lance louis released by dolphins

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by beardownboilerup, Aug 27, 2013.

1. beardownboilerup

beardownboilerup

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  2. a_miljan

a_miljan

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    ohhh, thats a surprise... he was our best o-liner last year, maybe that injury got to him
  3. a_miljan

a_miljan

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    it looks like that weasel emery knows what hes doing. goddamn!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. little bear

little bear

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    Rival Team Forum, please. ;-)
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 5 / -4
    why it's a former bear player and the poster wants to discuss the possibility of him coming back to the bears; in that instance it should be in the bears forum.

that being said, I remember he was one of the one people were throwing a fit about losing luis, what's it mean when Miami doesn't want him?
  6. short faced bear

short faced bear

Ratings:
    +1,068 / 0 / -1
    If Louis was an accurate read then it stands to reason that Carimi was as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mdbearz

mdbearz

Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Well, it just shows you how bad our o-line really has been. Our star player last year can not even make a poor teams 53.

But I still wonder if he could help us?

Brown , Slauson and Long are all solid but not any depth beyond that. Just wondering how many linemn we can carry.

Still....
    • Like Like x 1
  8. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    I'd prefer a second interior backup be a capable Center and Guard. I was fairly certain Edwin was that guy, but I haven't heard a thing about him and he's just been alright against backups at G. I've heard Britton is getting C reps, but if he's anywhere near as bad there as he's been at RT, then it's pointless. Boggs do damn thing for me.
  9. soulman

soulman

Ratings:
    +848 / 0 / -0

Could well be LB. Carimi may turn out to be damaged goods. I'm a little surprised by this because on Louis' part it sure wasn't a lack of ability. Until he was hurt he was our best lineman.

At this point in time I really don't know why we'd bring him back. Long has RG sewed up and that's Louis' spot. I also don't see him being as versatile at RG and RT as Britton. And.......the final nail in his coffin is that he's one of Tice's boys and Phil is slowly or not so slowly ridding himself of that bunch.
  10. soulman

soulman

Ratings:
    +848 / 0 / -0
    EWill has looked awful when I've seen him. I'm thinking they'll keep Britton over him and Brown and either Scott or Webb as the 8 linemen.
  11. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 5 / -4
    Last week someone mentioned that Ebon was looking like a near lock to make the team until he had to spend time playing LT, which he failed miserably at...now no one is quite sure where the team has him at, and a lot depends on who they keep. Do they keep Scott and Webb and Brown, or do they keep Scott or Webb, Brown and Ebon...not sure anyone has a real good idea on that right now, at least none that i've read or heard.
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,533 / 0 / -0
    It goes to show you just how bad our OL was last year. Louis was arguably our best OL last year. He can't even make the roster at Miami. No wonder we have 4 new starting OL.

I agree with the previous poster too, that Emery really seems to know talent. It's beautiful to watch our OL work this pre-season. Night and day better than anything I've seen here in Chicago in years.
  13. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

Ratings:
    +379 / 0 / -0
    To come back from ACL tear like Lance this quick would have been amazing and then get back to O-line ready would have been a miracle. That's why Emery let him go there's just no way anyone would have the confidence with his body size and to push another 300lb+ man off a line of scrimmage. I know Peterson did it but that guy is a freak of nature. Most normal people need a good year to fully recover ask Rose that's just the way it is, again unless you're a freak.
  14. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    Indeed. It's quite an achievement for a 320 lb athlete to rebound from major knee surgery in above average time. The fact that he's out there playing now is satisfying enough for his recovery. He was an at least average RG last year, and showed the ability to hang at RT in an emergency the season before. I'm sure some team will take a shot on him.
  15. short faced bear

short faced bear

Ratings:
    +1,068 / 0 / -1
    LB? I don't think he would want me posin' as him buddy. :p
  16. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I seem to recall calling this...not that I'm particularly happy about it. Perhaps he'll be healthy by midseason for an injury pickup?
  17. AtomicTommy

AtomicTommy

Ratings:
    +1,878 / 11 / -1
    Sucks for him, horrible way to go out like he did... he was a baller... I was really hoping he would rebound. He couldn't play there, he can't play here. Move on. Emery looks smart, yet again.
  18. Tarkus

Tarkus

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Still wonder if he'd look a bit better under our better OL scheme. Emery didn't have that before. & of course if he's over the injury.

Depth from a known source is never a bad thing if it's the best option out there at a cheap cost.
  19. Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger Guest

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    NO PASS EMERY WINS AGAIN
    • Like Like x 1