Last camp practice in ONU

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 13, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    ZZ: EBennnett/Melton/Cheta/Unga/Manelly/Scott/Allen/DJ Williams not practicing

Biggs: Shorts and pads today.

Mullins: DJ Williams hobbling on inj'd calf

ZZ: Trestman playing DB in practice.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    Adam Hoge on 670 talking. Said the biggest new Bear is Trestman. Hoge said that the biggest thing is that Trestman can coach. At times last year there were issues w/calls getting in, and confusion about the call, and no issues so far like that w/Trestman. It seems that Trestman has a plan. He doesn't appeared to be overmatched, everyone seems on board and buying in. Trestman does spend time w/D as well as O, but 90% of D is all Tucker.

Rookie class is going to have an imidiate impact. Green/Bostic/Long all day one players. Said Wilson is looking very much like Anderson did in last years camp; BUT Anderson could contribute on ST's day 1, and Wilson has a higher ceiling; both have to make the team though b/c Neither would not clear waivers. EBennett and his concussion is going to be an issue(talking about DA and Weems and which one might be cut). Hardin is on the bubble. Zib is probably cut, and is behind Hardin and w/Tom Nelson.

DeCamillis and Trestman were not upset w/Hester taking the kickoff 9yards in the endzone b/c he has limited chances in pre season and in practice to field live kickoffs. Trestman said he had freedom to do what he chose and thought if he had made one last guy miss that Hester was gone.

Bostic might win job if Williams continues to struggle w/this injury. Cheta is a bubble guy, Kyle Moore is ahead of him. If Fendi can block he will make the team, said he's not playing TE but playing H-Back.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    http://www.hubarkush.com/2013/08/13/observations-from-1st-hour-of-tuesdays-bears-practice/ak9xbxp/
    Observations from 1st hour of Tuesday's Bears practice
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:18 a.m. CDT
    For the final practice in Bourbonnais, the Bears are not in full pads – they had been padded up for every practice since July 28.
    In terms of injuries, Harvey Unga, Armando Allen, Patrick Mannelly and D.J. Williams are all out. Earl Bennett, Henry Melton and Jonathan Scott are not present.
    Like we saw in last week's practice prior to the preseason game, the Bears are working from the sideline during team drills and putting an emphasis in practicing getting on and off the field efficiently.
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    Jeff Dickerson: Tim Jennings Int in redzone off Jayc Cutler
  5. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    ESPN 1000 Robert Klemko talking about the Bears:

Forte is going to have a larger role then anyone really understands. The key to the div is going to be the D and how many 30-20 games you can win. Says Det will be much better then people think, and that Izzy will be huge this year. Said Leslie Fraiser is not convinced their D will be better then last year. Said the Bears are a 7 or 9 win team and he has them winning the Div next year.
  6. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    Chicago Bears Buzz: Zach Minter has impressed Tucker
    ZZ: Trestman stated Marshal/Peppers will likely play this week
    Biggs: Scott had his RT knee drained, Tresty said he's doing better and will be back soon
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,660ß
    I think if they did the same to Webb's head, things would get better.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +786 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    434ß
    Can't drain empty space.

