Ladies, Gentlemen & Bear Fans: The Packers lost

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by The Benjamin, Sep 22, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,048 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,287ß
    They are now 1-2

2. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +706 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    320ß
    Are you really saying that Bears fans are not ladies or gentlemen????
  3. Evernight

Evernight Rookie

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    That's what happens when Rodgers plays one of the worst games of his career.
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,361 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    Putting aside the 8 sloppy turnovers and neither QB being fully "dialed in", I was struck by a few things surrounding the key deciding point of the game.

1) the initial spot the zebras gave Cobb on that 3rd down was horseshit too generous. He was easily a half yard short and I'm glad the review refs are starting to overturn bad spot calls on the field. Seemed like those challenges were not taken seriously before this year.

2) I have to question McCarthy's decision making on 4th. I would have lined up to go for it and had Rodgers hard count to draw an offside. First, he's good at it and, second, the Bengals are a sometimes un disciplined team who might have bit. If they didn't, then call a TO. If you still want to go for it, I'm not sure running straight up the middle with a rookie against a stout DL behind a suspect OL is the best call (even though it less than a yard to go).

3) it's pretty obvious that GB has little confidence in Mason Crosby. It would have been a 47 yd FG, no chip shot but make-able. We are pretty spoiled with Robbie who hits that kick 80+% of the time. No brainer call for Trestman but McCarthy twice chose not to risk it from the 30. There's a big psychological difference for an opposing offense knowing it MUST have a late 4th Q TD rather than "a TD to win, a FG to tie". If you don't trust your kicker to make clutch FGs, then why is he still on your team?

Unrelated:
    The PF call against Cincy for roughing Rodgers was bullshit. AR seems to get a lot of those "gifts" especially when he fails to convert a key 3rd down. I'm glad the refs compensated for it later with a questionable late hit call on GB. Clearly a makeup call.
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,361 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    He wasn't his best but he wasn't bad. There were a few drops and one pick was on Jones not him. I'd say the GB OL did a pretty decent job against a damn good DL. I thought it was going to be a sackfest. Considering how long they were on the field thanks to their O's inability to hold onto the ball, I'd say the Cincy D did a damn good job not getting worn down and folding.
  6. Evernight

Evernight Rookie

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    You know what I love more than shitting away 30 unanswered points? Everything. Fuck this game. I love Rodgers but holy shit he played badly. The defense was terrible then good then terrible again. The only bright spot was our running game but obviously God saw that we finally had more than one decent runner instead of zero and decided to kill all three of them. Looking at the schedule to start the season, I hated the week 4 bye. Now, it's possibly the best thing that could have happened to us so our players can unfuck themselves and hopefully get ready for a solid push the remainder of the season.
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,361 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    You're having a rough day I know but you might want to consider that the Bungles did everything they could to hand you the game with a pathetic offensive performance except at the two extreme ends of the game. 4 straight turnovers. Dalton was nowhere near as sharp as he was in Chicago two weeks ago. Green and Gresham were held in check. The Pack should have been down 24-3 at half. And remember that Cincy's D is pretty strong and didn't give up the big plays you're used to seeing Rodgers hit a couple times per week.
  8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,048 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,287ß
    Well.... Some don't act like it ;)
  9. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +661 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    442ß
    He has a long way to go to top Jay Cutlers worst games vs the packers. lol
  10. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

GET USED TO It
  11. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    HOWYABOUT THAT Great 4th down call WHEN,..they should have kicked the FG ,.. 2 blown calls by McCarthy COuld it be those calls are the reason for their 2 losses ,.. today's bad call most certainly played out that way.

Must not have any confidence in Crosby,.... OOOOOPs OR he didn't trust his D to hold them driving down to win the game if they had kicked the FG

Oh bu t the Packer won the Divsion the last two years ,STUFFFFF IT ! ! ! !

ENOY YER Memories