his ability to do more makes him currently more valuable to the team. If you don't understand why that makes him more valuable I don't know what to tell you...stop being so emotional. You pointed to his time in Chicago, which to me is ridiculous, because he was not brought here to be the main return man, we had one of those already. Whatever...if I remember correctly you were very high on the Weems signing, but because of the reset I have no way of proving it. As for your "proof", if I thought it was valid proof I'd admit it...you're not the first person on this board who I have disagreed with, and I have had no problem admitting if I was wrong, ask Ric. I got upset because you cherry picked stats you thought proved your point while totally ignoring the many that didn't. Further, McCowns QB rating was inflated because of his 109 rating last year...not exactly a great barometer.

This is what a message board is...conversation...discussion...and this may be a news flash, but people won't always agree, and won't always see things your way. Just because you presented what you think were facts and I didn't see it your way, and presented facts that disprove yours doesn't mean you can call me names. I didn't call you any names, and didn't attack you personally. If you can't handle it, perhaps you shouldn't post on a board period. I can handle being wrong...I'm a big boy...I have thick skin(just like you said you did...although now...), and I can admit it when I am wrong. I'm sorry that you're taking this so personally...I'll continue to respond to your posts because this is what adults do, move on from disagreements. You can ignore mine...thats fine by me, but it would be better if you didn't....I think discussion and disagreement make for a better board. How boring would this place be if we all agreed all the time. Either way...enjoy brotha.:13_4_9[1]:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. EternalChampion

EternalChampion Veteran

Ratings:
    +177 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    221ß
    La Canfora's gut is his only NFL source.