Good news...
    • Like Like x 3
  9. butka

butka Veteran

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    Interesting. I would have guessed that bong resin, half digested taffy, and a happy meal toy would have fallen out.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    Dan Pompei on 670 said he wouldn't be suprised if any of the 4 teams won the NFCN, but clear favorites have to be GB b/c of Rogers.
    Said you cannot get a feel of the Trestman/Cutler relationship b/c of how all OC's have had good relationships to start w/Cutty.
    Said he wouldn't be suprised if Scott becomes the starting RT, but it is wide open right now.
  11. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    http://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...ing-camp-8-13-practice-recap-last-day-of-camp
    Bears Training Camp: 8/13 Practice Recap (Last day of Camp Trestman!)
    By Lester A. Wiltfong Jr.@wiltfongjr on Aug 13 2013, 11:54a 5
    [​IMG]
    Grant Halverson
    Stay connected for news and updates Follow @WindyCGridiron
    Today was the final day of the inaugural Camp Trestman. Tomorrow the Chicago Bears will be in Bourbonnais to break camp, and to simply get the heck out of there. Here's a recap of Tuesday's practice. Thanks Twitter!
    Tweet Share 5 Comments
    The Chicago Bears did not practice in full pads today, the first time they didn't go full gear since it was permitted. Perhaps Marc Trestman wanted to give his team a break after such a viscous, and efficient practice yesterday. And speaking of yesterday, if you missed that recap. here's the link.
    Here's a list of who didn't practice today.
    WR - Earl Bennett (concussion) - Marc Trestman has been in daily contact with his slot WR
    DT - Henry Melton (concussion) - Nate Collins is taking advantage of the extra reps at the 3-tech DT
    DE - Cheta Ozogwu (hamstring) - he hurt his hammy yesterday
    RB - Harvey Unga (rib) - I thought he helped himself in the 1st game, he needs to get back on the field
    RB - Armando Allen (hamstring) - the Bears have plans to utilize his skills, hopefully he's back soon
    LS - Patrick Mannelly (rib) - nothing will prevent The Mann from playing week 1
    LB - D.J. Williams (calf) - I'll assume he'll be inserted back as the starting Mike backer, but you never know
    OT - Jonathan Scott (knee) - spent the day with the team doctors, and had his knee aspirated (drained), he's expected back next week
    Wide out Joe Anderson did have that MRI yesterday after practice, and the results were negative.
    In case you missed it, the Bears signed a running back yesterday, former Charger Curtis Brinkley, and they waived wide out Marcus Rucker.
    Now on to some tasty tweets.
    Rookies Kyle Long and Jordan Mills getting all the 1st team reps on the right side. #Bears
    — Rafer Weigel (@RaferWeigel) August 13, 2013
    #Bears practicing quick FGs with the clock winding down.
    — Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) August 13, 2013
    #Bears head coach Marc Trestman playing the role of defensive back in practice: pic.twitter.com/oT9yihZtDH
    — Zach Zaidman (@ZachZaidman) August 13, 2013
    Tim Jennings with a redzone INToff Jay Cutler. Jennings runs length of field for score then does a nice little dance.
    — Jeff Dickerson (@ESPNChiBears) August 13, 2013
    #Bears Brandon Marshall broke off his route in the end zone resulting in Tim Jennings picking off Cutler pic.twitter.com/viiB62J3g4
    — Rafer Weigel (@RaferWeigel) August 13, 2013
    McCown great pass to Tolliver . Threading needle between coverage. #BearsTalk
    — Kip Lewis (@csnkiplewis) August 13, 2013
    This picture of @BMarshall stretching was my favorite pic I took during camp. Has a #Bears Full Metal Jacket feel. pic.twitter.com/gT1Jn8odkI
    — Jack M Silverstein (@readjack) August 13, 2013
    Sounds like Brandon Marshall, Julius Peppers and Joe Anderson will play Thursday.
    — Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) August 13, 2013
    Oh no...
    ESPN crew for #Bears #Chargers game Thurs night is Chris Berman, Trent Dilfer and Lisa Salters
    — Brad Biggs (@BradBiggs) August 13, 2013
    Well played Sam...
    Yikes...#mutealert RT @BradBiggs ESPN crew for #Bears #Chargers game Thurs night is Chris Berman, Trent Dilfer and Lisa Salters
    — Sam Householder (@SamHouseholder) August 13, 2013
    Let us know what you thought about Camp Trestman.
  12. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    ZZ on the score update just said that OC Kromer stated that for Webb to make the final 8 on the roster(the team is going to carry 8 OL'men) he has to be able to play 2 positions(I would assume swing T) .

It would seem to me, that he was well aware of this possibility which is why he said he was going dark from twitter last week. And he might well be off the team if he cannot outplay 2 of the three remaining T's(Britton/Scott/Mills)
  13. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +786 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    434ß
    As bad as our line is, I keep getting more and more confident in our coaching staff.

I checked, and Webb Nation HAS been silent. Only two tweets since he said he was going dark. One he wished himself and baby Cutler happy birthdays, the other appeared related to a charity event. Although one was posted at 3 am???? Maybe they're STILL not working him hard enough.

(Thanks for assembling all this info, ric. +5 reputation points...)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    90ß
    Not only that, but hat's off to getting this board rolling again. Whiz and the rest of the staff did a great job setting things up and working out bugs, but rics forum participation went a long way to giving the board a heartbeat again. Kinda like going into a bar, if things are dead, you turn around and leave; but at some point, someone has to go in and stay to get everyone else to start coming in again.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,613 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    673ß
    Please, Please cut Harvey Unga if he doesn't get any real playing time this year. I'm tired of his ghost haunting training camp, lol
  16. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,474 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    506ß
    Unga is trying to set a new NFL record for most training camps attended without ever playing in a real game.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    90ß
    No kidding, what the hell is up with this guy. I was actually pulling for him after we picked him up in the SD, as I thought BYU kind of did him wrong, but at some point enough is enough. Time to fish or cut bate Harv.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    Hey thanks for all the goodwill guys, I just wanted to get back to talking football w/everyone that old site was KILLING me, I think I was seriously suffering w/drawls being down here in SA doesn't lend itself to Chicago Football talk.
  19. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    http://www.hubarkush.com/2013/08/13/bears-wrap-up-trestmans-first-camp/a85l9sx/

Bears wrap up Trestman's first camp
    By KEVIN FISHBAIN - kfishbain@shawmedia.com - Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:41 p.m. CDT
    BOURBONNAIS — The Bears wrapped up 2013 training camp in Bourbonnais on Tuesday on a quiet note, as the team practiced in shells for the first time since putting the pads on July 28th.
    With a home preseason game on Thursday night against the Chargers, Marc Trestman treated practice like a Friday during the season.
    The key to camp was installing the new offense, among other things, and the positive Trestman — to no one’s surprise — was pleased with how his first camp went overall.
    “We’ve been able to operate each and every day to the max and execute the plan of what we wanted to get accomplished in training camp,” he said. “Moving people around, getting our offense installed, having to go up against a terrific defense each and every day, seeing our young players develop — a lot of good things.”
    It has been clear throughout camp that the offense still has some kinks to work out, and Jay Cutler threw another interception on Tuesday — this one by Tim Jennings at the goal line on an out route intended for Brandon Marshall. Jennings returned the pick to plenty of cheers and bowed to the fans in the opposite endzone.
    “I love [turnovers] as the head coach, I’m disappointed when it happens from an offensive standpoint, obviously,” Trestman said. “It’s training camp. It’s practice. We don’t want to see it any time, but that’s why we’re here, to get better and clean up our football.
    “We’re going to fail during practice, and how we respond, as I’ve said before, is the most important thing.”
    We’ll continue to learn more about where the offense is at as the preseason games pick up, and we should see more from the first-team offense on Thursday night. Cutler wouldn’t go into detail on where he thinks the unit is with the new system after three weeks of camp.
    “We're moving along. I don't think I can pinpoint exactly where we're at, but we're definitely getting better each and every day,” he said. “Like I just said, there's ups and downs and there's positives and negatives. We're trying to look at the negatives and try to fix those as quickly as possible and continue to find more and more positives each and every day.”
    Trestman’s challenge overall is improving a team that went 10-6 last year. He explained where he has seen progress with training camp wrapping up.
    “Just the work ethic of the team I think was built. We’ve got a chance to have a real strong backbone. It won’t be the same team as it was last year, but we think it can be better,” he said. “We’re working to be better and that’s a good thing. That’s all we’ve tried to do each and every day.”
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,586 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    http://www.hubarkush.com/2013/08/13/bears-training-camp-notebook-aug-13/ab2hw7a/

Bears Training Camp Notebook: Aug. 13
    By KEVIN FISHBAIN - kfishbain@shawmedia.com - Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:54 p.m. CDT
    Second-year wide receiver Alshon Jeffery has had a strong camp, and head coach Marc Trestman mentioned his development as a good indicator of the progress the Bears have made in training camp.
    "He is extremely important and you can see the way, those of you that have been out here to watch practice, he’s been, when he’s been out here he’s been consistent from the start of practice to the end, he’s worked," Trestman said. "He’s a very hard worker. Very smart, and obviously a dimension we’d love to have and we’re looking forward to seeing."
    Jay Cutler has also been a fan of the work of his No. 2 receiver this summer.
    "He's doing everything we ask for him. He's blocking the run periods, he catching balls when we need him to catch balls," he said. "He's making tough catches one-on-one. You got to be excited to to see a young guy like that work in the offseason and come out and do what he's been doing."
    Here are the rest of the news and notes from Tuesday's final practice of training camp in Bourbonnais:
    Webb of concern: J’Marcus Webb remained the second-team left tackle on Tuesday, and reading between the lines of offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer, Webb has work to do to simply make this team. “He moved to the left side, and he had been working the right side, so it did take him a little time to adjust,” Kromer said. “But if he’s going to be on our team, if he makes our eight, then he’s going to have to play more than one spot, and this is a great opportunity for him to get those reps.” Cutler was asked if the offensive players have talked to him since the demotion. "I think a lot of us have said something to him. You don't want to see him fall off and not use his ability the way that we think he can use his ability," he said. "He's still in the running for this thing and we'd like to see him go out and rebound and play even better so we'll see how he reacts to it."
    Scott update: Jonathan Scott was not present at practice. Trestman said Scott’s injured knee was “aspirated over the last couple days” and they are positive about getting him back next week. ... As for other injuries, Henry Melton and Earl Bennett were both absent from camp again as they recover from concussions. Harvey Unga, Armando Allen, Patrick Mannelly and D.J. Williams did not practice.
    Quick hits: Tuesday’s practice was run predominantly from the sideline, allowing the players to practice transitioning on and off the field efficiently. … The Bears’ special-teams units got a lot of work in, including hurrying onto the field for a field goal situation. Top special-teamers Blake Costanzo, Sherrick McManis and Zack Bowman were doing extra work after practice. … The two top passing plays came from the backups. Matt Blanchard hit Josh Lenz for a long gain and Josh McCown found Terrence Toliver, who came back to the ball for a big catch.